Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree1441Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th March 2014, 09:06 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
As you've seen Guns N’ Roses 20 times, you're obviously familiar with the routine. Are they always late getting on stage?

I saw them once and the boos were getting very loud because they were (I think) about 45 minutes late getting on stage, meaning the show ran over and people had to leave early in order to get the last train home.

Guns N Roses start no earlier than 10 they will play 2-3 hours dont bank on getting out much before 1am

i myself have been late for a Guns N Roses show from Drinking in the Bar outside venue missed the first 5 songs ha ha ha

Its a well know thing they play late and in my eyes your attending a Rock concert not a f'king play, but im biased as im a lifetime fan and can happily put up with the shit that goes with the band
Old 24th March 2014, 02:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

It's a shame you haven't actually seen Guns n'Roses though.

Not just Axl and chums.
Rik and Susan Foreman like this.
Old 24th March 2014, 02:48 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's a shame you haven't actually seen Guns n'Roses though.

Not just Axl and chums.
Ill try not to raise to the bait....

I love the current line up of the band, having met and spoken to many of them on different occasions they are a great bunch of guys, and to me musically they play better than the original band, i would of liked to have seen the original line up but alas i was too young but i followed everything they did, on the plus side i have seen Izzy and Duff play with GN'R as guests and i have seen the other band members in other bands except Steven Adler
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 24th March 2014, 04:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
Ill try not to raise to the bait....

I love the current line up of the band, having met and spoken to many of them on different occasions they are a great bunch of guys, and to me musically they play better than the original band, i would of liked to have seen the original line up but alas i was too young but i followed everything they did, on the plus side i have seen Izzy and Duff play with GN'R as guests and i have seen the other band members in other bands except Steven Adler
Being ancient (41) i was lucky enough to see the original line up at Donington in 88. It was my very first gig - Helloween were the very first band i ever saw live.

To be honest the gig itself was ruined by a poor sound due to a swirling wind and the many stoppages for crowd control. (We had no idea anyone had lost their lives during the set until we got home). You could tell they were a raw hungry act at the time. I and my mates who went are actually briefly on the video to Paradise City which was partly filmed there. You have to pause it and really look at the crowd to spot us

The next time i saw them was at Maine Rd, Manchester on the Use Your Illusion tour in 92 supported by Faith No More and Soundarden. I then saw them at Milton Keynes Bowl on the same tour, a year later, then called the Skin n' Bones tour supported by The Cult, Soul Asylum and Blind Melon. By then the dynamics of the band had changed dramatically and they sat around on sofas for several songs .

I've not seen Axl and co since. I really didn't rate The Chinese Democracy bar a couple of tracks. For something that was something like twenty years in the making it really is piss poor.

I saw Velvet Revolver a couple of times too. They were good.

I posted a pic of my GN'R singles collection in this thread last year. http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/musi...lection-5.html. But it's posted below as well to save you looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0403 (Large).jpg (95.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 24th March 2014, 05:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I love the way it's been described as 'a tour' when all 15 shows are in the same place. Surely 'a tour' involves touring and actually playing in different venues?
My thoughts exactly. Nice for London though
Old 24th March 2014, 05:13 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Being ancient (41) i was lucky enough to see the original line up at Donington in 88. It was my very first gig - Helloween were the very first band i ever saw live.

To be honest the gig itself was ruined by a poor sound due to a swirling wind and the many stoppages for crowd control. (We had no idea anyone had lost their lives during the set until we got home). You could tell they were a raw hungry act at the time. I and my mates who went are actually briefly on the video to Paradise City which was partly filmed there. You have to pause it and really look at the crowd to spot us

The next time i saw them was at Maine Rd, Manchester on the Use Your Illusion tour in 92 supported by Faith No More and Soundarden. I then saw them at Milton Keynes Bowl on the same tour, a year later, then called the Skin n' Bones tour supported by The Cult, Soul Asylum and Blind Melon. By then the dynamics of the band had changed dramatically and they sat around on sofas for several songs .

I've not seen Axl and co since. I really didn't rate The Chinese Democracy bar a couple of tracks. For something that was something like twenty years in the making it really is piss poor.

I saw Velvet Revolver a couple of times too. They were good.

I posted a pic of my GN'R singles collection in this thread last year. http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/musi...lection-5.html. But it's posted below as well to save you looking.
Your lucky i was only 9 when they played Donnington, would of loved to see them back then, but it wasn't to be i was denied permission to see them in 92 at Milton Keynes so had to wait until 2002 to see them, again im biased as Axl could fart and i would think it was a masterpiece, but i think Chinese Democracy is a great album and will stand the test of time once the stigma of "oh it took 23 years to make"

i recognise a lot of things in your photo there, maybe one day Ill post my GNR collection for now here is my Chinese Democracy collection, with a signed Vinyl and CD

Old 24th March 2014, 05:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Why all the cd albums? Do they have different track listings?

A very impressive collection by the way.
Old 24th March 2014, 05:21 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Why all the cd albums? Do they have different track listings?

A very impressive collection by the way.
ha ha ha

different countries, a sticker here and there, one is from Japan or Malaysia, rather Anal to be honest, i even brought 10 copies and gave some to friends, Chinese Democracy was a big deal for me
Old 24th March 2014, 05:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
ha ha ha

different countries, a sticker here and there, one is from Japan or Malaysia, rather Anal to be honest, i even brought 10 copies and gave some to friends, Chinese Democracy was a big deal for me
You certainly are a true fan.
Old 24th March 2014, 05:27 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
You certainly are a true fan.
Yeah i like them.

Like this? Share it using the links below!