Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1472Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2014, 08:08 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Apparently all the Kate Bush tickets were sold in less than 15 minutes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not sure why, but I had no idea she was that popular and there would be such demand for tickets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Probably only touts who've bought the majority unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It would be really good if the touts were left with hundreds of unwanted tickets which they then have to sell at a loss.
Hope not

From the original announcement:

"Ticket purchases are limited to a maximum of 4 per order. For example, you can try to purchase up to 4 tickets for just one of the 15 concerts, or 4 tickets for 4 separate shows.

The name of the lead booker will be printed on the first ticket. As the number of tickets is limited they will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.

Tickets cannot be resold or transferred under any circumstances. If the promoter reasonably believes this to be the case the barcode on the ticket will be voided, prohibiting entry to the concert."

I've also read somewhere that the lead person with the ticket(s) will need photographic ID to prove who they are, so anyone who does use ebay, or something similar, is potentially wasting their money from the start

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th March 2014, 09:22 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That's a great idea. More ticket merchants should do the same.
Old 29th March 2014, 09:35 AM
Active Cultist

You get in a tricky situation with things like that, though.
For one, it screws over anyone who then can't go and wants to re-sell their ticket for their money back, or people buying a ticket as a gift for someone.
Also how many venues actually check that stuff? I've been to plenty of shows where my name's printed on the ticket and I've never had to show ID or the card I purchased the tickets with. The only time I've seen it done, in fact, was the one-off show KISS did at the HMV Forum, and that was only because they announced the show and released tickets so close to the event that none were posted out*.

What they need to do is fully outlaw touting, shut down the sites like Seatwave and Viagogo (who are apparently selling some Kate Bush tickets for up to £1000 each! In fact, the aforementioned KISS show sold out in minutes and not an hour later both sites had tickets upwards of £500 each). Channel 4's Dispatches proved that they have call centres with operators each using multiple cards and addresses to order tickets to then re-sell on the website, as well as the sites being given a chunk of the tickets by Ticketmaster and other companies. Shut down these sites and have police/security deterring touts at the venue. If people have tickets they need to re-sell, the venue or promoter should do as I've seen here in Australia, where they retweet/make people aware of fans on facebook and twitter who have tickets to shift. This way they can't make a profit on them and nobody loses out.

*- Bit of an anecdote for that show, actually. The guy who got my ticket was known to be a bit of a BS-er, so the entire time building up to the show, including the train to London I was silently expecting to get there and not get in - which he'd probably chalk up to a system error or something. Fortunately he pulled through on that occasion and an awesome time was had by all.
Old 29th March 2014, 10:47 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If a ticket is given as a gift or is resold because someone can't attend, they just needs to be a facility whereby you can contact the venue and let them know, giving the name of the person who will receive the ticket.

If there are loads of such requests, then it's probably due to one of the sites you mentioned, which should be closed, and those requests should be denied.

I know it sounds like it would be a pain in the arse, but it is one way of clamping down on touting.
Old 29th March 2014, 02:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

How weird! Sites such as GetMeIn and Ticketwave seem to have a lot of tickets for the shows. I thought they'd sold out.

Kate seems to be charging quite a lot for seats. They seem to range from £300 to £1500.

To sell out in fifteen minutes people must have a lot of money.

Old 29th March 2014, 02:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Perhaps one way of dealing with it is like some football clubs do. If i can't go to a Liverpool game i inform the club online or by phone and they re-sell my ticket. The credit then comes off my next season ticket.

Obviously the season ticket part is not the same, but the place you bought the ticket from could easily re-sell the ticket then refund the original purchaser.
Old 29th March 2014, 02:58 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
How weird! Sites such as GetMeIn and Ticketwave seem to have a lot of tickets for the shows. I thought they'd sold out.

Kate seems to be charging quite a lot for seats. They seem to range from £300 to £1500.

To sell out in fifteen minutes people must have a lot of money.

No!

The official tickets were priced at £49, £59, £75, £95 and £135, and were ONLY available thru eventim. co.uk, gigsandtours .com and ticketmaster. co.uk

Anything else is NOT AUTHORISED OR GENUINE

Old 29th March 2014, 03:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
No!

The official tickets were priced at £49, £59, £75, £95 and £135, and were ONLY available thru eventim. co.uk, gigsandtours .com and ticketmaster. co.uk

Anything else is NOT AUTHORISED OR GENUINE
Sorry you must have mis read my sarcasm smiley Suzi. I don't like using that one so much as it's easy to misrepresent words.
Old 29th March 2014, 03:11 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Sorry you must have mis read my sarcasm smiley Suzi. I don't like using that one so much as it's easy to misrepresent words.
OK

Apologies. I had a long day yesterday, not much sleep last night

Old 29th March 2014, 08:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Tried for Kate Bush tickets. No luck.

Like this? Share it using the links below!