Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1094Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th August 2013, 06:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Pitchshifter - Genius

Pitchshifter - Genius

Managed to catch them live about the time they released Genius,I always got the feeling they were striving for more mainstream success but fell by the wayside,which was a shame.

Old 24th August 2013, 07:26 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I was a massive Pitchshifter fan during my teens (mainly thanks to the album you posted above). Having listened to their body of work, on retrospect they did seem to be aiming for more commercial success with that one with their later work (changing the vocal style to a more melodic tone for one thing). Even though I only became aware of the band through that album, having explored all their work, "Desensitized" remains my favourite album of theirs.
Rondadoronron likes this.
Old 24th August 2013, 07:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default prod

I could be wrong,but during the mid 90's there was a glut of Prodigy wannabes which I kinda felt Pitchshifter fell into a little,still nothing wrong with that,just like most mainstream faDS it never lasts.
Old 24th August 2013, 07:38 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
I could be wrong,but during the mid 90's there was a glut of Prodigy wannabes which I kinda felt Pitchshifter fell into a little,still nothing wrong with that,just like most mainstream faDS it never lasts.
I definitely think that Prodigy's (and The Chemical Brothers') commercial success in some way influenced Pitchshifter's (as well as many other bands) change in style. If you listen to their old stuff like 'Landfill' from their album 'Industrial' it feels and sounds like a completely different band.
Old 24th August 2013, 10:33 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Ministry - Scarecrow

Ministry - Scarecrow

I suppose one of the main culprits of that fairly vague term Industrial metal is Ministry,Ive lost count of the number of side projects and super groups that Al has been involved in,sometimes I wish he stop buggering about and stick with the one band,but hey what do I know,any who this is my fave from Psalm 69.

Old 24th August 2013, 12:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

My favourite Ministry record is 1988's Land of Rape and Honey, because there's less metal on it than later albums. One track I like is Hizbollah with the Lebanese singing. It sounds like a cross between Muslimgauze, Test Dept. and My Life in the Bush of Ghosts. It's definitely one of their more Industrial sounding tracks...

Old 24th August 2013, 05:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Killing Joke - Millenium

Killing Joke - Millenium

Old 24th August 2013, 07:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Another classic from Chicago's Wax Trax label. I used to have this on 12" - Clock DVA - The Hacker, plus the flipside track The Connection Machine which includes a very sinister sample of Gene Hackman from The Conversation. A must listen if you're a fan of the film...

Old 25th August 2013, 08:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Lard - Drug Raid at 4 AM

Lard - Drug Raid at 4 AM

my fav Al Jorg side projects LARD

Sheets off
Flashlight in your eyes
FREEZE!
Guns in your gut
Strip down
Body search
Cough up
Or stomach pump
To fight the war on drugs
You must give up your rights
You blink, you die
I hate you more than my job
DRUG RAID at 4 AM
Random neighborhood sweeps
Copters break up house parties
Zero tolerance for pot
Easier to get hard stuff
Costs over 3 times more
To keep an addict in jail
Than to treat those trying to quit
But no drug war funds for clinics
No!
Stop!
Please!
No!
DRUG RAID at 4 AM
Old 25th August 2013, 11:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Air head

Just a quick question,would Air be considered synthpop? you guys are probably younger and hipper than me.

Like this? Share it using the links below!