Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree1094Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2013, 08:31 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Are any of our new(er) members into great music, I wonder...

Old 26th June 2013, 12:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th July 2013, 04:50 PM
Cultist

I'm currently loving Canadian industrial techno-heads Orphx, youtube their vid Outcast, immense track and video taken from an Asimov short film. Their album Radiotherapy is great!

I love alot of the mid-80s to mid-90s industrial but then it kinda lost me when alot of the music went all goth trance. Loved all the Ministry side-projects (Lead Into Gold, PTP, 1000 Homo DJs etc), still never seen RevCo or Pigface tho, finally saw probably my fave industrial band - if you can call them that (My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult) - last year in NYC, was as much fun as I'd imagined!

Loving the current trend in techno for industrial sounds - Perc and Perctrax are amazing. Will post some vids later!
Old 11th July 2013, 05:27 PM
Cultist

Just looking over the thread - seen alot of these bands live quite recently - F242, Skinny Puppy were the highlights. The Knife were really disappointing. 23 Skidoo are playing again this year at All Tomorrow's Parties in November!
Old 11th July 2013, 08:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Front Line Assembly-Millennium, great tune.
Pretty old now though.
Old 18th August 2013, 12:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Attraction to All Things Uncertain

Been listening to the Tweaker album The Attraction to All Things Uncertain,If you like the more slower and thoughtful NIN songs then this may be for you.Highlights for me "Linoleum" (featuring David Sylvian),Swamp" (featuring Buzz Osborne)and Microsize Boy,It was abit of grower for me as I was expecting more of a Happiness Is slavery vibe but the more I listened the better it got.

Old 18th August 2013, 02:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Depeche Mode - Black day

Old 18th August 2013, 03:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I also recommend Suicide Commando's song Desire but could only find remixes on YouTube.

Play loud!
Old 19th August 2013, 05:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Pleasure Principle

Been giving Sir Gary Numan King of Synpop album The Pleasure Principle a listen today,I know its corny to say he was a head of his time but he was,there I said it.

Old 19th August 2013, 05:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
I know its corny to say he was a head of his time but he was,there I said it...
Not at all dude... yeah Numan made a lot of mediocre stuff later in his career but those early long-players are still fantastic and essential. Numan absolutely did not deserve the virtual hate campaign directed at him by the English music press and I'm glad a new generation are digging him...

Like this? Share it using the links below!