Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree4343Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2011, 10:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Priest have only made one superb album (Painkiller) Vengeance, Faith and British Steel are very good but not the classics they are made out to be. United is a frankly embarrassing track.

Not one of Priest's albums since Painkiller have been any good either.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

My last post actually makes me seem as if i don't rate Judas Priest. That is not the case at all. They are an excellent band who have many superb songs.

I just think they should have had more glory than they actually have had.

I stand by my "no decent album's since Painkiller though".
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:40 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Priest have only made one superb album (Painkiller) Vengeance, Faith and British Steel are very good but not the classics they are made out to be. United is a frankly embarrassing track.

Not one of Priest's albums since Painkiller have been any good either.

Painkiller is most definetly one of their best! It's incredible! There's so many Priest albums that are just utterly amazing and even the lesser praised albums such as Rocka Rolla and Turbo, Point Of Entry are brilliant. Defenders of the Faith, Screaming For Vengeance, Killing Machine, British Steel and Painkiller are my favourites. In my eyes, Priest can do no wrong (I even like Lochness! )

Sure their years without Rob weren't that great and I do find myself skipping some of the Demolition songs when I'm playing music on Shuffle, but come on! These guys helped make heavy metal. As someone said somewhere before ( ) Black Sabbath made music heavy, Priest made it heavy metal. Honestly, I would put quite a lot of Priest's work above Iron Maiden's but then again, I'm pretty biased

Old 7th December 2011, 10:42 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
My last post actually makes me seem as if i don't rate Judas Priest. That is not the case at all. They are an excellent band who have many superb songs.

I just think they should have had more glory than they actually have had.

I stand by my "no decent album's since Painkiller though".

Totally agree Demdike!

It annoys me soo much when I mention to people my love for Priest and they're like 'Who?' Yet if you name Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Motorhead - well everyone knows them!

I'd agree with you on the Painkiller thing too, although I don't dislike The Ripper years, AOR is a nice comeback and I do really like Nostrodamus, but I have to be in the right mood.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Painkiller is most definetly one of their best! It's incredible! There's so many Priest albums that are just utterly amazing and even the lesser praised albums such as Rocka Rolla and Turbo, Point Of Entry are brilliant. Defenders of the Faith, Screaming For Vengeance, Killing Machine, British Steel and Painkiller are my favourites. In my eyes, Priest can do no wrong (I even like Lochness! )

Sure their years without Rob weren't that great and I do find myself skipping some of the Demolition songs when I'm playing music on Shuffle, but come on! These guys helped make heavy metal. As someone said somewhere before ( ) Black Sabbath made music heavy, Priest made it heavy metal. Honestly, I would put quite a lot of Priest's work above Iron Maiden's but then again, I'm pretty biased

I think i replied to this before you posted it .

See post 52 above.

edit - ahh, you have done.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I suppose the Ripper years for Priest are like the Bayley years for Maiden.

Two ok albums with one or two killer tracks between them, the rest being average filler that wouldn't have made it on to an album during the eighties.

Priest -

Jugulator
Bullet Train
Machine Man

Maiden -

Sign of the Cross
The Clansman
Futurereal.

Thankfully Maiden came back strongly and seem to be bigger than ever. With Priest its yet again "what might have been".
Old 7th December 2011, 10:59 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
I suppose the Ripper years for Priest are like the Bayley years for Maiden.

Two ok albums with one or two killer tracks between them, the rest being average filler that wouldn't have made it on to an album during the eighties.

Priest -

Jugulator
Bullet Train
Machine Man

Maiden -

Sign of the Cross
The Clansman
Futurereal.

Thankfully Maiden came back strongly and seem to be bigger than ever. With Priest its yet again "what might have been".
Totally agree again! Hit the nail on the head! Although I'd probably add Jekyll and Hyde to that list, though I know I'm in the minority there.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Totally agree again! Hit the nail on the head! Although I'd probably add Jekyll and Hyde to that list, though I know I'm in the minority there.
There will always be tracks or films that an individual loves but the majority think are poor...

...in these cases the majority are the ones talking out of their arses.
Old 8th December 2011, 08:37 AM
Cult Master

I have just got the two-disc, delux, remastered edition of 'Quadrophenia'

What is interesting is the fact that the booklet in the packaging makes mention of Townshend working on a sequel to the film, with the continuing story of Jimmy the Mod

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th December 2011, 09:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I just picked up 4 of the new Throbbing Gristle remasters... Second Annual Report, D.O.A, Heathen Earth, 20 Jazz Funk Greats...

Word on the remasters is good...

I'm seriously thinking of buying the vinyl editions as well, even though I don't have a record player anymore....but, y'know.... its Throbbing Gristle, like...

Like this? Share it using the links below!