Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The New Century Show

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2011, 12:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
yeah in a way, to say what he wants to say he's found himself part of the the system, a prepackaged sneer dont get me wrong think brookers great most of time, apart from that quiz show, but he must some time feel like the character in black mirror, he has a cozy life i presume but part of him must feel compromised.as a hater of x factor etc that episode struck a chord, i would have been one the poor bastards cleaning up lol
Yeah, I think there are obviously some parallels between Brooker and the central character, that grim realisation that even though he has complete disdain for the media and society he actually has be a part of it all to say what he wants to say.

I thought it was excellent...and thoroughly depressing.
plasterface likes this.
Old 14th December 2011, 01:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

the most interesting thing about it was the fact that konnie disguised herself in the credits, but twas certainly a step up from the 1st.
3rd looks good from trailer, we'll see...

his 2011Wipe features my least favourite "comedian" Limmy i see btw.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 14th December 2011, 05:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default series 2

since the show is'nt just brooker writing, and if it gets a second series what other writers would you like to see write episodes? Chris Morris and Armando Anucci would be top of my list.
Old 15th December 2011, 07:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
his 2011Wipe features my least favourite "comedian" Limmy i see btw.
Off-topic I know, but I love Limmy. Definitely the funniest and most inventive/creative comedian to come out of anywhere in a long, long time. I think he got the gig on Screenwipe via tweeting Brooker about working together.
Old 15th December 2011, 07:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
since the show is'nt just brooker writing, and if it gets a second series what other writers would you like to see write episodes? Chris Morris and Armando Anucci would be top of my list.
Morris and Brooker have worked in the past (Nathan Barley), and Morris and Ianuucci are currently in the U.S filming Iannucci's new comedy "Veep", starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Morris is directing an episode, maybe more. I'd like Brooker to work with Morris again, and I'd be interested to see what he and Iannucci could come up with.

Here's Chris on-set with Julia :

plasterface likes this.
Old 15th December 2011, 08:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default veep?

elaborate further on this show please squire
Old 15th December 2011, 08:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Nicked from Deadline :

"HBO has picked up Veep, a D.C.-set comedy pilot about a female Vice President of the U.S. from British comedian, writer and director Armando Iannucci. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is in talks for the lead in the project, set 'very near the White House' and centered on former Senator Selina Meyer who finds being Vice President is nothing like she expected and everything everyone ever warned her about."

That says 'pilot', but it's been picked up for a season, Morris directs the finale so I hear.

Sounds like it could be quite like "The Thick Of It", right? But according to Ian Martin (TTOI swearword consultant), it's definitely not an American TTOI. It airs in April next year.

Edited to add : a couple of pages of news and general musings over at my mates comedy website. There's discussion of "Black Mirror" over there too - http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forum...?topic=25941.0
plasterface likes this.
Old 15th December 2011, 10:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default veep

cheers man
Old 15th December 2011, 11:37 PM
Cult Addict

Anything new from morris is to be welcomed, four lions brass eye, day today..... well his entire output should be considered national treasures in ,y book, one of the rare occasions I agree with the label genius being attached to someone.
Gojirosan likes this.
Old 16th December 2011, 05:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default morris

i'd agree i have most of his output including his short film my wrongs but i must be in the minority that lions was ok at best.

Like this? Share it using the links below!