Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The New Century Show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2011, 11:05 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The New Century Show, Good or bad?

Has anyone here seen any episodes of the newest version of TZ? Never seen it myself, and wondered, if anyone had seen any episodes, what they thought of it.
Old 26th February 2011, 09:14 AM
Cultist

As I said in a previous thread, the only episode I've seen of the 2000 version was the remake of "Eye of the Beholder", which I felt was a really bad effort. The make-up was terrible and the acting was really awful.

On top of that, the theme tune for the show seems so out of place. It's a nu-metal track with the into narration under it's many layers. Just awful.

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 26th February 2011, 02:51 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Doesn't sound too hot. I guess it was never going to really measure up to the original, or even the 80's show.
Old 26th February 2011, 11:15 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

You know I might actually give this a rewatch soon. I'll post along as I go, I only watched a handful ages ago.

There was one interesting episode though, the sequel to the classic original series episode 'It's a Good Life' with Bill Mumy (sp?) who played the kid in the original playing the same character, and also his real life daughter playing his daughter.
Old 27th February 2011, 01:38 AM
Cultist

I did see a clip of that on the TZ dvds. It's a really interesting concept - a sequel to an episode. It may just be my lack of memory, but there wasn't any sequels in TZ was there?

And also, if memory (to) serves (mankind), he wrote and directed the sequel episode too?

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 27th February 2011, 09:25 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

I think possibly just wrote, but yes I think it's the only instance of a Zone sequel that I'm aware of. A few remakes but no sequels.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:34 AM
Cult Rookie

Received my noughties TZ box set from Canada yesterday and began watching it last night.

I am guessing that the episodes in this box set must be mixed up, because the first episode that played on disc one was “The Lineman”, which according to IMDB is actually episode number 11.

“The Lineman” parts one and two I thought were good episodes (they are provided as one 40 minute episode in the box set), and I am looking forward to watching the “It's a Good Life” sequel, the episode starring rapper Method Man, and seeing what the remakes of “Eye of the Beholder” and “The Monster are Due on Maple Street” are like.

This one and only noughties season and the third season of the 80s TZ are the only TZ seasons that I have yet to see.
Old 31st July 2011, 10:48 AM
Cult Rookie

I imported the DVDs of these and, you know, they're not too bad. The theme music is a bit bizarre (it was created by Jon Davies of KoRn) but the episodes do a decent job of bringing the surreal feel of The Twilight Zone to the modern era. Still nowhere near as good as the originals or even the 80s series, of course.

Like this? Share it using the links below!