Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree4343Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2016, 12:05 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I've stuck a brief review on the listening to thread.
Rik likes this.
Old 28th January 2016, 08:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Three from HMV.

Gary Moore and Steel Panther. (Ratt vinyl optional)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2321 (Large).jpg (87.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2322 (Large).jpg (95.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2318 (Large).jpg (89.5 KB, 10 views)
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:53 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Siouxsie & the Banshees.

You really can't fault HMV for service. This was posted yesterday and turned up this morning. Every order from them has been the same. Unlike Amazon who i'm still waiting on a similar set being delivered when the tracking info says 'Expected 30th Jan. It's on the way'.

A nice set of gate fold albums for £12.99
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2336 (Large).jpg (97.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2340 (Large).jpg (92.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 3rd February 2016, 07:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Going to have a riot, but it's going to be quiet.

Blue Murder is a classic album from former Thin Lizzy / Whitesnake guitarist John Sykes and mega-drummer Carmine Appice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2347 (Large).jpg (92.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2348 (Large).jpg (85.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2342 (Large).jpg (93.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 4th February 2016, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran

Carpenter Brut - Trilogy repress was waiting for me when I got home, the last press sold out in 12 hours and fetches up to £300, the repress sold out in 2 hours last Saturday!

Limited to 250 red vinyl and 250 black vinyl, I grabbed the red one.
Also showing the new Ulver album which is a web exclusive on transparent red vinyl limited to 250 also
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0185.jpg (96.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0186.jpg (97.6 KB, 8 views)

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th February 2016, 12:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Cutting Edge 80S

Cutting Edge 80's
The Alternative Sound of the Decade,says the cover under a shiny silver 80's looking turntable,In fact most if not all were chart hits and would be familiar even to the biggest dullard,so there really isn't allot of true 80's alternative tracks in the truest sense.As a connoisseur of the cheap supermarket compilation CD, someone who has bought everything from Halloween hits from ASDA to Ska Anthems from Tesco's, Ive pretty much delved into most music genres,all be it through the medium of the cheap compilation.I do adhere to a criteria,how many cds in the set? how many tracks per cd? and of course how much? Although in fairness I don't think ive bought one for more than £5.Cutting Edge scores pretty well,there is three cd's,with 18 tracks per cd,so 54 tracks altogether,which if you think of in the terms of cash is about 9 pence per track. Like the majority of compilations,there is of course the usual Good, The Bad and The Ugly of music.Luckily there is more good than bad and ugly,some of the good being The Lotus Eaters The first picture of you,Spear of Destiny Liberator,A Flock of Seagulls I ran,Japan Quiet life and a song which although a little bit cheesy is a great toe tapping tune by Wax called Bridge to your Heart,a song I had totally forgot about but instantly remembered when it came on.There's a few interesting choices,The Stranglers Always the Sun and Iggy Pop Loco Mosquito which are not the obvious choices from there 80's output. If you have bought a few of the Ministry Of Sound 1980's compilations box sets then you will have a few of these songs already,but there is some genuine great oddball choices that makes this comp a worth while purchase,I mean who can not love New Musilk's Living by Numbers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81E2HykrskL._SL1500_.jpg (90.6 KB, 3 views)

Old 13th February 2016, 01:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The new album from Megadeth - Dystopia.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 13th February 2016, 02:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

This week's new albums.

(Double live Saxon LP for background purposes only)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2371 (Large).jpg (91.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2378 (Large).jpg (89.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2379 (Large).jpg (79.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 13th February 2016, 02:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Cutting Edge 80's
The Alternative Sound of the Decade,says the cover under a shiny silver 80's looking turntable,In fact most if not all were chart hits and would be familiar even to the biggest dullard,so there really isn't allot of true 80's alternative tracks in the truest sense.As a connoisseur of the cheap supermarket compilation CD, someone who has bought everything from Halloween hits from ASDA to Ska Anthems from Tesco's, Ive pretty much delved into most music genres,all be it through the medium of the cheap compilation.I do adhere to a criteria,how many cds in the set? how many tracks per cd? and of course how much? Although in fairness I don't think ive bought one for more than £5.Cutting Edge scores pretty well,there is three cd's,with 18 tracks per cd,so 54 tracks altogether,which if you think of in the terms of cash is about 9 pence per track. Like the majority of compilations,there is of course the usual Good, The Bad and The Ugly of music.Luckily there is more good than bad and ugly,some of the good being The Lotus Eaters The first picture of you,Spear of Destiny Liberator,A Flock of Seagulls I ran,Japan Quiet life and a song which although a little bit cheesy is a great toe tapping tune by Wax called Bridge to your Heart,a song I had totally forgot about but instantly remembered when it came on.There's a few interesting choices,The Stranglers Always the Sun and Iggy Pop Loco Mosquito which are not the obvious choices from there 80's output. If you have bought a few of the Ministry Of Sound 1980's compilations box sets then you will have a few of these songs already,but there is some genuine great oddball choices that makes this comp a worth while purchase,I mean who can not love New Musilk's Living by Numbers.
Everytime you post one of these i fancy i hit my local Asda/Tesco/wherever you got it from and there's always bugger all except 54 fake Rn'B classics.
Old 4th March 2016, 06:34 PM
Cult Master

My mate is getting a lot if post sent to my house Blu Rays and vinyl because he and his wife are working and he can't get a chance to go to the sorting office so to thank me he bought me this I'm blown away by his kindness.

image.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!