Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Latest Album Bought (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/7207-latest-album-bought.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2013 10:49 AM

I think my dad has the vinyl A Clockwork Orange soundtrack which he bought when it was first released.

Nordicdusk 31st May 2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 344626)
Drive was from Mondo via their Mondo Records imprint (loooong sold out now) and I picked up Henry from Martian Records in Exmouth for £9.99

I looked Drive up earlier its selling for close to €100 now. You scored well with both of them :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th June 2013 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Received this today.

Despite really liking ZZ Top i've never owned any of their first ten albums so this set was of huge interest.

The box is really compact, cute really, and the cd's come in cardboard sleeves similar to the vinyl originals. The gatefolds are all nicely reproduced.

What may interest collectors is the fact the first three albums are the original versions and have never been released previously on cd.

Nordicdusk 10th June 2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 346455)
Received this today.

Despite really liking ZZ Top i've never owned any of their first ten albums so this set was of huge interest.

The box is really compact, cute really, and the cd's come in cardboard sleeves similar to the vinyl originals. The gatefolds are all nicely reproduced.

What may interest collectors is the fact the first three albums are the original versions and have never been released previously on cd.

Thats a great looking set where did you pick it up?

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th June 2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 346456)
Thats a great looking set where did you pick it up?

I pre ordered it from Amazon. £21.37 delivered.

Nordicdusk 10th June 2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 346460)
I pre ordered it from Amazon. £21.37 delivered.

Cheers Dem ;)

I must add it to the list.

Jinx_Barkman 14th June 2013 10:37 PM

Picked up these cheapies yesterday.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image....L._SY300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...ZL._SX300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...WL._SX300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_SY300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...nL._SY300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...IL._SX300_.jpg

nosferatu42 15th June 2013 12:19 AM

Last album i bought was John Spencer Blues Explosion - Orange. (wait for the tumbleweed);)

Make Them Die Slowly 15th June 2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 347202)
Last album i bought was John Spencer Blues Explosion - Orange. (wait for the tumbleweed);)

You're not alone, though I think there are just me, you and bdc left on the forum who like garage punk and rock n roll. Check this thread out if you haven't already, there's some Jon Spencer on it somewhere.http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/musi...rage-punk.html

nosferatu42 15th June 2013 10:12 PM

Nice one that look's like it's got some good music on it(just had a quick peek). Gonna have to take my time lookin over all that stuff. Alot of it i haven't seen before but looks like my kinda thing. Thanks. ;):dance:

Susan Foreman 16th June 2013 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got 'The Ramones Leave Home' expanded and remastered edition from ASDA for £3:00

Not only does it contain the original album:

1. Glad to See You Go
2. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
3. I Remember You
4. Oh Oh I Love Her So
5. Carbona Not Glue
6. Suzy Is a Headbanger
7. Pinhead
8. Now I Wanna Be a Good Boy
9. Swallow My Pride
10. What's Your Game
11. California Sun
12. Commando
13. You're Gonna Kill That Girl
14. You Should Never Have Opened That Door

it also contains

15. Babysitter

which was an included on later versions of the original LP, replacing the song 'Carbona not Glue', which was removed from the album to avoid a potential lawsuit, because Carbona is a corporate trademark

and

16. Loudmouth
17. Beat On the Brat
18. Blitzkrieg Bop
19. I Remember You
20. Glad to See You Go
21. Chain Saw
22. 53rd & 3rd
23. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
24. Havana Affair
25. Listen to My Heart
26. California Sun
27. Judy Is a Punk
28. I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You
29. Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World
30. Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue
31. Let's Dance

recorded live in California in 1976

So, 31 songs. Still has a run time of barely an hour tho!!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2013 09:22 AM

Still excellent value for only three quid!

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th June 2013 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My mum and dad have just given me this as a thank you for painting their garden fences.

Nordicdusk 18th June 2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 347789)
My mum and dad have just given me this as a thank you for painting their garden fences.

I painted my sisters house and got :censored: all :lol:

Rik 18th June 2013 03:40 PM

I've had it on twice today, really is my favourite album in ages, really considering going to see them in Manchester this December, despite not wanting to pay a fortune for a ticket

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th June 2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 347791)
I painted my sisters house and got :censored: all :lol:

Thats a bit mean of her. :nod:

Nordicdusk 18th June 2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 347795)
Thats a bit mean of her. :nod:

Then she knocked two of the walls in her back garden two days after i painted them and the paint got destroyed on the back of the house a waste of two bloody weekends :(

At least i got a bit of a tan :)

stefanmetal 18th June 2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 347318)
You're not alone, though I think there are just me, you and bdc left on the forum who like garage punk and rock n roll. Check this thread out if you haven't already, there's some Jon Spencer on it somewhere.http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/musi...rage-punk.html

Me too. I love Reatards and The Oblivians. Fungi Girls and Woven Bones are bands I also like.

Do you like Hasil Adkins?

Plus like you I bought the new Oblivians album. Every day when I get home from work I walk round the corner praying that it will have arrived.

Make Them Die Slowly 19th June 2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanmetal (Post 347838)
Me too. I love Reatards and The Oblivians. Fungi Girls and Woven Bones are bands I also like.

Do you like Hasil Adkins?

Plus like you I bought the new Oblivians album. Every day when I get home from work I walk round the corner praying that it will have arrived.

Yeah, I really like Hasil, I'm sure I've posted some of his chicken based songs on here somewhere. My Oblivians lp arrived last week. It's more restrained than their older stuff, more like a heavy Reigning Sounds lp with Jack and Eric on it. I've not heard of Fungi Girls or Woven Bones, I'll check them out.

stefanmetal 20th June 2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 347987)
Yeah, I really like Hasil, I'm sure I've posted some of his chicken based songs on here somewhere. My Oblivians lp arrived last week. It's more restrained than their older stuff, more like a heavy Reigning Sounds lp with Jack and Eric on it. I've not heard of Fungi Girls or Woven Bones, I'll check them out.

Might have a listen to them as I've never heard of them before. I suppose with garage type bands there are dozens and dozens of them really. Plenty of gold to be found.

Nordicdusk 24th June 2013 02:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 113247 Attachment 113248

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th June 2013 05:40 PM

Thats an under appreciated Ministry album Nordic.:rockon:

Make Them Die Slowly 24th June 2013 08:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just ordered these.

Nordicdusk 30th June 2013 03:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 113719 Attachment 113720 Attachment 113721

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th June 2013 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 350034)

Silverwing from Burning Bridges is one of the finest pieces of melodic death metal i've ever heard.

I've just finished watching the Arch Enemy dvd Live Apocalypse. An exhaustive two disc set.

It has some good interviews as extras. Angela, whilst sounding like the Devil's harpy on stage comes across quite gentle in reality and is really pretty.

Rik would love the "Tech" interviews with Michael Amott. Fifteen minutes of a bloke showing off his live get up. :doh: :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th June 2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 349019)
Thats an under appreciated Ministry album Nordic.:rockon:

I can remember saying a similar thing to you a few weeks ago ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th June 2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 350038)
I can remember saying a similar thing to you a few weeks ago ;)

Thats how i found out it was under appreciated? :nod:

Nordicdusk 1st July 2013 05:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 113736 Attachment 113737 Attachment 113738

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 350211)

Sounds of the Universe is excellent. It shows they can still deliver the goods.

I haven't bought latest album Delta Machine yet.

Nordicdusk 1st July 2013 06:06 PM

Thats great to hear Dem only ever had a best of until i got the live album last week so when i seen these for €3 each i took the chance.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 350225)
Thats great to hear Dem only ever had a best of until i got the live album last week so when i seen these for €3 each i took the chance.

Ultra is a classic.

I've not heard the third one. I'm not interested in their early pop stuff. I think this one was a transitional record. I'm interested to know what you think of this one.

Nordicdusk 1st July 2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 350227)
Ultra is a classic.

I've not heard the third one. I'm not interested in their early pop stuff. I think this one was a transitional record. I'm interested to know what you think of this one.

Im gonna give it a blast shortly. Im trying to expand into 80s music a bit more taking a stabs in the dark any recommendations would be most welcome.

Jinx_Barkman 1st July 2013 06:21 PM

Nice pickups nordic. DM is my favorite band. You have to get Black Celebration. That is their best album as far as I'm concerned. Delta Machine took me a few listens before I warmed to it. It's certainly not their best but I enjoy it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 350228)
Im gonna give it a blast shortly. Im trying to expand into 80s music a bit more taking a stabs in the dark any recommendations would be most welcome.

I doubt blast will be the right term Nordic. :lol:

I generally dislike 80's music other than the metal and rock of the time. I recommend Hysteria.

Nordicdusk 1st July 2013 06:36 PM

Cheers lads ill pick those albums up.:clap:

Nordicdusk 1st July 2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 350230)
I doubt blast will be the right term Nordic. :lol:

Thats the METAL talking :lol:

Jinx_Barkman 1st July 2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 350228)

What genres? I would recommend Severed Heads - Rotund For Success. Wonderful electronic album. Camouflage is a decent Depeche Mode clone. Worth a listen for sure. OMD is poppy but still brilliant. New Order gets a high recommendation from me as well.

Post-punk: Ultravox is pretty popular so I'm sure you've heard of them before. The Sound & The Chameleons are both worthy additions to the genre.

Nordicdusk 1st July 2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 350237)
What genres? I would recommend Severed Heads - Rotund For Success. Wonderful electronic album. Camouflage is a decent Depeche Mode clone. Worth a listen for sure. OMD is poppy but still brilliant. New Order gets a high recommendation from me as well.

Post-punk: Ultravox is pretty popular so I'm sure you've heard of them before. The Sound & The Chameleons are both worthy additions to the genre.

Cheers Jinx im interested in some electronic.

Jinx_Barkman 1st July 2013 10:45 PM

Yaz or Yazoo is a great band. Vince Clarke was one of the original members of Depeche Mode.

Here's a list of a few electronic bands/artists I really like in addition to the ones above. Not all 80's mind you.

Jean Michel Jarre
Skinny Puppy
Kraftwerk
Coil
The Human League (they became ultra poppy)
Suicide
Men Without Hats
Peter Schilling
Alphaville

Exploring their discography is part of the fun so I won't tell you which one's to look for.;)

Nordicdusk 1st July 2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 350307)
Yaz or Yazoo is a great band. Vince Clarke was one of the original members of Depeche Mode.

Here's a list of a few electronic bands/artists I really like in addition to the ones above. Not all 80's mind you.

Jean Michel Jarre
Skinny Puppy
Kraftwerk
Coil
The Human League (they became ultra poppy)
Suicide
Men Without Hats
Peter Schilling
Alphaville

Exploring their discography is part of the fun so I won't tell you which one's to look for.;)

Thanks again Jinx i really appreciate that and accept the challenge you lay before me ;)