Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree1441Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2018, 12:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Can't help feeling amused but sorry for the guy at same time ,

https://www.independent.ie/entertain...-36603727.html

A man bought tickets to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Belfast this weekend, only to find he was actually going to see bagpipe band Red Hot Chilli Pipers.

Duncan Robb, from Derbyshire, bought two tickets at £30 a pop to see what he thought were the American rockers for himself and his girlfriend for Christmas.

He shared the mishap on Twitter, describing it as a "nightmare".

"Still can’t believe we’ve flown over to Belfast not for the @ChiliPeppers but to see the ‘worlds best bagpipe band’ @chillipipers ... thought I’d got a rate good deal on tickets n’all. Had a nightmare"

Duncan revealed that he only discovered his mistake on Wednesday, two days before flying to Belfast ahead of the show on Saturday night.

Speaking about the experience he said it "Was a mixture between disbelief, shock and hilarity. How could I have been so stupid? Hopefully we will get to see the real Chilli Peppers some day".

However, they still went to see the show, which he described as an "experience" as they couldn't believe how many songs the band could play.

"Had flights and hotel already booked, didn’t make any sense to be over there and not at least check them out!" he told his followers
The Red Hot Chili Peppers (not to be confused with the Red Hot Chilli Pipers)
Asked what he thought of Belfast, he added, "Fantastic city! My dads from NI so I go over quite a lot. Would like to think I know it quite well now".

Other Twitter users revealed that they had made the same mistake on other occasions.
Old 15th February 2018, 04:25 AM
Cult Master

The Pipers are a great band

nosferatu42 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th February 2018, 06:23 AM
Cult Master

Tickets for the Portsmouth performance are £29.00 / £44.12 / £55.32 / VIP £100.68 inc booking fee and restoration levy

Old 15th February 2018, 09:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The Pipers are a great band

No doubt they are just the fact of confusing them with the original group, and the story being amusing .
Its not first time I've heard about people getting names confused I've almost done it myself I think if going name your self similar to bands \ people etc then it should be enough not to be confused eg they be could The red hot pipers , or The hot chilli pipers and not almost identicall apart from one word..
Ive read in the industry world where companies have tried suing other companies to change their name for having similar names eg McDonalds putting heavy on someone who called their burger shop MacDonald in Scotland
Old 19th February 2018, 03:27 PM
Cult Master

Glenn Hughes, the vocalist and bass player with Deep Purple between 1974 - 1975 ('Burn', 'Stormbringer, and 'Come Taste the Band') is playing 9 dates in October

Old 19th February 2018, 04:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Glenn Hughes, the vocalist and bass player with Deep Purple between 1974 - 1975 ('Burn', 'Stormbringer, and 'Come Taste the Band') is playing 9 dates in October
I hope this doesn't mean BCC are on the verge of splitting again.
Old 19th February 2018, 04:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I saw them supporting Slash a couple of years back, they were awesome so I’m tempted to go to the Leeds gig, nice small venue too
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th February 2018, 07:07 PM
Cult Master

If you are stuck for a holiday venue this year, think about Butlins at Skegness between Fri 05 Oct 2018 - Mon 08 Oct 2018 for 'The Great British Alternative Music Festival'

"The Great British Alternative Music Festival gives the genre a chance to live and breathe in a relaxed festival atmosphere.

You'll see live performances from original acts with real pedigree and history, along with new and upcoming performers, all in the company of like-minded fans. Plus our warm indoor venues and modern bars mean that you can enjoy live acoustic sets, all culminating in an immersive live Alternative music experience."

Headline acts announced are:

The Boomtown Rats
Sham 69
New Model Army
The Exploited
The Blockheads
U.K. Subs
Spear Of Destiny
The Wildhearts
Dirt Box Disco
GBH
Bad Manners
The Professionals
Hands Off Gretel
No Thrills
Hung Like Hanratty

https://www.bigweekends.com/your-bre...ito=GBAltEBO18
Rik and nosferatu42 like this.

Old 20th February 2018, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dirt Box Disco are awesome, I did the live sound for them (and Sham 69, Stiff Little Fingers among others) at a punk festival In Morecambe a few years back
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th February 2018, 07:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
If you are stuck for a holiday venue this year, think about Butlins at Skegness between Fri 05 Oct 2018 - Mon 08 Oct 2018 for 'The Great British Alternative Music Festival'

"The Great British Alternative Music Festival gives the genre a chance to live and breathe in a relaxed festival atmosphere.

You'll see live performances from original acts with real pedigree and history, along with new and upcoming performers, all in the company of like-minded fans. Plus our warm indoor venues and modern bars mean that you can enjoy live acoustic sets, all culminating in an immersive live Alternative music experience."

Headline acts announced are:

The Boomtown Rats
Sham 69
New Model Army
The Exploited
The Blockheads
U.K. Subs
Spear Of Destiny
The Wildhearts
Dirt Box Disco
GBH
Bad Manners
The Professionals
Hands Off Gretel
No Thrills
Hung Like Hanratty

https://www.bigweekends.com/your-bre...ito=GBAltEBO18
I know people who saw Dirt Box Disco in Morecambe a couple of years ago.

Said the band were great but the sound was shite.
Rik and nosferatu42 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!