Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1094Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2013, 07:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Magazine

MAGAZINE - THE LIGHT POURS OUT OF ME

I have to thank Ministry for covering this otherwise I would of been none the wiser about HOWARD DEVOTO,comimg somewhere between Joy Division , Echo and The Bunnymen and The Buzzcocks,music for the forth coming apocalypse.

Old 20th August 2013, 07:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Great tune, I need to hear more of this band. I saw some good Magazine stuff on BBC4 last Friday night on Ep3 of BBC's excellent Punk Britannia series. I never had much time for punk but I was always a big New Wave guy...
Rondadoronron likes this.
Old 21st August 2013, 05:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Telekon

Obviously I don't want to spam this thread with the Numanator but I did give Telekon a listen today,and forgot how good the track This Wreckage is,but then again just a great classic album all round I say.

Old 21st August 2013, 05:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, it's great dude... Numan had songs, strip away the synths and there are songs there. I hear a lot of stuff on the radio these days and it all sounds over-produced to compensate for an actual tune...

Here's a good one from 1991, Global Genocide Forget Heaven, a Californian duo who snuck in the side door on death metal label Peaceville, and came packing hard-edge electronics with a suitcase full of Horror movie samples. This is from their debut long-player Eclipse - see if you can spot the samples...

Old 21st August 2013, 07:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Phenomena (1985) - "The Naked And The Dead" by Andi Sex Gang

Speaking of movie related music

Old 21st August 2013, 11:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default KMFDM - Krank

KMFDM - Krank

Right get down to your beirkeller,strap on your leiderhosen and get umpahing

Old 21st August 2013, 11:33 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

No matter how much of the Numanator we'd get on this thread - it would never equate to spam!
Old 21st August 2013, 11:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Surreal track

Wes and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 22nd August 2013, 04:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default numan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
No matter how much of the Numanator we'd get on this thread - it would never equate to spam!
Ok cool,I didn't want to become annoying twat by posting the same sort stuff.
Old 22nd August 2013, 04:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Japan

Japan - Quiet Life

Im running out of superlative's to call people,I luv David Sylians velvet like Bowie voice,to think was released back in 1980,I believe it was to of been released a year earlier,is it me or are we lacking genuine talent like this nowadays,or am I getting old.(I know the answer both).Any how Duran Duran liked it as they pretty much used it as a template for everything they did,(my guess anyway)

Like this? Share it using the links below!