Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Concert Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/7205-concert-thread.html)

PaulD 26th November 2014 09:48 AM

The Concert Thread

Also got tickets to see Goblin live score Deep Red in London in February. Getting it as a Christmas present. Have friends in London so always good to go down and see them and make a weekend of it.

Rik 26th November 2014 09:50 AM

Is that THE Goblin and not the version we say in Manchester the other week?

PaulD 26th November 2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 426559)
Is that THE Goblin and not the version we say in Manchester the other week?

Nah it's Claudio Simonetti's Goblin or whatever they're called. Still should be good though, had planned on visiting my mates around February anyway so works out well and one of my mates had always wanted to see Deep Red at the cinema.

Demoncrat 26th November 2014 01:27 PM

As I mentioned, I went to see The Jesus & Mary Chain on Sunday. Apart from the lanky prick who decided to block my view rather ignorantly, twas great. William producing some interesting drones etc etc. Highlights were In A Hole, Upside Down and Never Understand. May go back down to Edinburgh in Feb, as they are playing there also.

Rik 26th November 2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 426583)
As I mentioned, I went to see The Jesus & Mary Chain on Sunday. Apart from the lanky prick who decided to block my view rather ignorantly, twas great. William producing some interesting drones etc etc. Highlights were In A Hole, Upside Down and Never Understand. May go back down to Edinburgh in Feb, as they are playing there also.

Didn't even know they were still going!

Slash for me on Saturday at the Leeds Arena, we've got great seats, so expect plenty of photos on Sunday :)

PaulD 26th November 2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 426583)

Hoping to see them in newcastle in feb if I have the money. It's Pyschocandy in full so kinda have to really!

Demoncrat 26th November 2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 426594)
Hoping to see them in newcastle in feb if I have the money. It's Pyschocandy in full so kinda have to really!

It's a great night. Me hearing just about recovered now etc.;)

Rik 30th November 2014 12:51 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Well, Slash was amazing last night in Leeds, we had great seats and the crowd were much better than 3 years ago when I saw him.
Support came from an Australian band called Twenty Two Hundred, who were excellent, and Glenn Hughes' new band, California Breed, who were also excellent, especially when they played a couple of Deep Purple songs :rockon:

Attachment 150763
Attachment 150764
Attachment 150765
Attachment 150766
Attachment 150767
Attachment 150768
Attachment 150769
Attachment 150770

profondo rosso 30th November 2014 12:55 PM

Glad you enjoyed it Rik, I went the night previous at Manchester, fabulous night, great sound and the audience were very active and vocal which makes a big difference. Slash is such a cool enigma, and Myles Kennedy has vocal chords that are special, an unreal voice. Glenn Hughes' voice for a 63 year old man were nothing short of fantastic. :rockon:

Rik 30th November 2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by profondo rosso (Post 427038)
Glad you enjoyed it Rik, I went the night previous at Manchester, fabulous night, great sound and the audience were very active and vocal which makes a big difference. Slash is such a cool enigma, and Myles Kennedy has vocal chords that are special, an unreal voice. Glenn Hughes' voice for a 63 year old man were nothing short of fantastic. :rockon:

A mate of mine went to the Manchester gig, he text me to tell me I was in for a treat, he wasn't wrong! I managed to get two pretty good videos too, which I'm in the slow process of uploading to You Tube!