Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The New Century Show

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st December 2011, 11:05 PM
Cult Addict

war of the wasps needs to be made into a film, immediately!
plasterface likes this.
Old 22nd December 2011, 08:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Part 3 was the most depressing of the lot, for me. I can see something like that happening quite easily. We're not far off it right now, with Facebook timelines, for example.

I had a conversation recently about my wife being on FB and seeing innocent pictures of me with other women, at gigs. Thankfully, she's not paranoid.

Black Mirror, on the whole was an intelligent and thoughtful anthology series that I hope continues.
plasterface likes this.
Old 22nd December 2011, 09:19 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
That there might be people on here who were teenagers when Konnie Huq was on Blue Peter makes me want to cry at how old I am.
Well I was 18 and now I think about it, I'm wondering why I was watching Blue Peter when I was 18 - oh yeh I know why:

stefanmetal and plasterface like this.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:06 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
Black Mirror and This Is England 88 are two shows that I really recently enjoyed. It's been ages since something that oozed that much quality has been on.
My two telly highlights of the year. This is England 88 was such a step up from the first series, it was just brilliantly done. The scene where Lol went to meet Combo in prison had me in bits! The actor who plays Woody, who I thought was in danger of turning into a northern caricture last time was bloody amazing.
trench likes this.
Old 22nd December 2011, 01:21 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrical View Post
My two telly highlights of the year. This is England 88 was such a step up from the first series, it was just brilliantly done. The scene where Lol went to meet Combo in prison had me in bits! The actor who plays Woody, who I thought was in danger of turning into a northern caricture last time was bloody amazing.
I didn't really get the bits where he talks to his boss. I understand the fact that he doesn't want to become the big boss etc, controlling people, but he constantly takes the piss out of him and eats away at what he does. Does the boss never realise this?
Old 22nd December 2011, 05:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
I didn't really get the bits where he talks to his boss. I understand the fact that he doesn't want to become the big boss etc, controlling people, but he constantly takes the piss out of him and eats away at what he does. Does the boss never realise this?
I thought those bits were a bit weird too. I took it as Woody just trying to banter with his boss like he would have done with his old gang but failing miserably. It kind of emphasized the sense of alientation he felt going into that monotonous corporate world and leaving his old life behind I suppose. I guess those scenes were also there to try and inject some humour...the rest of it was pretty grim.

Hope there is more Stephen Graham in This Is England 90!
trench likes this.
Old 22nd December 2011, 05:55 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrical View Post
I thought those bits were a bit weird too. I took it as Woody just trying to banter with his boss like he would have done with his old gang but failing miserably. It kind of emphasized the sense of alientation he felt going into that monotonous corporate world and leaving his old life behind I suppose. I guess those scenes were also there to try and inject some humour...the rest of it was pretty grim.

Hope there is more Stephen Graham in This Is England 90!
Good to know someone else felt the same. You're probably right actually.
Old 22nd December 2011, 07:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default woody

Quote:
i think its because woody's a top bloke, he went thru a lot of shit,but even tho his boss was a bit of an idiot, woody could see the good in him and appreciate what he was trying to despite it not been what woody wanted , same goes for his relationship with his girlfriend and parents woody . Woody genuinely seems to not want to upset people thats why the run in with his mates was so ****ing heartbreaking. He was one of my favourite characters in film taking shaun in under his wing, everyone shud have a mate like him. And was cheesed off at the time that the film did'nt revist his character so pleased about series. I felt he acted more oddly in first series where he seemed uncharacteristcly ignorant to lol's feelings and as some one pointed out seemed more of a caricture. My one question is where is the fat bloke with glasses? he survived a heart attack last series but as far as i am aware no mention was made of him this time. cant remember name of actor but he's been in loads of tv comedies, and was excellent in the vastly under rated british horror mum and dad
Old 22nd December 2011, 09:00 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
i think its because woody's a top bloke, he went thru a lot of shit,but even tho his boss was a bit of an idiot, woody could see the good in him and appreciate what he was trying to despite it not been what woody wanted , same goes for his relationship with his girlfriend and parents woody . Woody genuinely seems to not want to upset people thats why the run in with his mates was so ****ing heartbreaking. He was one of my favourite characters in film taking shaun in under his wing, everyone shud have a mate like him. And was cheesed off at the time that the film did'nt revist his character so pleased about series. I felt he acted more oddly in first series where he seemed uncharacteristcly ignorant to lol's feelings and as some one pointed out seemed more of a caricture. My one question is where is the fat bloke with glasses? he survived a heart attack last series but as far as i am aware no mention was made of him this time. cant remember name of actor but he's been in loads of tv comedies, and was excellent in the vastly under rated british horror mum and dad
I searched that on google. He's called Megsie or something like that. But one of the writers supposedly said that he died while having a shit in 1987.
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default bog

i remember him having heart attack on bog but recovering in hospital

Like this? Share it using the links below!