Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree649Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th December 2012, 08:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Loving all the Bowie stuff tonite, I've been listening to Bowie for 20 years and am still a fanatic...

Here's a top 5...

Ashes to Ashes (Scary Monsters)
Bewley Brothers (Hunky Dory)
Sweet Thing (Diamond Dogs)
Stay (Station to Station)
Subterraneans (Low)
VicDakin likes this.
Old 24th December 2012, 08:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default David Bowie -&The story of Ziggy Stardust.(BBC4 Documentary - Full 60 minutes

David Bowie -&The story of Ziggy Stardust.(BBC4 Documentary - Full 60 minutes

im sure this has been on before but i caught it on bbc4 last nite just brilliant

Wes likes this.
Old 24th December 2012, 08:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Brilliant stuff Vic... I must say I much prefer Aladdin Sane as Bowie records go. I really need to get the Ziggy Stardust Motion Picture concert on DVD, I catch it everytime it's on Arts and it is of couse essential Bowie. I often wonder did Throbbing Gristle (my other long-standing obsession in life) steal the flash of electricity symbol seen from those Ziggy gigs...
VicDakin likes this.
Old 24th December 2012, 08:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Brilliant stuff Vic... I must say I much prefer Aladdin Sane as Bowie records go. I really need to get the Ziggy Stardust Motion Picture concert on DVD, I catch it everytime it's on Arts and it is of couse essential Bowie. I often wonder did Throbbing Gristle (my other long-standing obsession in life) steal the flash of electricity symbol seen from those Ziggy gigs...
its a tough call,id be hard pressed to choose a fav from that period although Hunky Dory is up there for me,or was it Aladdin Sane or maybe Diamond Dogs..........I can't do it,ill just have to make sure im never on that desert island people keep bangin on about.

Wes likes this.
Old 24th December 2012, 08:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah Diamond Dogs was a game changer, I listened to the album just last week and there really is nothing like it, Bowie was truly a maverick. We Are The Dead and Big Brother are two of David's greatest, if overlooked songs... Vic have you seen Cracked Actor ? Extraordinary film. It has a certain reputation for showing Bowie in a fairly insalubrious coked out state of mind but more than that it shows what a genius he was during that era... Station to Station my favourite Bowie record...amazing !
VicDakin likes this.
Old 24th December 2012, 08:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy ive Cracked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yeah Diamond Dogs was a game changer, I listened to the album just last week and there really is nothing like it, Bowie was truly a maverick. We Are The Dead and Big Brother are two of David's greatest, if overlooked songs... Vic have you seen Cracked Actor ? Extraordinary film. It has a certain reputation for showing Bowie in a fairly insalubrious coked out state of mind but more than that it shows what a genius he was during that era... Station to Station my favourite Bowie record...amazing !
no not seen Cracked Actor,but ill check it on you tube,cheers
Old 25th December 2012, 05:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Roxy Music - Ladytron

Old 9th September 2013, 05:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Poco - Rose Of Cimarron

Old 10th September 2013, 07:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good

Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good

Of course It was Joe,you were pissed for most of it.

Old 11th September 2013, 01:08 AM
Active Cultist

Alice Cooper,Bowie,Floyd,The Damned,Pistols,Siouxsie & the Banshees,Penetration,Joy Division,The Cure

The band i also hate the most is from the 70's The Clash,The U2 of punk
Rik and Susan Foreman like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!