Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's probably easier just to put this announcement:

Old 9th April 2020, 01:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Like or dislike them, decent of them.

Del amitri free concerts to nhs workers .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6440.jpg (91.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 9th April 2020, 02:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Like or dislike them, decent of them.

Del amitri free concerts to nhs workers .
The Manics are doing the same

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th April 2020, 02:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noticed quite a few bands / groups are which is good of them .
Rick Astley
Script
Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott
Martin Kemp
And few others .
Old 13th April 2020, 03:46 PM
Cult Master

Lets hope he is wrong

Coronavirus: Healthcare expert predicts concerts and festivals will not return until autumn 2021 | NME

Old 13th April 2020, 11:17 PM
Cult Master

Could be true my girlfriends brother works in a pub and he got a letter to say no pubs hotels and restaurants will not be open again until at least September. So i can't imagine concerts with a few thousand people in a small space for quite sometime.
Old 13th April 2020, 11:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Could be true my girlfriends brother works in a pub and he got a letter to say no pubs hotels and restaurants will not be open again until at least September. So i can't imagine concerts with a few thousand people in a small space for quite sometime.
I think they should postpone Glastonbury forever.

You know, as a precaution and all that.
Old 14th April 2020, 12:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm pretty sure I read only 2 days ago Leeds and reading so far have no plans to cancel their festival, I really can't see that going ahead tbh, and be pretty stupid if they did, when every other festival etc have been .
Old 14th April 2020, 11:54 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I'm pretty sure I read only 2 days ago Leeds and reading so far have no plans to cancel their festival, I really can't see that going ahead tbh, and be pretty stupid if they did, when every other festival etc have been .
It's not until the end of August. I can understand why they aren't canceling just yet.
Old 16th April 2020, 06:35 AM
Cult Master

Ticketmaster Changes Policy, No Longer Offering Refunds On Postponed Shows | Metal Injection

"As the entire music industry canceled or postponed their live shows for the next few months, ticket brokers were feeling the sting. We already reported on secondhand brokers like Stubhub planning to petition the government for bailout money, but looks like they're not alone. The largest direct seller of tickets in the world, Ticketmaster, feel the same sting, and are struggling to meet refund demands. Rather than take the loss on the chin, Ticketmaster has went ahead and quietly changed its refund policy.

Digital Music News reports that previously, Ticketmaster would offer refunds for events that were "canceled," "postponed" or "rescheduled." The new policy now only offers refunds if the show is "canceled," but if it is postponed or rescheduled, you will not get a refund for the ticket from Ticketmaster.

The report says that customers on Twitter are saying Ticketmaster is trying to retroactively apply this policy to shows postponed due to COVID-19. Ticketmaster's refund policy page was also updated. Previously, it showed that refunds would be available for postponed shows:

The page very clearly no longer states refunds are available for postponed shows:

Previously, if a show was postponed, you could either keep the ticket for the rescheduled date, or just get a full refund. Now, instead of offering refunds, Ticketmaster instead gives you the option of selling the ticket yourself on their system, via their "Verified Reseller Program." Yea, uhh, good luck selling tickets to a show people don't even know will happen next year.

Update: A new message on Ticketmaster's website reveals new language that shows all hope is not lost for refunds, saying it's ultimately up to the bands:
"If an event organizer is offering refunds for postponed or rescheduled events, a refund link will appear on your Ticketmaster account," says the site in its message, putting the impetus on the event organizer as to when refunds may be offered.

Otherwise, you are encouraged to periodically check back online to see if the status of your event has changed."
Folks are naturally upset. Digital Music News reveals a Stubhub customer has already filed a class action lawsuit against Stubhub for not offering refunds for future postponements, and I can imagine one against Ticketmaster will be coming soon enough. Perhaps all the negative publicity will force Ticketmaster to change course.

Yesterday, a new report from a leading national health expert suggested, based on our currently trajectory with recoveries from COVID-19, that live concerts and large public gatherings in general would not resume until Fall 2021 the earliest"

Like this? Share it using the links below!