Like Tree1441Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2022, 08:11 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
No acts announced yet, but...

Glastonbury 2023: Tickets for festival rise to £340 / BBC News

"Tickets for next year's Glastonbury Festival will cost £340, organisers have confirmed

Festival-goers will be charged £335 plus a £5 booking fee for standard tickets, plus a £50 deposit

The last time tickets went on sale, in 2019, they cost £265 plus the booking fee for what should have been the 2020 festival, but was postponed due to the pandemic

Tickets for 2019's festival cost £248, plus a £5 booking fee."
Glastonbury 2023: Elton John will headline Pyramid Stage in final UK gig / BBC News

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd December 2022, 09:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

He might have been ok to watch in his hey day when he had the energy to bounce around stage, now I can imagine it to be boring as hell and him just sat there tinkering on his piano, I said same thing on Twitter, and someone replied they saw him recently and that was exactly what he did, and about every 2nd song he wander around the stage then back to his piano.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:27 AM
Cult Master

Reading and Leeds 2023

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2023 - Reading and Leeds.jpg (98.0 KB, 48 views)

Old 12th December 2022, 10:08 AM
Cult Master

Look, stop me of you have heard this one before...

KISS *final* UK tour dates

JUNE 2023

Plymouth Argyle Home Park – Sat 3rd
Birmingham Arena – Mon 5th
Newcastle Utilita Arena – Tue 6th

July 2023
London The O2 – Wed 5th
Manchester AO Arena – Fri 7th
Glasgow OVO Hydro – Sat 8th

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 12th December 2022, 11:04 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Look, stop me of you have heard this one before...

KISS *final* UK tour dates
Beats me why people seem to mock bands for not retiring or quitting.

Scorpions went on a final tour before retiring then came out with their best album in years in Rock Believer this year. People change, plans change. Bands can think they won't be able to'do this anymore' in a couple of years then find out they can and still want to so why the hell should they quit just because of saying something is 'final' or the 'last ever'.

Have you heard the sort of stuff that's out there now? It's crap in comparison to Kiss, Scorpions, the Stones, Motley Crue etc. These are the acts still headlining arenas and festivals. Without the bands popular from the 70's and 80's the rock and metal scene would be in dire straits when it comes to gigs.

These classic bands / artists should be cherished not mocked because they still want to entertain and perform.
Old 12th December 2022, 12:15 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Beats me why people seem to mock bands for not retiring or quitting
Fair play to KISS for continuing to make money - God knows they probably need it!!

This is the third year running that they have announced their 'final' dates in the UK - first they played some in 2019, then they played their last ever show at Download in 2022 and now they are playing their last ever final tour of the UK in 2023!

If they are not careful, people will stop taking them seriously!!

Old 12th December 2022, 12:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Fair play to KISS for continuing to make money - God knows they probably need it!!

This is the third year running that they have announced their 'final' dates in the UK - first they played some in 2019, then they played their last ever show at Download in 2022 and now they are playing their last ever final tour of the UK in 2023!

If they are not careful, people will stop taking them seriously!!
Does it really matter. They are a rock band. Not the government or U2. Nobody should take them seriously.

If someone wants to see them then they'll buy a ticket no matter if it's their first tour or supposed final tour.

I've been lucky enough to see them four times over the years. Okay not at Cobo Hall, Detroit in the 70's, but as far as the UK goes supporting their hugely popular Crazy Nights album, followed by the Revenge tour then twice (Including Donington 96) as the reformed classic line up with Ace and Peter. Had i not seen these shows i'd be clamouring for a ticket no doubt.

Maybe i'm just of a different mindset to you regarding bands which is absolutely fine.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 12th December 2022 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12th December 2022, 03:25 PM
Cult Veteran

Some people just love their job as well, they might think they're ready for retirement then a few months later they're bored silly!

My Step-dad for one, he's 70 now, he's been a ship builder since he left school, he retired a couple of years ago but he still goes to Cammell Lairds every day, now as a casual because he'd be bored stupid if he stayed at home every day.

Fair play to any band who 'retire' and then come back for more, it;s not exactly the cheating the fans out of anything is it, if anything they'd be as happy to get to see the band more times, and if they're not then the ticket sales will reflect it and it probably WILL be the last tour.

I'd let off any band that does this, apart from Motley Crue since they made such a hoopla about it and getting lawyers and contracts and then came back anyway

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th December 2022, 05:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

This is great. I will go again I'm sure. Last tours I saw them were Sonic Boom, KISSWORLD and Final Tour.
Tickets not on sale yet for London in July, plus some things to work out for the date as a only a few days before IRON MAIDEN.
Old 12th December 2022, 06:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
This is great. I will go again I'm sure. Last tours I saw them were Sonic Boom, KISSWORLD and Final Tour.
Reminds me i must have seen them five times as i've definitely seen Kiss open a show with Psycho Circus in Manchester.
Dave Boy likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!