Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree398Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2020, 08:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Here's a little treat for those of you who have good taste in music!
The estate of Prince have released this amazing concert footage from the Purple Rain tour in 1985 and it's so good! Enjoy!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th May 2020, 11:12 AM
Cult Master

The possible future of live music?

First socially distanced music concert takes place in America | Planet Rock

"The first socially distanced music concert has taken place in America since the start of the coronavirus pandemic lockdown – check out photos below.

Singer of the Mississippi based country-rock band Bishop Gunn, Travis McCready, played the TempleLive venue in Fort Smith, Arkansas on Monday (18th May), but it was far-removed from an ordinary concert experience.

All attendees wore compulsory face masks and took mandatory temperature tests before they entered the venue.

Once inside, concertgoers used one-way aisles to get to their seats which were set out in clusters, dubbed “fan pods”, with large sections of the seating cordoned off with yellow tape emblazoned with the word ‘Caution’.

Travis McCready and his fellow performers also maintained a minimum distance of 12 feet from the audience as an extra precaution.

As photos below show, the toilets inside the venue were specially modified for the evening to enforce social distancing.

A total of 229 people attended the concert at former Masonic Temple, TempleLive, which usually has a capacity of 1,100.

The gig was originally due to take place on Friday 15th May but was postponed until Monday (18th May) after Arkansas officials issued a cease-and-desist order to the promoter last week. It was eventually given the green light to go ahead.

Vice President of TempleLive, Mike Brown, told Arkansas TV station KFSM-TV: "This is about rock and roll, and having a good time, and live music, and being out with your peers, and doing what you do as an American: You get out, you do things.”

He also questioned why concerts don’t get the go ahead when other public gatherings Stateside do: "If you can go to a church and it's a public assembly, there is no difference.

"How is it OK for one group to have a public meeting, and it's not OK for a music venue to have the same opportunity?"

At the start of the show, Mike Brown aptly played Beastie Boys' ‘Fight For Your Right (To Party)’ through the venue’s speakers before support act Lauren Brown came on stage.

Earlier this month, the Event Safety Alliance published a 29-page booklet containing best practices for promoters and venue staff when they finally reopen their venues Stateside.

It's unclear when UK concert venues will reopen their doors."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th May 2020, 01:00 PM
Cult Veteran

As somebody who works in a live events venue, that article depresses me. What's the point in going to a show when there is going to be so little atmosphere, you may as well stay at home and watch that Prince concert video I posted up there ^^^

Old 20th May 2020, 01:19 PM
Cult Veteran

I sent the article to people I work with and they're horrified
There is literally no way you can make any money from that either, so the concert goer gets a bad experience, the venue makes no money but the band and promoter will probably do OK financially, but might feel like they're selling their souls playing to 200 people in a 1100 seater venue with lashings of crime scene tape everywhere!
Susan Foreman and nosferatu42 like this.

Old 22nd September 2022, 10:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I was taken to the Glasgow Hydro on Tuesday night to see Andrea Boccelli-astounding!
Apart from his amazing repetoire,in between a short break the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra no less,played Intermezzo.

My God,it was incredible,visions of Michael Corleone falling off his chair and Jake LaMotta dancing around the ring came flashing into my head.

An amazing two hours.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I was taken to the Glasgow Hydro on Tuesday night to see Andrea Boccelli-astounding!
Apart from his amazing repetoire,in between a short break the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra no less,played Intermezzo.

My God,it was incredible,visions of Michael Corleone falling off his chair and Jake LaMotta dancing around the ring came flashing into my head.

An amazing two hours.
Sounds brilliant. Bocelli is one hell of a tenor. I don't have any of his albums but i've heard enough of my mum's.
Old 26th September 2022, 08:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Went to see go now, band consisting of known musicians signing moody blues songs,

GO NOW! - The music of The Moody Blues is the brainchild of drummer Gordy Marshall. Gordy toured with The Moody Blues for 25 years as a session musician. Along with Mick Wilson (known as lead singer of 10cc), the two musicians have brought together some of the very best singers and instrumentalists in the country to create the ultimate tribute to the greatest classic rock band of a generation.Hit songs such as Nights in White Satin, Tuesday Afternoon, Go Now and Isn't Life Strange are beautifully recreated live, and sound as close to the initial recordings as you will ever hear.

Absolutely great night had the crowd going, highly recommend I’d go see again without a doubt.
Susan Foreman and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 14th March 2023, 06:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well, Suede were fun certainly, played a good chunk of the new one, and a good smattering of oldies. Brett was cheerleading from the front and was soaked in sweat at the end. A great time after all the nonsense I've had to put up with this last month. Recommended.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th March 2023, 07:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Well, Suede were fun certainly, played a good chunk of the new one, and a good smattering of oldies. Brett was cheerleading from the front and was soaked in sweat at the end. A great time after all the nonsense I've had to put up with this last month. Recommended.
Seen them 3 times and never fail to anything else but be good and entertaining, definitely a band recommend worth watching.
Took me a few yrs to get into them, wasn’t keen on them for a while, now I appreciate how good they actually are.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 15th April 2023, 11:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Went to see Then jerico in Liverpool, saw them twice in their heyday, Mark is still a showman he looks and comes across like as if he was mick jagger son lol, the venue was small so hence the crowd was, right up at the front,
Great band
Great music
Great night
And mark was at the entrance shaking hands / hugging/ and letting ppl take selfies and telling everyone how much he appreciated how we all come to see them see tonight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8B18DBC4-D0F5-4425-9A30-17A7BE219E11.jpg (51.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 37D7C2C5-73CC-4DFB-9DB3-E142AB86D1B0.jpg (80.5 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!