Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree1441Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2022, 09:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Nos, I've been to loads of shows in the last year, so while I understand your reluctance to go to these large shows, I think seated venues are a lot safer. I also go to the cinema every week, attendance is down a lot so you should be fine there. Although first and foremost is only do stuff you're comfortable with, and films are are still coming to home media faster than ever so you won't have long to wait if you chose to stay away for now.

Indoor standing gigs though, going to reconsider that for a while I think!!

Just trying to take it easy now, I'm getting out of breath walking for just a few minutes and I've had a headache pretty much constantly since Thursday, the really annoying symptoms have died down thankfully.

However, as sick as I've felt this last 4 or 5 days it was still worth it, best concert I've been to I think!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th June 2022, 11:09 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

@Nos - From what Justin says i wouldn't be going to seated gigs either if i were you.

I mean, does anyone ever sit down at a seated gig anyway? From my experience they just use the back of the seat in front as something to lean on and crack on as normal.
Old 28th June 2022, 11:11 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Nos, I've been to loads of shows in the last year, so while I understand your reluctance to go to these large shows, I think seated venues are a lot safer. I also go to the cinema every week, attendance is down a lot so you should be fine there. Although first and foremost is only do stuff you're comfortable with, and films are are still coming to home media faster than ever so you won't have long to wait if you chose to stay away for now.

Indoor standing gigs though, going to reconsider that for a while I think!!

Just trying to take it easy now, I'm getting out of breath walking for just a few minutes and I've had a headache pretty much constantly since Thursday, the really annoying symptoms have died down thankfully.

However, as sick as I've felt this last 4 or 5 days it was still worth it, best concert I've been to I think!
Get well soon, Justin.

I really don't fancy the out of breath part when walking for a few minutes. You live in the city where it's flat, i live on a hill. Milly would f*cking kill me if i couldn't take her out.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 28th June 2022, 11:31 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Get well soon, Justin.

I really don't fancy the out of breath part when walking for a few minutes. You live in the city where it's flat, i live on a hill. Milly would f*cking kill me if i couldn't take her out.
Completely off topic, but...

Torquay is literally built on hills - there is nowhere here which could be described as being 'flat'

Because I have scarring on my lungs, caused by catching pneumonia a few years ago, I struggle every time I go out the front door!
Justin101 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th June 2022, 01:23 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
@Nos - From what Justin says i wouldn't be going to seated gigs either if i were you.

I mean, does anyone ever sit down at a seated gig anyway? From my experience they just use the back of the seat in front as something to lean on and crack on as normal.
Sorry, I meant more for the theatre and comedy shows, people pretty much stay in their seat the entire time, if music is involved all bets are off. I recently went to see Bill Bailey in the Liverpool Arena, probably around 8000 people, all very well behaved and civilised
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th June 2022, 05:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Suzanne vega
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 77129A10-BC45-409A-AAC5-B2CB96861262.jpg (100.7 KB, 6 views)
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 28th June 2022, 05:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I'm always in the seated area at Arena gigs and most of them have people standing/jumping/dancing in front of the seats behind the wheelchair spaces.

There are some where people stay seated, but that's only the minority – the Sage at Gateshead always has very well behaved (and firmly policed) attendees.
Old 29th June 2022, 07:33 AM
Cult Master

Proof that Heavy Metal music is truly global!

"Ulaanbaatar’s most famous musical export The HU are bringing their Black Thunder Tour to the UK and Ireland later this year.

Fresh from unleashing their phenomenal single ‘This Is Mongol’ back in May, the Mongolian quartet will play nine headline shows in late November and early December"

The HU’s UK tour dates:

NOVEMBER 2022
Manchester Academy – Mon 28th
Leeds Stylus – Wed 30th

DECEMBER 2022
Nottingham Rock City – Thu 1st
Cardiff Great Hall – Fri 2nd
Birmingham O2 Institute – Sat 3rd
Dublin 3Olympia – Mon 5th
Belfast Ulster Hall – Tue 6th
Glasgow SWG3 (Galvanizers) – Wed 7th
London Roundhouse – Fri 9th

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The-HU 2022 tour-poster.jpg (92.2 KB, 34 views)

Old 7th July 2022, 06:10 PM
Cult Master

Billy Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Re-scheduled until October (due to him suffering with an MRSA infection. Makes a change from Covid I suppose!)

New dates:

OCTOBER 2022
  • Manchester AO Arena – Thu 13th
  • Cardiff Motorpoint Arena – Mon 17th
  • London OVO Arena, Wembley – Wed 19th
  • Glasgow OVO Hydro – Fri 21st
  • Birmingham Resorts World Arena – Sun 23rd
  • Leeds First Direct Arena – Tue 25th

Note that the support band is now Television, replacing The Gogo's, who will not be appearing
Quote:
I was sorely tempted to get a ticket for the Billy Idol show in Manchester. Seeing The Go-Go's was a big pulling point for me. Glad i didn't now as they've left the tour.
Apparently Toyah has also been added to the bill

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Billy Idol 2022.jpg (91.5 KB, 53 views)

Old 7th July 2022, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I use to be clued up on music, but not been clued up for yrs, half the time I'm like who? Never heard of them, last week my friend asked me if I want to go see Biffy Clyro, tbh I don't know enough about their music, he said it's only £35, ah **** it at that price why not, he books them then proceeds there playing in leads, ah well give us a reason to get out and about for a day or two and stay over.

Like this? Share it using the links below!