Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The New Century Show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th April 2011, 12:40 PM
Cultist

Default Rod Serling After Twilight

Tom discussed this with Marc Zicree on the Twilight Zone Podcast (found at Dimension X Radio).

Zicree is apperantly working with Carol Serling on a new Twilight Zone show using unused Serling scripts. But here's the best bit, with Serling narrations to open and close each show.

What are everyones thoughts?

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 1st May 2011, 03:07 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Part of me is slightly hesitant. It seems good anthology television is a lost art these days. Or even if it shows promise doesn't live to see that potential realised. But....

This is just too good a possibility not to have given a shot. To hear Serling's voice over again on new television that's based on his own treatments, I think I'd be over the moon.

I watched the first story on The Twilight Zone Lost classics recently (haven't got round to the second one yet). That too was based on un-used Serling treatments, scripted by Richard Matheson. It was unfortunately rather poor, but just because something didn't work once, doesn't mean it can't work again. So yes, count me in, it's too good a possibility not to see where it goes.
Old 5th May 2011, 12:23 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs View Post
It seems good anthology television is a lost art these days.
The Collector's Room says otherwise

But I do agree with you. The Lost Episodes didn't work and the new century show didn't have that same feel to it. That's not to say that the show is of an era because it isn't, but it needs someone working on it who really cares and not someone who is looking to make a quick buck.

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 5th May 2011, 05:54 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector's Room View Post
The Collector's Room says otherwise
Absolutely mate

Like this? Share it using the links below!