Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th November 2011, 09:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

If i remember rightly if you were back home at 3 ish you could then try and see yourself being a knob on The Hitman and Her.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Top tune is Scotland was this......ah the old Metro!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
If i remember rightly if you were back home at 3 ish you could then try and see yourself being a knob on The Hitman and Her.
The only knob on it was Pete Waterman mate-his dancing was ludicrous!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default night cubbing

the cult labmembers should have a night out
Old 16th November 2011, 09:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Not my scene, but I do have fond memories of THE MAJESTIC in Reading in 88, on the way there one night one of my mates had taken too much sulfate and wouldn't stop shouting at passers-by so we decided to chuck him in a ditch so we grabbed him arms and legs and flung him... but it was deeper over the railings than it looked, he fell about 10 feet, feeling guilty me and another got him out, and when we got to the door they wouldn't let him in cause he had scruffy shoes, once when queing up, we realized nobody had any dosh left after the pub, so home we went
Old 16th November 2011, 10:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Those were the days eh?

Take it you're a DJ mate?
I try to be..

Been doing it for over 20 years now to various degrees. Only ever played in Scotland once though in Edinburgh about 10 years ago.

I class anything before and during as 'essential research'...
Old 16th November 2011, 11:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I think I'm old before my time, I try to avoid the places as much as possible now. I do occasionally go to Unit in Southampton, but that's usually because I've been to a gig there and the clubnight afterwards is free.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I tried my hardest to avoid the rave/clubbing scene in the late 80's/early 90's, but inadvertatently found myself dragged in from time-to-time, as the ravers had all the good acid. So I'd have to pay to get into a nightclub just so I could hook up with the dealer to get my score. The whole scene was ****ing nuts, people all dancing in a fashion that made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

So no, wasn't ever really into the scene, but it did revitalise the interest in psychedelics for a short period, which was good for me, not so good for anyone who had a bad trip.

I'm a reformed character now, though. Just in case you were wondering. And I ****ing hated that rave anthem 'We Call It Aciiiieeed' with a vengeance. What a boredom inducing song if ever there was one.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 17th November 2011, 08:08 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The Hitman and Her came to Burnley Cats Whiskers a couple of times. Great fun even though i wasn't into dance music.

In the mid eighties we used to go to the Carlton pub in Burnley every Friday and Saturday night religiously, it was a cool rock pub back then, now sadly closed. At the end of each Saturday night we would wander down to the Cat's Whiskers, then Later Angels nightclub and just drink / dance the night away. Those were the days when no one cared what you dressed like, a rock band t-shirt was just as acceptable in the clubs as shirt and trousers.

Happy days.

Sigh!

Hadn't it changed into The Ritzy by the time Hitman and Her visited? It was definitely The Ritzy when they last visited in about '89.

I used to go to the Carlton a bit too, I was one of the founders of The Mud Club over at the Kestrel Suite if you remember that?

Worked at Xpo for a while too, which was never anywhere near as busy as Angels was in it's hey day.
Old 19th November 2011, 06:42 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I tried my hardest to avoid the rave/clubbing scene in the late 80's/early 90's, but inadvertatently found myself dragged in from time-to-time, as the ravers had all the good acid. So I'd have to pay to get into a nightclub just so I could hook up with the dealer to get my score. The whole scene was ****ing nuts, people all dancing in a fashion that made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

So no, wasn't ever really into the scene, but it did revitalise the interest in psychedelics for a short period, which was good for me, not so good for anyone who had a bad trip.

I'm a reformed character now, though. Just in case you were wondering. And I ****ing hated that rave anthem 'We Call It Aciiiieeed' with a vengeance. What a boredom inducing song if ever there was one.
Just for you Dae.....

And if you think the first one was annoying...check out Jolly Roger!

the blob likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!