Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Concert Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/7205-concert-thread.html)

SharonLynette 23rd July 2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 259419)
Chas and Dave and The Cockney Rejects, I take my hat off to you. I'm presently coming to the conclusion that The Rejects "Greatest Hits Vol II" is one of the best lps ever to come out of Britain.

It is a fantastic album! Chas & Dave and The Cockney Rejects I possibly saw at the same time. It's all a bit of a blur really but I remember Chas & Dave more as they were on in the daylight!

wonderlust 4th August 2012 08:05 PM

Black Sabbath, last night!!

Baseball Fury 30th August 2012 11:21 AM

Saw At The Drive-In on Tuesday night in Brixton. Amazing show by an amazing band. The energy has gone down (Omar Rodriguez-Lopez looked like he didn't want to be there) but the musicianship has gone up, so it was unbelievable.

And as a bonus, they played one of my favourite songs of all time, Catacombs.

Justin101 30th August 2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderlust (Post 263633)
Black Sabbath, last night!!

Who's playing drums for them on this tour? They're all looking good and nice to see grins on their faces :D

edit: BF - I'd love to see At The Drive In, amazing LOUD band :d

Susan Foreman 31st August 2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 269669)
Who's playing drums for them on this tour?

Tommy Clufetos, who is usually Ozzy's drummer, and has previously played with Ted Nugent, Uncle Alice and Rob Zombie,

gag 2nd September 2012 12:22 AM

Beside ticketmaster recommend me a good site so I can see who touring, concerts or comedians etc

Daemonia 16th November 2012 11:56 AM

Went to see Gong last night and it was ****ing awesome. Totally blew my mind, best they've ever been. I'm still flying! :)

Rik 16th November 2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 292741)
Went to see Gong last night and it was ****ing awesome. Totally blew my mind, best they've ever been. I'm still flying! :)

Were there any Pothead Pixies in their Flying Teapot's there?

Daemonia 17th November 2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 292765)
Were there any Pothead Pixies in their Flying Teapot's there?

Yes...sort of. Well, there was Daevid Allen in his Pixie outfit. :lol:

My friend kept running out because it was too intense for her. Full on space cadet mode. Nice to see new initiates freaking out. :D

oaxaca 26th November 2012 07:45 PM

Had 3 gigs in 3 days last week which was great... Saw MULATU ASTATKE on Thursday, the so called Godfather of Ethiopian Jazz (probably best known for featuring on the soundtrack of Jim Jarmusch's film Broken Flowers), THE LEVELLERS on Friday in Brum and then FRANK TURNER on saturday.

Here's my gig list so far:

JOHN SQUIRE of THE STONE ROSES fame (first ever gig I went to with a mate, it was at the old O2 academy in Birmingham).
MANIC STREET PREACHERS
THE LEVELLERS (more times than I can remember)
McDERMOTTS 2 HOURS
NEW MODEL ARMY
JUSTIN SULLIVAN
THE BLEEDING HEARTS (several times)
LITTLE JOHNNY ENGLAND
SHOW OF HANDS
CHUMBAWUMBA
STEELEYE SPAN (twice)
FLOGGING MOLLY
FRANK TURNER (three times)
JACKSON BROWNE
LOVE (WITH ARTHUR LEE) (twice)
THE ROBERT CRAY BAND (three times)
NICK CAVE AND THE BAD SEEDS (twice)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (solo at the royal albert hall)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND (at cardiff millenium stadium, the manchester etihad stadium and crystal palace football ground)
NILS LOFGREN
SOUTHSIDE JOHNNY AND THE ASBURY DUKES
PAUL McCARTNEY at Glasto
SUZANNE VEGA
BJORK
THE DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS
JOSH ROUSE (twice)
LAURA VEIRS
DAR WILLIAMS (twice)
LAURA CANTRELL
HEATHER NOVA
PATTI GRIFFIN
EVE SELIS
CARA DILLON
THE BE GOOD TANYAS
DAMIEN JURADO
KATHLEEN EDWARDS
JUSTIN TOWNES-EARLE
WILLARD GRANT CONSPIRACY
WILCO
CLEM SNYDE
BRUBECKS PLAY BRUBECK (with Dave O' Higgins on sax/clarinet)
WYNTON MARSALIS & THE LINCOLN ORCHESTRA
MULATU ASTATKE

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th June 2013 01:12 PM

I've just booked my tickets to see Queens of the Stone Age at the Glasgow Hydro on November 16 and am going to see KT Tunstall at the Glasgow Sage on November 20.

I'm also considering getting tickets for Thirty Seconds to Mars at the Newcastle Arena on November 18 – that would make it an extremely busy week!

oaxaca 20th June 2013 06:46 AM

Off to see THE BOSS Broooooce Springsteen later today at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry! Cannot wait :D

Susan Foreman 29th June 2013 07:55 AM

I saw The Who at the NEC in Birmingham yesterday

Setlist:

"I Am The Sea, The Real Me, Quadrophenia, Cut My Hair, The Punk And The Godfather, I’m One, The Dirty Jobs, Helpless Dancer, Is It In My Head?, I’ve Had Enough, 5:15, Sea And Sand, Drowned, Bell Boy, Doctor Jimmy, The Rock, Love Reign O'er Me

Who Are You, You Better You Bet, Pinball Wizard, Baba O’Riley, Won’t Get Fooled Again, Tea And Theatre"

As enjoyable as the main part of the show was, which Who fans will recognise as being the entire 'Quadrophenia' album, the greatest hits package which made up the encores were even better!

AND...due to modern technology, we had The Ox playing a bass solo during '5:15', and The Loon singing his parts during 'Bell Boy'

Rik 29th June 2013 08:46 AM

Who? :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th June 2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 349835)
Who? :lol:

You mean who's The Ox? That would be John Entwistle.

Rik 29th June 2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 349837)
You mean who's The Ox? That would be John Entwistle.

I know, I was attempting to be funny regarding the band name, and you've just ruined it :cry::cry::lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th June 2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 349841)
I know, I was attempting to be funny regarding the band name, and you've just ruined it :cry::cry::lol:

Oh. Should've said you were being funny, to avoid confusion. :tongue1:

Nordicdusk 1st July 2013 08:19 PM

Going to see Sigur Ros in November in Dublin. Im not familiar with much of their stuff but they are my GFs favourite band so i have to go along for the ride. Its gonna be alot different to the types of concerts i usually go to but if it keeps the lady happy then ill gladly tag along.

Hope i dont fall asleep or happiness may quickly turn to a black eye :lol:

PaulD 2nd July 2013 09:05 AM

Just got tickets for Pixies in Manchester on November. QOTSA are playing Manchester the day before so still need to find standing tickets at a reasonable price for that

darthelvis 17th July 2013 06:46 AM

Going to see Ricky Warwick (Almighty) & Tony Wright (Terrorvision) play an acoustic show in Aberdeen this Friday.

Got tickets to see Black Sabbath in Glasgow in December. :woot:

Make Them Die Slowly 31st October 2013 10:00 PM

Saw Chelsea Wolfe last weekend. Fairly good. I was the only person there without a beard as far as I could tell. Going to see Savages, weekend after next.

Hawkmonger 1st November 2013 07:13 AM

Going to see 30 Seconds to Mars in November when they come to the MEN arena. More than a little excited.:happy:

gag 2nd November 2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 375122)
Going to see 30 Seconds to Mars in November when they come to the MEN arena. More than a little excited.:happy:

I wouldn't mind going to see them .

Just seen Suede and going to see Queens of the Stone Age so can't complain at least I'm still getting out and about and seeing the odd band here and there.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th February 2014 03:18 PM

Updated list:

The Prodigy (three times)
Green Day (twice)
Ash
The Darkness
Rage Against the Machine
The Offspring
Feeder
Silverchair
Placebo
Foo Fighters
Metallica
Cave In
Papa Roach
The Stereophonics (twice)
Radiohead
[spunge]
Iron Maiden
Guns N’ Roses
Terrorvision
Alanis Morissette
Red Hot Chili Peppers (twice)
Slipknot
blink-182
Pitchshifter
A
Machine Head
The Futureheads
The Wombats
KT Tunstall
Laura Marling
Ladyhawke
Queens of the Stone Age

Susan Foreman 21st March 2014 09:32 AM

Oh my gosh!

I have turned back into a teenage boy!!

KATE BUSH IS GOING TO BE PERFORMING SOME LIVE SHOWS

From her website:

"Before the Dawn

I am delighted to announce that we will be performing some live shows this coming August and September.
I hope you will be able to join us and I look forward to seeing you there.
We'll keep you updated with further news on the web site.
Meanwhile, all details of concert dates and tickets are in the note below.
Very best wishes,
Kate

Before The Dawn at London's Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith

AUGUST

Tuesday, 26th August
Wednesday, 27th August
Friday, 29th August
Saturday, 30th August

SEPTEMBER

Tuesday, 2nd September
Wednesday, 3rd September
Friday, 5th September
Saturday, 6th September
Tuesday, 9th September
Wednesday, 10th September
Friday, 12th September
Saturday, 13th September
Tuesday, 16th September
Wednesday, 17th September
Friday, 19th September
Tickets

Tickets will go on sale at 9.30 am (GMT) on the 28th March 2014 and will be available exclusively from the following agents:

Tickets for Concerts, Festivals, Sports, Events and Attractions.
GIGSANDTOURS | Concert & Event Tickets | UK Tour Dates
Tickets for concerts, theatre, football, family days out. Official Ticketmaster Site

Please note that tickets are not available directly from the venue Box Office. Additional order enquiries should be directed to the Eventim customer service department at:
customerservice@eventim.co.uk or 08443760021

Ticket purchases are limited to a maximum of 4 per order. For example, you can try to purchase up to 4 tickets for just one of the 15 concerts, or 4 tickets for 4 separate shows.

The name of the lead booker will be printed on the first ticket. As the number of tickets is limited they will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.

Tickets cannot be resold or transferred under any circumstances. If the promoter reasonably believes this to be the case the barcode on the ticket will be voided, prohibiting entry to the concert.

We hope to see you there."

Before the Dawn | Kate Bush

Susan Foreman 23rd March 2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 397512)
Oh my gosh!

I have turned back into a teenage boy!!

KATE BUSH IS GOING TO BE PERFORMING SOME LIVE SHOWS

Apparently, tickets are priced at £49, £59, £75, £95 and £135

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd March 2014 09:04 AM

I love the way it's been described as 'a tour' when all 15 shows are in the same place. Surely 'a tour' involves touring and actually playing in different venues?

Dave Boy 23rd March 2014 08:01 PM

Hopefully I can get a ticket for Kate. I think it may sell out quickly though.

anythinggoes78 24th March 2014 07:38 AM

Shed 7 x 2
Aerosmith x 4
3 Colours Red
Lenny Kravitz
The Black Crowes
StereoPhonics
Weezer
Guns N Roses x 20
Velvet Revolver x 3
Bullet For My Valentine x 5
Funeral For a Friend
Tool
Nine Inch Nails
Tenacious D
MegaDeth x 3
Stone Sour
Iron Maiden x 3
Stone Gods x 3
Airbourne x 4
Avenged Sevenfold x 3
Papa Roach x 3
Motely Crue
ACDC x 4
Led Zeppelin
Anthrax
Down x 5
Orange Goblin x 2
Metallica x 6
The Prodigy x 3
Rob Zombie x 2
Alice Cooper x 2
Marilyn Manson x 3
Motorhead x 5
Black Stone Cherry
BuckCherry
Skindred
Slipknot x 2
Black Sabbath
Steel Panther
All Time Low
Bring Me The Horizon
Rammstien x 3
Within Temptation
Rage Against The Machine
Loaded
Lacuna Coil
Korn
Judas Priest
Def Leppard
The Darkness
Hardcore Superstar
Napalm Death
Devil Driver
Kiss
Disturbed
Him
Saxon
Apocolyptica
Whitesnake
ZZ Top
Five Finger Death Punch

I have also attended Download festival every year since 2006 and im sure i have missed out quite a few bands as well.

Guns N Roses i have seen in France Ireland Greece and twice in America once at Madison Square Garden in 2006, where we also got to attend the aftershow party and meet and drink with the band, Axl Rose is a very funny guy, also got to hang out with the band at Reading and Leeds 2010 and watched the shows from the stage side.

ACDC got to see them at madison Square Garden as well in 2008

Upcoming shows

Download 2014
Asking Alexandria
Bring Me The Horizon

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th March 2014 07:54 AM

As you've seen Guns N’ Roses 20 times, you're obviously familiar with the routine. Are they always late getting on stage?

I saw them once and the boos were getting very loud because they were (I think) about 45 minutes late getting on stage, meaning the show ran over and people had to leave early in order to get the last train home.

anythinggoes78 24th March 2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 397794)
As you've seen Guns N’ Roses 20 times, you're obviously familiar with the routine. Are they always late getting on stage?

I saw them once and the boos were getting very loud because they were (I think) about 45 minutes late getting on stage, meaning the show ran over and people had to leave early in order to get the last train home.

Guns N Roses start no earlier than 10 they will play 2-3 hours dont bank on getting out much before 1am

i myself have been late for a Guns N Roses show from Drinking in the Bar outside venue missed the first 5 songs ha ha ha

Its a well know thing they play late and in my eyes your attending a Rock concert not a f'king play, but im biased as im a lifetime fan and can happily put up with the shit that goes with the band

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th March 2014 01:22 PM

It's a shame you haven't actually seen Guns n'Roses though.

Not just Axl and chums. ;)

anythinggoes78 24th March 2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 397805)
It's a shame you haven't actually seen Guns n'Roses though.

Not just Axl and chums. ;)

Ill try not to raise to the bait....

I love the current line up of the band, having met and spoken to many of them on different occasions they are a great bunch of guys, and to me musically they play better than the original band, i would of liked to have seen the original line up but alas i was too young but i followed everything they did, on the plus side i have seen Izzy and Duff play with GN'R as guests and i have seen the other band members in other bands except Steven Adler

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th March 2014 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 (Post 397813)
Ill try not to raise to the bait....

I love the current line up of the band, having met and spoken to many of them on different occasions they are a great bunch of guys, and to me musically they play better than the original band, i would of liked to have seen the original line up but alas i was too young but i followed everything they did, on the plus side i have seen Izzy and Duff play with GN'R as guests and i have seen the other band members in other bands except Steven Adler

Being ancient (41) i was lucky enough to see the original line up at Donington in 88. It was my very first gig - Helloween were the very first band i ever saw live.

To be honest the gig itself was ruined by a poor sound due to a swirling wind and the many stoppages for crowd control. (We had no idea anyone had lost their lives during the set until we got home). You could tell they were a raw hungry act at the time. I and my mates who went are actually briefly on the video to Paradise City which was partly filmed there. You have to pause it and really look at the crowd to spot us :lol:

The next time i saw them was at Maine Rd, Manchester on the Use Your Illusion tour in 92 supported by Faith No More and Soundarden. I then saw them at Milton Keynes Bowl on the same tour, a year later, then called the Skin n' Bones tour supported by The Cult, Soul Asylum and Blind Melon. By then the dynamics of the band had changed dramatically and they sat around on sofas for several songs :lol:.

I've not seen Axl and co since. I really didn't rate The Chinese Democracy bar a couple of tracks. For something that was something like twenty years in the making it really is piss poor.

I saw Velvet Revolver a couple of times too. They were good.

I posted a pic of my GN'R singles collection in this thread last year. http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/musi...lection-5.html. But it's posted below as well to save you looking.

Mojo 24th March 2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 397722)
I love the way it's been described as 'a tour' when all 15 shows are in the same place. Surely 'a tour' involves touring and actually playing in different venues?

My thoughts exactly. Nice for London though :rolleyes:

anythinggoes78 24th March 2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 397822)
Being ancient (41) i was lucky enough to see the original line up at Donington in 88. It was my very first gig - Helloween were the very first band i ever saw live.

To be honest the gig itself was ruined by a poor sound due to a swirling wind and the many stoppages for crowd control. (We had no idea anyone had lost their lives during the set until we got home). You could tell they were a raw hungry act at the time. I and my mates who went are actually briefly on the video to Paradise City which was partly filmed there. You have to pause it and really look at the crowd to spot us :lol:

The next time i saw them was at Maine Rd, Manchester on the Use Your Illusion tour in 92 supported by Faith No More and Soundarden. I then saw them at Milton Keynes Bowl on the same tour, a year later, then called the Skin n' Bones tour supported by The Cult, Soul Asylum and Blind Melon. By then the dynamics of the band had changed dramatically and they sat around on sofas for several songs :lol:.

I've not seen Axl and co since. I really didn't rate The Chinese Democracy bar a couple of tracks. For something that was something like twenty years in the making it really is piss poor.

I saw Velvet Revolver a couple of times too. They were good.

I posted a pic of my GN'R singles collection in this thread last year. http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/musi...lection-5.html. But it's posted below as well to save you looking.

Your lucky i was only 9 when they played Donnington, would of loved to see them back then, but it wasn't to be i was denied permission to see them in 92 at Milton Keynes so had to wait until 2002 to see them, again im biased as Axl could fart and i would think it was a masterpiece, but i think Chinese Democracy is a great album and will stand the test of time once the stigma of "oh it took 23 years to make"

i recognise a lot of things in your photo there, maybe one day Ill post my GNR collection for now here is my Chinese Democracy collection, with a signed Vinyl and CD

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n..._1145628_n.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th March 2014 04:17 PM

Why all the cd albums? Do they have different track listings?

A very impressive collection by the way. :woot:

anythinggoes78 24th March 2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 397827)
Why all the cd albums? Do they have different track listings?

A very impressive collection by the way. :woot:

ha ha ha

different countries, a sticker here and there, one is from Japan or Malaysia, rather Anal to be honest, i even brought 10 copies and gave some to friends, Chinese Democracy was a big deal for me

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th March 2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 (Post 397829)
ha ha ha

different countries, a sticker here and there, one is from Japan or Malaysia, rather Anal to be honest, i even brought 10 copies and gave some to friends, Chinese Democracy was a big deal for me

You certainly are a true fan. :nod:

anythinggoes78 24th March 2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 397830)
You certainly are a true fan. :nod:

Yeah i like them.