Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The New Twilight Zone (1980s): Complete Collection (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=466)
-   -   Anthology TV Shows (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/new-twilight-zone-1980s-complete-collection/10737-anthology-tv-shows.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th April 2013 11:31 AM

Anthology TV Shows

9 Attachment(s)
Anthology TV Shows, they don't come as iconic as The Twilight Zone! So, to celebrate the upcoming box set of The New Twilight Zone (containing every series of the 1980s version), here's a thread to chat about your all time favourite anthology shows!

Vote for your favourites above and let us know why below....

PaulD 5th April 2013 11:36 AM

I love anthology tv shows! When you don't have time to watch a film they're absolutely perfect as they're usually 45 minutes to an hour long.

My favourites (as well as The Twilight Zone obviously!) include Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Tales from the Crypt, Masters of Horror, Hammer House of Horror and The Outer Limits. Also used to enjoy Are You Afraid of the Dark when I was younger too.

Freddy's Nightmares was cheesy but fun as well. There was also a Friday the 13th anthology show set around an antiques store which is currently on Sky's Horror Channel but I've never caught any of those.

I've never seen The Night Gallery or Tales from the Darkside though but have heard they're ok.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th April 2013 11:43 AM

Does the Friday The 13th TV show feature Jason, PaulD? Whenever I catch it on the Horror Channel, I just get really bored and end up turning it off :laugh:

PaulD 5th April 2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 333237)
Does the Friday The 13th TV show feature Jason, PaulD? Whenever I catch it on the Horror Channel, I just get really bored and end up turning it off :laugh:

Nah, it's got nothing to do with him, it just uses the brand and logo really. At least Freddy's Nightmares had Freddy Kreuger in it at the beginning and end (and even featured the story of his origin in the first episode)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th April 2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 333238)
Nah, it's got nothing to do with him, it just uses the brand and logo really. At least Freddy's Nightmares had Freddy Kreuger in it at the beginning and end (and even featured the story of his origin in the first episode)

Ah right! Thanks for the heads-up, Paul. It looked rather dull when I watched a little bit of it.

Goosebumps and Are You Afraid Of The Dark? needs to be back on TV!

PaulD 5th April 2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 333245)
Ah right! Thanks for the heads-up, Paul. It looked rather dull when I watched a little bit of it.

Goosebumps and Are You Afraid Of The Dark? needs to be back on TV!

Not sure about Goosebumps but AYAOTD is available on dvd!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th April 2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 333246)
Not sure about Goosebumps but AYAOTD is available on dvd!

It is?! Right, Amazon here I come! :car:

Rik 5th April 2013 12:23 PM

My personal favourite can be found at the bottom of my post, the one and only Kolchak, cheesier than a Dairylea and Cathedral City sandwich, and all the more better for it!

Edit: Just seen the poll at the top, no Kolchak :(

PaulD 5th April 2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 333250)
My personal favourite can be found at the bottom of my post, the one and only Kolchak, cheesier than a Dairylea and Cathedral City sandwich, and all the more better for it!

I didn't know that was an anthology show? I always assumed it was some sort of detective/thriller/mystery type thing. Will give it an investigation shortly.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th April 2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 333250)

Edit: Just seen the poll at the top, no Kolchak :(

Sorry Rik, the poll options were quickly from the top of my head. Can't believe I missed out Tales Of The Unexpected too