Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th March 2017, 08:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I've posted a small review of the new Depeche Mode album in the What are You Listening to? thread.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 25th March 2017, 03:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

After discovering that I had absolutely NO Blondie on cd ... I ordered Plastic Letters. Am knocking together a show based arond early 70s punk etc etc

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th March 2017, 03:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
After discovering that I had absolutely NO Blondie on cd ...
All on vinyl eh? Lucky you!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 25th March 2017, 09:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
All on vinyl eh? Lucky you!
All apart from The Hunter
Which is ferking awful
And the first two it seems

Whilst looking through my singles recently, I found that I have 16 of theirs.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th March 2017, 07:04 PM
Cult Master

I tend not to buy CD's now because I don't have the time to listen to them, but Chloe has recently bought a new car that has a CD player, and she wanted to test it out, so I went round the charity shops and I found a copy of 'The Best Of The Mama's and Papa's' for £1:99

California Dreamin' / Monday Monday / I Saw Her Again Last Night / Words Of Love / Dedicated To The One I Love / Creque Alley / Dream A Little Dream Of Me (Mama Cass) / It's Getting Better (Mama Cass) / Make Your Own Kind Of Music (Mama Cass) / Look Through My Window / Twelve Thirty (Young Girls Are Coming To The Canyon) / Glad To Be Unhappy / Straight Shooter / For The Love Of Ivy / Do You Wanna Dance / Go Where You Wanna Go / Somebody Groovy / Shooting Star / People Like Us / I Can Dream Can't I (Mama Cass)

Then, blow me down, but the very next charity shop had a 4 disc set of '101 60's hits' also for £1:99

Disc 1
Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay / David Bowie - Space Oddity / The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations / The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun / The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother / Cliff Richard And The Shadows - The Young Ones / The Shadows - Apache / Gerry & The Pacemakers - Ferry Cross The Mersey / Matt Monro - On Days Like These / Peter Sarstedt - Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) / Gene Pitney - Twenty Four Hours From Tulsa / The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow / Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer / The Chiffons - He's So Fine / Manfred Mann - Pretty Flamingo / Donovan - Mellow Yellow / Classics IV - Spooky / Joe South - Games People Play / Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billy Joe / Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman / Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly / The Band - The Weight / Fats Domino - Walking To New Orleans

Disc 2
Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy / Gerry & The Pacemakers - How Do You Do It? / Herman's Hermits - I'm Into Something Good / Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining / The Beach Boys - I Get Around / Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby / Del Shannon - Runaway / Dion - Runaround Sue / The Chiffons - Sweet Talkin' Guy / Lulu - The Boat I Row / The Swinging Blue Jeans - The Hippy Hippy Shake / Tommy James And The Shondells - Mony Mony / Cliff Richard And The Shadows - In The Country / Helen Shappiro - Walkin' Back To Happiness / Chris Montez - Let's Dance / B. Bumble & The Stingers - Nut Rocker / Little Eva - The Locomotion / The Shadows - Wonderful Land / The John Barry Seven & Orchestra - The James Bond Theme / Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas - Do You Want To Know A Secret? / The Nashville Teens - Tobacco Road / The Animals - We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place / Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) / Paul Jones - I've Been A Bad Bad Boy / Sandie Shaw - Long Live Love / The Toys - A Lover's Concerto / Bobbie Gentry - I'll Never Fall In Love Again / Bobby Goldsboro - Honey

Disc 3
The Archies - Sugar Sugar / Sandie Shaw - Puppet On A String / The Scaffold - Lily The Pink / The Shadows - Foottapper / Ricky Nelson - Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye Heart) / The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice / The Turtles - Happy Together / The Hollies - Carrie Anne / Don Partridge - Rosie / The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - I'm The Urban Spaceman / Rolf Harris - Sun Arise / The Dubliners - Seven Drunken Nights / Bernard Cribbins - Right Said Fred / Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes / Keith West - Excerpt From A Teenage Opera / Oliver - Good Morning Starshine / The Johnny Mann Singers - Up Up And Away / Frank Ifield - I Remember You / Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes / Johnny Burnette - You're Sixteen, You're Beautiful (And You're Mine) / The Chiffons - One Fine Day / The Crickets - Don't Ever Change / Peter And Gordon - A World Without Love / Glen Campbell - Galveston / The Seekers - Morningtown Ride / Danny Williams - Moon River / Cilla Black - Alfie / Gerry & The Pacemakers - You'll Never Walk Alone

Disc 4
The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind / Cliff Bennett & The Rebel Rousers - Got To Get You Into My Life / Manfred Mann - 5-4-3-2-1 / The Hollies - Just One Look / The Isley Brothers - Twist And Shout / Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels - Jenny Takes A Ride / Johnny Kidd & The Pirates - Shakin' All Over / Sandy Nelson - Let There Be Drums / The John Barry Seven Plus Four - Hit And Miss / Eddie Cochran - Three Steps To Heaven / Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes / Dion - The Wanderer / Inez Foxx And Charlie Foxx - Mockingbird / Locomotive - Rudi's In Love / Donovan - Sunshine Superman / Simon Dupree & The Big Sound - Kites / David McWilliams - The Days Of Pearly Spencer / Jethro Tull - Living In The Past / Love Sculpture - Sabre Dance / The Animals - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood / Canned Heat - On The Road Again / John Lennon & The Plastic Ono Band - Give Peace A Chance

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st March 2017, 05:42 PM
Cult Veteran

I forgot this was out so went into to HMV on the way home as soon as I remembered. After fighting to get the cellophane off I'm going to give it a spin now haha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File_000 (1).jpg (83.9 KB, 5 views)

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st March 2017, 06:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

The full Wacken 2016 show.

The CD/ DVD also contains Behind The Scenes footage from Wacken, as well as excerpts from the “Tokyo Sacrifice” live DVD, all “War Eternal” music videos and a new, previously unreleased video clip for “Time Is Black” .

This is also available as a Blu ray box set but the DVD with the CD looks great anyway.
Old 31st March 2017, 06:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'd love to go to Wacken one year, purely to watch some bands with a load drunk European metalheads
Dave Boy likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd April 2017, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
After discovering that I had absolutely NO Blondie on cd ... I ordered Plastic Letters. Am knocking together a show based arond early 70s punk etc etc
Well it came. Meagre booklet (for a reissue imo) but that affecteth the tunes not one jot. Always preferred their early stuff... warped bubblegum that it is imo. Contact In Red Square still more exciting than Bond or Bourne

[B]
Old 3rd April 2017, 02:24 PM
Cult Master

All Vinyl

a3842105905_10.jpg Twilight-self-titled.jpg 300x300.jpg ZZ196639.jpg

Nasheim and Angantyr is a split limited to 666 copies.

The first one is Dragged Into Sunlight Widow Maker

The Second one is Twilight with Wrest of Leviathan and Malefic of Xasthur.

Like this? Share it using the links below!