Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2010, 09:59 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I never liked the art for NY Ripper on any versions I own , all the same and not very exciting.
I love this film so I hope Shameless do it proud with some new exclusive artwork .
i know a familar cover help's sales as its easy recognisable so even as an alternative reverse side.
Though ARROW proved that new artwork can work as they used original art on genre classics.
Old 10th December 2010, 06:08 AM
Active Cultist

I'm thinking about ordering The New York Ripper today (for an okay price, I'd say). Well, it's the blu-ray from BU... so what do you guys think, should I pass it in favour for the upcoming Shameless release?

Any recommendations?
If Shameless' blu-ray release will include every available extra I'm definitely waiting for that one...
Old 10th December 2010, 07:42 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It depends how you feel about double dipping. If you don't want to end up with two BDs of the same film then just hang fire and see what happens when the film comes before the BBFC and, if it is uncut, see what goodies are on the disc and in the box before deciding which one to buy.
Old 10th December 2010, 10:39 AM
Active Cultist

Sounds good. Since my economy is so-so, I'll probably do!

Hmm.. the BU BD is uncut, but are the scenes in completely right order?
Picture quality and extras are, of course, great. And it's region-free.

Oh well...
As someone said previously in this thread, I too will aim to support the Shameless BD if it gets through BBFC uncut!
Old 15th December 2010, 07:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I doubt the BBFC take too kindly to comparisons either. If Shameless do decide to go down that route when submitting, they would need to find a recently passed instance of sexualised violence... not just nipple violence!

Seriously though, as Arrow have demonstrated with Inferno, the BBFC can be open to sensible appeals so if there is a similar instance of sexualised violence that has been passed then it could be useful to know about it if they do demand cuts - although I wouldn't contact the BBFC until a decision has been made.

My one ray of hope is that they have passed Last House on the Left uncut now (since Shameless last submitted NYR) which obviously features a lot of sexual violence but I'm not sure if the two compare.
No comparison at all, Sarah. One film shies away from the nudity during the violence and the other focuses on it. That's the difference.
Old 22nd December 2010, 08:04 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Cool

A spy in Shameless's super-secret Austrian Blu-ray case factory has decided to pass on an early Christmas present to you guys. See below an image of the first ever (as far as we know) yellow Blu-ray case in the world!

Please keep in mind that the artwork is not final or confirmed - it's just a sample image at this stage.

My spy is particularly interested in what you think of the blue writing and border. This, of course, is to designate Blu-ray but is still being decided upon. Do you like it or would you prefer to see classic Shameless red?

Enjoy!

PS. You can use this link to share this image with your friends: http://cult-labs.com/a/yellow-ray

Old 22nd December 2010, 08:08 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It looks good with the blue. I love it having the Shameless logo on the case instead of the usual blu-ray logo. Can't wait to see the final full cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Yeah I vote keep the blue to distinguish the two formats. Good to see the yellow bluray case too. Looking forward to this one, hope it has a sharp transfer

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:05 AM
Active Cultist

What an awesome case!
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Liking it just the way it is!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!