Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Concert Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/7205-concert-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th June 2013 01:12 PM

I've just booked my tickets to see Queens of the Stone Age at the Glasgow Hydro on November 16 and am going to see KT Tunstall at the Glasgow Sage on November 20.

I'm also considering getting tickets for Thirty Seconds to Mars at the Newcastle Arena on November 18 – that would make it an extremely busy week!

oaxaca 20th June 2013 06:46 AM

Off to see THE BOSS Broooooce Springsteen later today at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry! Cannot wait :D

Susan Foreman 29th June 2013 07:55 AM

I saw The Who at the NEC in Birmingham yesterday

Setlist:

"I Am The Sea, The Real Me, Quadrophenia, Cut My Hair, The Punk And The Godfather, I’m One, The Dirty Jobs, Helpless Dancer, Is It In My Head?, I’ve Had Enough, 5:15, Sea And Sand, Drowned, Bell Boy, Doctor Jimmy, The Rock, Love Reign O'er Me

Who Are You, You Better You Bet, Pinball Wizard, Baba O’Riley, Won’t Get Fooled Again, Tea And Theatre"

As enjoyable as the main part of the show was, which Who fans will recognise as being the entire 'Quadrophenia' album, the greatest hits package which made up the encores were even better!

AND...due to modern technology, we had The Ox playing a bass solo during '5:15', and The Loon singing his parts during 'Bell Boy'

Rik 29th June 2013 08:46 AM

Who? :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th June 2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 349835)
Who? :lol:

You mean who's The Ox? That would be John Entwistle.

Rik 29th June 2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 349837)
You mean who's The Ox? That would be John Entwistle.

I know, I was attempting to be funny regarding the band name, and you've just ruined it :cry::cry::lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th June 2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 349841)
I know, I was attempting to be funny regarding the band name, and you've just ruined it :cry::cry::lol:

Oh. Should've said you were being funny, to avoid confusion. :tongue1:

Nordicdusk 1st July 2013 08:19 PM

Going to see Sigur Ros in November in Dublin. Im not familiar with much of their stuff but they are my GFs favourite band so i have to go along for the ride. Its gonna be alot different to the types of concerts i usually go to but if it keeps the lady happy then ill gladly tag along.

Hope i dont fall asleep or happiness may quickly turn to a black eye :lol:

PaulD 2nd July 2013 09:05 AM

Just got tickets for Pixies in Manchester on November. QOTSA are playing Manchester the day before so still need to find standing tickets at a reasonable price for that

darthelvis 17th July 2013 06:46 AM

Going to see Ricky Warwick (Almighty) & Tony Wright (Terrorvision) play an acoustic show in Aberdeen this Friday.

Got tickets to see Black Sabbath in Glasgow in December. :woot: