Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree1377Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #421  
Old 20th August 2017, 12:03 PM
gag's Avatar
gag gag is offline
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Here there and everywhere
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Few my friends been saying we need to get our arses in gear and start going again to see some bands \ groups live..

We had a get together and here what we come up with that over next few weeks we hopefully will be booking to get tickets for .

Some are next year tho

Killers
Depeche mode
Queens of the stone age
Arcade fire
Darkness
Circus of horrors ....yes not a group I've seen twice before years ago and highly enjoyed.
Shed seven
Electro 80s music
Anarchy night tribute bands to sex pistols and other punk bands

Was talks of orbital , deep purple, Metallica, and few others but when their playing I'm unavailable due to other things , so I won't be able to go .

Im also going to see before end of the year Gorillaz , Jimmy Carr , Sarah millican seen all three before ....
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 20th August 2017, 12:11 PM
gag's Avatar
gag gag is offline
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Here there and everywhere
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Am not sure how I'm reading this , but I've got 2 other people to read it and their seeing the same as me and made same comments .
Did they drive 500 miles before they released he was missing if so then they had to drive 500 miles back for him .
But he was only waiting 4 hrs ?
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 20th August 2017, 12:44 PM
Ex-member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Am not sure how I'm reading this , but I've got 2 other people to read it and their seeing the same as me and made same comments .
Did they drive 500 miles before they released he was missing if so then they had to drive 500 miles back for him .
But he was only waiting 4 hrs ?
If I am reading it right he got a lift from someone else.

"We didn't know how we were going to get him from that desolate spot to St Paul, so we tweeted and lots of kind people tweeted me back saying 'I'm in Fargo, maybe I could get there, I'm in Bismarck, maybe we could work something out'. I even had a friend who was driving down from Winnipeg on the way to the show here.
"So currently we have him in a car driving to Bismarck and the only question is will they let him on the plane with no ID and in his pyjamas."
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 20th August 2017, 01:30 PM
nosferatu42's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Castle Fronkensteen
Default

What made me laugh is no one noticed.

99d4e482ac5e8ba87beea48d03fd5b0d.jpg

Bet he feels well chuffed.
__________________

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 20th August 2017, 06:33 PM
bleakshaun's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Burntisland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Few my friends been saying we need to get our arses in gear and start going again to see some bands \ groups live..

We had a get together and here what we come up with that over next few weeks we hopefully will be booking to get tickets for .

Some are next year tho

Killers
Depeche mode
Queens of the stone age
Arcade fire
Darkness
Circus of horrors ....yes not a group I've seen twice before years ago and highly enjoyed.
Shed seven
Electro 80s music
Anarchy night tribute bands to sex pistols and other punk bands

Was talks of orbital , deep purple, Metallica, and few others but when their playing I'm unavailable due to other things , so I won't be able to go .

Im also going to see before end of the year Gorillaz , Jimmy Carr , Sarah millican seen all three before ....
Good luck with queens of the stone age, me and my mates tried to get tickets to see them in Edinburgh, but sadly sold out

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
__________________
It says here you're a HERETIC
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 23rd August 2017, 08:25 AM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Robert Plant UK tour dates

NOVEMBER 2017
Plymouth Pavilions Thu 16th
Bristol Colston Hall Fri 17th
Wolverhampton Civic Hall Mon 20th
Llandudno Venue Cymru Wed 22nd
Newcastle City Hall Fri 24th
Liverpool Olympia Sat 25th
Glasgow SEC Armadillo Mon 27th
Perth Concert Hall Tue 28th
Manchester O2 Apollo Thu 30th

DECEMBER 2017
Belfast Ulster Hall Sat 2nd
Sheffield City Hall Wed 6th
London Royal Albert Hall Fri 8th
Portsmouth Guildhall Mon 11th
Birmingham Symphony Hall Tue 12th

Robert Plant announces 11th studio album 'Carry Fire' and 14-date UK tour - Planet Rock
Grabbed a pair of these for my Mum and Stepdad. I'm really surprised that the tour is stopping at The Olympia (where I saw John Carpenter last year) as it's a pretty intimate venue and a lot smaller than the others on the tour.
She's over the moon anyway!
Susan Foreman likes this.
__________________


Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 23rd August 2017, 10:32 AM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Grabbed a pair of these for my Mum and Stepdad. I'm really surprised that the tour is stopping at The Olympia (where I saw John Carpenter last year) as it's a pretty intimate venue and a lot smaller than the others on the tour.
She's over the moon anyway!
I would love to see Robert Plant live.

But, and it's a big BUT, i'd have to choose the set list.

He's so down with jamming sea shanty's with his band that he doesn't play an awful lot i like. Too much Zeppelin and too many covers.
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 31st August 2017, 11:13 AM
bleakshaun's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Burntisland
Default

Liam Gallagher touring UK
http://www.nme.com/news/music/liam-g...ickets-2132900

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
__________________
It says here you're a HERETIC
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 31st August 2017, 11:19 AM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I would love to see Robert Plant live.

But, and it's a big BUT, i'd have to choose the set list.

He's so down with jamming sea shanty's with his band that he doesn't play an awful lot i like. Too much Zeppelin and too many covers.
I never saw this last week, sorry!
I've forewarned my mother that he's not going to be playing Black Dog and the like, he's got a new album out in October and the set list will be heavily skewed to that. It sold out almost immediately as well so I was on the fence about going and it's been taken out of my hands Seth Lakeman is supporting and like his music!
__________________


Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 31st August 2017, 12:47 PM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Childhood home of Billy Idol and Max Splodge - Orpington
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've forewarned my mother that he's not going to be playing Black Dog and the like, he's got a new album out in October and the set list will be heavily skewed to that. It sold out almost immediately as well so I was on the fence about going and it's been taken out of my hands
You might need to rethink that! At the risk of spoiling things, this was the setlist for the last full concert he played in Germany on August 2nd:
  • Poor Howard
  • Turn It Up
  • What Is and What Should Never Be (Led Zeppelin song)
  • Rainbow
  • Black Dog (Led Zeppelin song)
  • The Rain Song (Led Zeppelin song)
  • No Place to Go / Dazed and Confused (Led Zeppelin song)
  • Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You (Joan Baez cover/Led Zeppelin song)
  • Little Maggie ([traditional] cover)
  • Fixin' to Die (Bukka White cover)
  • Whole Lotta Love / You Can't Judge a Book by It's Cover
  • Rock and Roll (Led Zeppelin song)
  • Going to California (Led Zeppelin song)

Admittedly, he wasn't promoting a new album, but there was a lot of Zeppelin classics played
Rik and Justin101 like this.
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.