Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Concert Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/7205-concert-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 25th October 2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 409076)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 409629)
Just got tickets for Chloe and myself

Methinks I'm in for a bit of 'good lovin'' tonight!!!

;)

Tickets have just arrived

Rock 'N Roll, dude!!!!

:rockon:

vipco 26th October 2014 12:28 PM

To many bands to mention as im a prolific gig goer from late 70's and still going to shows .
My first gig was The Ramones in 1978 age 12 . Favourite gig The Clash 1979 age 13 , my least fav gig is still U2 first Belfast gig . My next gig will be my fav band Nine Below Zero on 3rd Jan 15. Should have been The Who but Irish tour got put back till 2015. Might go see Fozzy in March 15 but might be to old...lol.
Heard The Murder Junkies were planning coming to Europe in 2015 so would love to see them and Evan Dando live before I die.

mr 420 26th October 2014 01:42 PM

I'll bet that seeing The Clash live in '79 was quite an experience, to say the least. :nod: :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th October 2014 04:11 PM

I would have loved to see the Ramones and the Clash near their peak.

Rondadoronron 26th October 2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 423045)
I would have loved to see the Ramones and the Clash near their peak.

I did manage to see the Ramones although it was the later part of there career.

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th October 2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondadoronron (Post 423049)
I did manage to see the Ramones although it was the later part of there career.

Which brothers were in the band Ron?

Rondadoronron 26th October 2014 05:29 PM

1989-10-08 The Studio - Bristol, England

It was 1989 so the line was Joey.Johnny.Marky and this was a year before Dee Dee left im pretty sure it was him and not CJ (although memory being as it is im not 1000%}

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th October 2014 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondadoronron (Post 423059)
It was 1989 so the line was Joey.Johnny.Marky and this was a year before Dee Dee left im pretty sure it was him and not CJ (although memory being as it is im not 1000%}

Marky? (snigger) :skull:

I bet you really saw Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch but you're just trying to be cool!

Rondadoronron 26th October 2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 423063)
Marky? (snigger) :skull:

I bet you really saw Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch but you're just trying to be cool!

im ashamed to say i did go through a white boy rap phase.:werewolf:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th October 2014 05:44 PM

Thought i'd post this here seeing as people are looking at this music thread currently.

Tonight on BBC 4, 10PM - Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways

Foo Fighters go on a musical tour of America, from the desert to the Midwest and from jazz to punk, visiting the studios and meeting the musicians that have helped shape the country's vast musical wealth. Directed by Dave Grohl, the series taps into the musical heritage and cultural fabric of eight cities where the location is only revealed once each episode is broadcast - Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Seattle and Washington DC.

Along the way they record their eighth studio album, one song in each city at a legendary recording studio integral to its history. Every track features local legends and each episode delves into the identity of each city - showing how the region shaped the members of the Foo Fighters in their formative years and, in turn, how they impacted the cultural fabric of their hometowns. Sonic Highways is, in Grohl's words, 'a love letter to the history of American music.'Following the opening double-bill of programmes 1 and 2, subsequent episodes will be available on consecutive weeks on BBC iPlayer, then returning to BBC Four for episodes 7 and 8 in December.