Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1463Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2020, 10:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just be careful you two, I only went across the road to the shops and it's horrendous. However, good luck and hope you get to the gig b

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th February 2020, 10:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I don’t even wanna walk to the shop for cigs in this, never mind getting a train anywhere, good luck guys!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th February 2020, 11:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Ugh, don't know what to do. Our fence has blown down, which gives an indication of how bad it is. Can get to Croydon by car, but that will be quite hairy itself - then relying on trains into London from there.

Should I stay or should I go?
Old 9th February 2020, 11:19 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
Ugh, don't know what to do. Our fence has blown down, which gives an indication of how bad it is. Can get to Croydon by car, but that will be quite hairy itself - then relying on trains into London from there.

Should I stay or should I go?
It's as much the getting back part as getting there i's be thinking about.
Old 10th February 2020, 09:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The skids

https://www.the-skids.com/tour
Old 10th February 2020, 12:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Didn't make it. By the time I was supposed to go everything was at its worse and half the trains were off. Gutting. At least my ticket refund claim seems relatively straightforward.
Old 10th February 2020, 12:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
Didn't make it. By the time I was supposed to go everything was at its worse and half the trains were off. Gutting. At least my ticket refund claim seems relatively straightforward.
Pleased for you in that respect.
Old 10th February 2020, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Got back from DELAIN earlier this morning.
Once again an awesome gig!

Got to London no problem but after that trains were delayed or cancelled due to stuff on the line.
I checked the venue once I was there just in case the gig was cancelled or something.
Waited in line about an hour and a half before doors open. No cover there so had to wait in on/off rain. The wind had calmed down by then.
Won a Delain banner in a lucky dip while waiting.
Still okay after the gig.
In the night the wind was really strong and I got worried that I may not make it back home this morning and was awake real early, but all was okay and I caught my early train back. The train terminated at my stop as a tree had fallen on the line and could go no farther. That was lucky for me. Also trains were delayed back to London as a tree had fallen over the track that way.
So I have been real lucky in my travel these past days.
Had to catch up on some sleep this morning.
Hope Deadite made it okay.

20200210_132055.jpg 20200210_132126.jpg
Old 10th February 2020, 01:16 PM
Cult Veteran

Dave, I'm glad you got to the gig and had a great time, the shirt you posted was my second choice and I opted for the one with the illustration of the siren on the rocks in a nice blue. I meant to take a picture of it and forgot, it's in the wash now

Gutted for you Deadite, hopefully the money will come through, it's not the same as going but it's better than nothing Hopefully you'll get to their next one!
Deadite likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 10th February 2020, 02:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Aw, that crap news Deadite. Sorry missed your last post.
The travel side of it, although was straight forward for me there and back, I did have that worried element. When I got to Victoria and looking back at the board most of the trains were delayed or cancelled I did wonder if I had done the right thing by going. It was in the back of my mind all throughout the night that I may not get back home. All the TV channels were saying it is getting worse and not to travel. Then, in the night in my hotel when the wind and rain got up fierce again I got really worried that I may be in fact stranded in London in the morning. I was awake at 4am worried. It is crap for you but you did the right thing by staying at home as things were so uncertain on the trains.
Charlotte said they will be back soon so you will have another chance to see them.
Deadite likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!