Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2012, 01:35 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I ****ing hate nightclubs. I went to one once, they played crap music too loud and it was full of twats. Never been back since.

But don't get me wrong, even in my mid 40's I can still party harder than most. I just can't stand the clubbing scene.
cloud, Pete, Slippery Jack and 1 others like this.
Old 15th August 2012, 01:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

I wasn't really into clubbing, but during the mid-80s I was heavily into electro/hip hop.I couldn't breakdance, but loved collecting imported vinyl records (from Groove Records in London's Soho) and making mix tapes which I would distribute amongst school friends for a small fee.

This track was a favourite of mine, Al-Naafiysh (The Soul) by Hashim.
Old 15th August 2012, 03:24 AM
Cult Acolyte

Some electro classics:

Old 15th August 2012, 09:37 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Was a big acid house fan way back and of course acid is still around these days...
Remember going to underground acid parties at first and there were 2 or 3 people there but we had so much fun...later the music got played together with Belgian New Beat (which I mostly didn't like with a few exceptions) in all the clubs over here...

Even recorded a few simple acid tracks (live no editing) way back just for fun...

transistorrythm | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
Old 15th August 2012, 09:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Remember this then?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th August 2012, 10:27 AM
Active Cultist

I frequent the Slimelight nightclub in Angel Islington. It's one of the country's longest running alternative clubs (started in the mid/late 80s I think) spread across three floors playing post-punk/trad goth on the ground floor (my haunt), EBM on the middle floor, and experimental noise on the top

The Sisters Of Mercy - This Corrosion (video) - YouTube

Bauhaus - Dark Entries (music video) - YouTube

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Arabian Knights - YouTube

VIRGIN PRUNES / Baby Turns Blue - YouTube
Old 15th August 2012, 11:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

My clubbing days were 10 years after all of you! I was going to Cream and Gatecrasher during the 1999 - 2000 Trance heyday, was lots of fun and made loads of friends - I wish I was old enough to be part of the rave scene, I was in school at the time and lot of my friends were listening to rave music and taping it off the radio, but at the time I was 100% into metal!

I had a bit of a 90's flirtation with the Goth clubs but it was well past it's prime then so it lost it's charm when clubs only had around 50 people in them, then they started being relegated to Tuesday nights etc!
Old 1st November 2012, 07:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just found this video of a very good friend of mine and workmate in the studio from back in 1993 at an old school rave, he's the one who looks like Michael Hutchence jumping around and shouting, he also created the track playing

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st November 2012, 07:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I ****ing hate nightclubs. I went to one once, they played crap music too loud and it was full of twats. Never been back since.

But don't get me wrong, even in my mid 40's I can still party harder than most. I just can't stand the clubbing scene.
Yeah,but they were open later.More boozing time!
oaxaca likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th November 2012, 12:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

My Welsh cousin still drags me to 1991-1993 old school raves every other month (he's 30 & I'm 26)... I'm happier going to 80s retro clubs like Reflex and soul/funk DJ nights though to be honest Can't be doing with clubs that play music any later than about 1995, and that's pushing it lol (although saying that I was into the late 90's trance scene when it was in its heyday - used to have casettes on the Positiva label (e.g. DJ Sakin, Rank 1, Fragma, Aurora, etc) coming out of my ears!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!