Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   What's Your Fav Music from the '90s? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/9432-whats-your-fav-music-90s.html)

Rik 6th September 2012 10:21 PM

What's Your Fav Music from the '90s?

Seeing as MTDS, VicDakin and Demdike have their threads for the 60's 70's and 80's, I thought I'd start one for the 90's. And what better song to start us off than the Ed Gein inspired Dead Skin Mask from Slayer, sorry SLAAAAYYYYYEEEERRRRR!!!!!!!! :rockon::rockon:
slayer-dead skin mask - YouTube

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2012 10:31 PM

Guns N' Roses - Pretty Tied Up

Guns N' Roses - Pretty Tied Up - YouTube

Pete 6th September 2012 10:33 PM

Adamski & Seal - Killer (Original Video Clip) - YouTube

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2012 10:35 PM

Iron Maiden - Man On The Edge

Iron Maiden - Man On The Edge - YouTube

Pete 6th September 2012 10:39 PM

Shakespears Sister - Goodbye Cruel World - YouTube

Shakespears Sister are really underrated.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2012 10:40 PM

Weezer - Buddy Holly

Weezer - Buddy Holly - YouTube

Susan Foreman 7th September 2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 271404)
Iron Maiden - Man On The Edge

Iron Maiden - Man On The Edge - YouTube

If you have the 'Visions of the Beast' DVD, there is an Easter egg, which shows a completely different video for this song:

Disc 1: Play track 6 ("The Trooper") three consecutive times, to form 666, (which, I'm sure all know is the number quoted in The Bible [and 'The Omen] as being one of the signs of Satan>>> You will be treated to the unpublished video version of the song "Man on the Edge". (The more familiar video is on disk 2)

There is a second Easter egg on this DVD as well:

Disc 2: Play track 6 ("Hallowed Be Thy Name") twice, then track 4 ("Wasting Love"), in consecutive order, to form 664.>>>You will be treated to a humorous animated version of "The Trooper".

Rik 7th September 2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 271438)
If you have the 'Visions of the Beast' DVD, there is an Easter egg, which shows a completely different video for this song:

Disc 2: Play track 6 ("Hallowed Be Thy Name") twice, then track 4 ("Wasting Love"), in consecutive order, to form 664.>>>You will be treated to a humorous animated version of "The Trooper".

664, otherwise known as the Neighbour of the Beast.
Continuing the Maiden theme here's one of my favourites. This version is from 2001, but the song is from 1995's underrated X Factor album
Iron Maiden - Sign of the Cross - Rock in Rio - YouTube

Rik 7th September 2012 09:41 AM

Back in 1993/4, all you saw was teenagers wearing Chaos A.D t-shirts, me included. This piece of TV gold is from The Word, one of the greatest shows on Channel 4, even though Terry Christian was an annoying tw*t!
Sepultura - Refuse Resist - YouTube

Don't worry, I won't be filling this thread with Thrash/Metal etc. there's plenty of cracking tunes that I love from this decade

wonderlust 7th September 2012 09:48 AM