Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1472Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2019, 10:01 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Regarding Europe do they get the biggest reaction from THAT song or do they even play it i do find it a shame when a band is defined by one song.
Old 6th November 2019, 11:21 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Regarding Europe do they get the biggest reaction from THAT song or do they even play it i do find it a shame when a band is defined by one song.
When I saw them (Portsmouth Guildhall - March 15th, 1992), 'The Final Countdown' was the last song of the evening, and yes it got a big reaction from the audience, but no bigger than the other songs they played

It was actually the last date of the entire tour, so there was a real party atmosphere with both bands (Europe and support band Pink Cream 69) playing jokes on each other and generally messing around / having a fun time, which obviously the audience enjoyed
nosferatu42 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th November 2019, 12:27 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
When I saw them (Portsmouth Guildhall - March 15th, 1992), 'The Final Countdown' was the last song of the evening, and yes it got a big reaction from the audience, but no bigger than the other songs they played

It was actually the last date of the entire tour, so there was a real party atmosphere with both bands (Europe and support band Pink Cream 69) playing jokes on each other and generally messing around / having a fun time, which obviously the audience enjoyed
Thats good to hear i have been to gigs where people only react to one song and then nothing for the rest of the night. I wouldn't bother going to see a band if i only knew the hit.
Old 6th November 2019, 12:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Thats good to hear i have been to gigs where people only react to one song and then nothing for the rest of the night. I wouldn't bother going to see a band if i only knew the hit.
Having not seen them since 89 when they supported Bon Jovi (along with Skid Row and Vixen) at Milton Keynes Bowl i can only go off reviews which say they are an excellent live band and Joey Tempest a fine singer and front man. I can't recall a poor review of them since they reformed in the early 2000's.

Naturally The Final Countdown receives the biggest response and they always leave it for the finale, but what better way to go home, perhaps the most famous song from the 80's.

I can recommend their albums since reforming. I own Start from the Dark (2004) and Last Look at Eden (2009). Both really strong sets of songs.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 7th November 2019, 11:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Levellers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5246.jpg (93.4 KB, 9 views)
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 7th November 2019, 12:11 PM
Cult Master

W.A.S.P

OCTOBER 2020
Bristol SWX – Thu 1st
London O2 Forum – Fri 2nd
Nottingham Rock City – Sat 3rd
Newcastle O2 Academy – Sun 4th
Glasgow O2 Academy – Mon 5th
Belfast Limelight – Wed 7th
Dublin Academy – Thu 8th
Manchester Albert Hall – Fri 9th
Wolverhampton KK’s Steel Mill – Sat 10th
Leeds Stylus – Sun 11th
Norwich UEA – Tue 13th
Cardiff Tramshed – Wed 14th
Coventry Empire – Thu 15th
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 7th November 2019, 12:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I wonder if Blackie still refuses to play Animal.

I've never figured why that should be forbidden due to it's lyrical content but songs like Tormentor, LOVE Machine, Shoot from the Hip, Harder Faster and 9.5.-N.A.S.T.Y. are deemed okay.

Incidentally if you Google the lyrics it comes up with the lyrics to Manimal.
Old 8th November 2019, 06:37 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I wonder if Blackie still refuses to play Animal
As long as he has Christian faith, it seems that the song won't be back in the setlist

"The Bible says "Christ's blood cleanses us once and for all." So that said, I no longer do songs like ”Animal” because scripture tells us to “Let no corrupt speech come from your mouth” so that’s why I wouldn’t want to do those sort of songs, but it’s certainly not because of any attempted future atonement on my part. That gets done the moment you first come to true repentance.

Someone might ask why dropping the “f-bomb” is such a big deal? Well, if the Ten Commandments tells me not to commit adultery, and I continue using a word that describes that act, then what does that say about my understanding of that Commandment?"

How W.A.S.P.’s Blackie Lawless Went From F–king Like a Beast to Smiting the Beast | Loudwire

Old 8th November 2019, 08:02 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
As long as he has Christian faith, it seems that the song won't be back in the setlist

"The Bible says "Christ's blood cleanses us once and for all." So that said, I no longer do songs like ”Animal” because scripture tells us to “Let no corrupt speech come from your mouth” so that’s why I wouldn’t want to do those sort of songs, but it’s certainly not because of any attempted future atonement on my part. That gets done the moment you first come to true repentance.

Someone might ask why dropping the “f-bomb” is such a big deal? Well, if the Ten Commandments tells me not to commit adultery, and I continue using a word that describes that act, then what does that say about my understanding of that Commandment?"

How W.A.S.P.’s Blackie Lawless Went From F–king Like a Beast to Smiting the Beast | Loudwire
Old 9th November 2019, 04:59 AM
Cult Master

Single UK date

"Berlin's experimental music group, Einstürzende Neubauten, make a welcome return to O2 Forum Kentish Town for an exclusive show."

Wed 30 Sep 2020
O2 Forum Kentish Town, London
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!