Old 6th April 2018, 09:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Old 6th April 2018, 09:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Arrived today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5430 (Large).jpg (93.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 7th April 2018, 05:22 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
In case you are wondering...

The song 'Return Of The Spiders' from the album carries the dedication 'For Gene Vincent'

On September 13th, 1969, the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival concert was a one-day, twelve-hour music festival held in Ontario, Canada. The bill included (amongst others) Bo Diddley, Chicago, Junior Walker and the All Stars, Alice Cooper (including the notorious 'chicken' incident), Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent, Little Richard, The Doors and The Plastic Ono Band

As well as their own featured set, the Alice Cooper Group (without Alice) provided the music for Gene Vincent's performance at this show.
Demoncrat and tele1962 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th April 2018, 03:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default hmv

Another two for a tenner at HMV again,The Jam's The Gift,and The Ramones first album,again the Ramones is double dip (probably 3rd actually),but again it also comes in that fold out cardboard sleeve..(and yes I have the expaned versions).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180407_122343.jpg (99.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20180407_122358.jpg (91.7 KB, 5 views)

Old 7th April 2018, 03:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

HMV two for £15.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5433 (Large).jpg (93.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5432 (Large).jpg (94.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 7th April 2018, 03:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

And an album i sadly 'lost' years ago. B_e gave me the heads up about it on Music Magpie so i snapped it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5431 (Large).jpg (76.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 7th April 2018, 03:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
In case you are wondering...

The song 'Return Of The Spiders' from the album carries the dedication 'For Gene Vincent'

On September 13th, 1969, the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival concert was a one-day, twelve-hour music festival held in Ontario, Canada. The bill included (amongst others) Bo Diddley, Chicago, Junior Walker and the All Stars, Alice Cooper (including the notorious 'chicken' incident), Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent, Little Richard, The Doors and The Plastic Ono Band

As well as their own featured set, the Alice Cooper Group (without Alice) provided the music for Gene Vincent's performance at this show.

I seem to have received a misprint version that has the Killer album in gold vinyl incorrectly labeled as Easy Action. Turns out this is now sought after by collectors and as I have Easy Action included in the School Days release I think I will hang on to it.
Susan Foreman likes this.

Last edited by tele1962; 7th April 2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 7th April 2018, 07:14 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Ordered:

bleakshaun likes this.
Old 8th April 2018, 04:13 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
I seem to have received a misprint version that has the Killer album in gold vinyl incorrectly labeled as Easy Action. Turns out this is now sought after by collectors and as I have Easy Action included in the School Days release I think I will hang on to it.
Presumably it's on the Rhino label?

It's a relatively recent one - release date was announced for January 23rd, 2018, although this was put back when the printing mistake was discovered!

Rhino re-released three albums on coloured vinyl - 'Easy Action' was on gold, 'Killer' on "translucent red vinyl with swirls" and 'Welcome To My Nightmare' on purple. However, it was discovered that there was a worldwide pressing error on both the 'Killer' and 'Easy Action' discs, where the releases had the correct labels and the records were the correct colour...but the wrong music!

It was then recalled, but some copies were missed. I don't know how many got out

I have heard of a copy of 'Easy Action' containing 'Killer' on a record auction site (not e-bay) going for just under £130
tele1962 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th April 2018, 01:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default hmv

Although both bought in HMV they were not part of any deal,what there criteria is i have know idea as the cds all seem the same to me.Again another deeply double dip for The Ramones Rocket to Russia,but these 40th Anniversary editions in there mini cardboard sleeves are a work of art,and id rather have these than those expaned editions,i mean the reason some tracks are left off a release is usually because there inferior so to include them is no bonus,to your ears or your wallet.The Ska madness comp was another cheap cd,but has all the original songs that alot of the ska revival bands in the 80's covered, Rudy, A Message To You,Let's Do Rocksteady,Monkey Man and Can't Get Used To Losing You etc etc....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180408_135025.jpg (103.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20180408_135222.jpg (92.6 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!