Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2011, 12:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Blimey, only £11.85 pre order at The Hut or Zavvi. What a bargain! Now Shameless are joining the Blu-ray revolution I'm going to be a poor man in 2011
That's it -- my first pre-order of 2011!
Old 4th January 2011, 02:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
This version of New York Ripper will not just be a re-hash of the old Shameless DVD. It's from a new HD print and there will also be a wealth of extras and special features not available with the original release. Can't say too much now but this is definitely not just SHAM001 being upgraded to BD.

And if it's not re-releases you're after then you should definitely keep your eye on Shameless in 2011...
I wouldn't mind if it was to be honest Sarah as I love Fulci and NYR is one of my fav's.
Cut or not it'll be in my PS3 on release.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few of Shameless's back catalogue get re released in BD format. Killer Nun and The Bronx Warriors spring to mind , plus Flavia would look awesome in Hi Def.
Old 4th January 2011, 06:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I collected all Blue Underground's titles on DVD.
Doesn't stop me buying their BD releases though,and I'll do the same with Shameless.

Watch it in HD downstairs and standard DVD when upstairs-sorted!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:33 AM
Active Cultist

Awesome stuff!
I sure am pleased by the look of this yellow-ray.

The "only" things that can make it even better is to completely remove the BBFC rating from the reversible (the french artwork on the inside of the blu-ray cover!). And remove it from the spine?

I definitely wouldn't complain if it had another title on the reversible, too. Lo Squartatore di New York or Psycho Ripper perhaps?

Last edited by Amertume; 5th January 2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 5th January 2011, 10:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I dont think they're allowed to remove the BBFC stamp unfortunately in case its displayed in store using the reverse cover. (i think)
Old 5th January 2011, 11:44 AM
Active Cultist

You're prolly right about that, vipco.

Another suggestion:
What is the chance of getting blu-ray cover art with the Shameless Screen Entertainment logo at the lower right removed? That would make a sweet opportunity for a larger tagline instead!

I mean, 'cus that beautiful yellow blu-case seem to have the Shameless logo in full display at the top?!

Old 5th January 2011, 03:29 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amertume View Post
Another suggestion:
What is the chance of getting blu-ray cover art with the Shameless Screen Entertainment logo at the lower right removed? That would make a sweet opportunity for a larger tagline instead!

I mean, 'cus that beautiful yellow blu-case seem to have the Shameless logo in full display at the top?!

I think Shameless would want to keep their yellow border similar to the DVD packaging to keep that sense of identity. Can't see them removing that logo for that reason.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk
Old 5th January 2011, 03:42 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I dont think they're allowed to remove the BBFC stamp unfortunately in case its displayed in store using the reverse cover. (i think)
I think that's correct. Interestingly, the cases inside the Bronx Warriors tin don't have BBFC certificates on the back. Only the tin does.
Old 5th January 2011, 03:58 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
I think that's correct. Interestingly, the cases inside the Bronx Warriors tin don't have BBFC certificates on the back. Only the tin does.
Not to hijack the thread too much but bbfc logo's don't even physically be part of the actual paper inserts or tin in the case of steelbooks. They can be stickers, ie the Star trek steelbook, Columbia steelbooks and HMV's exclusive Shogun boxset from a few years back. Just as long as there are logos present on the packaging when it's sold.

Now,

Sorry if I've missed it in the other thread, but do we have an estimated release date?
Old 5th January 2011, 06:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

So whats the 'extra' footage that Shameless are to include on the new release?
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!