Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

So will "New York Ripper" become for "Shameless" what "Halloween" and "The Evil Dead" were for "Anchor Bay" (Uk and incidently also US) as far as multiple releases of a popular title are cconcerned?
Well, the manic collector inside me doesn't really mind, but the reasonable, responsible part of me is already yelling "red alert!"
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:43 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinDrome View Post
Excellent news, hoping for a uncut release though!
Only if the assessor is slipped a little something before hand

If the boat is pushed out on the packaging/new extras a la the Arrow releases, I might bite. But sadly can't justify it for the cut version when I already own the Blue-Underground edition.
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:50 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
There are actually new releases too... SHAM030 - The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh - Cult Labs

As for Amazon's description, the extras are all TBC and some others are still being worked out so take it all with a big pinch of salt!
Yeah, unfortunately I only noticed this a while after I'd made my post. Good to see some new Shameless releases on the horizon that haven't been released before. Hopefully there will be some decent extras for NYP as otherwise I can't really justify buying it.
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Such cynicism! Shameless are releasing the BD (and all future BDs) under a different cat number system, as suggested by fans on Cult Labs, in order to stop collectors feeling they are being coerced into buying something they don't want just to keep their numbers in line.
Are you serious? There are people who feel like they are being "coerced" into buying something just because of a sequence of consecutive cataloge numbers?
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:40 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
Are you serious? There are people who feel like they are being "coerced" into buying something just because of a sequence of consecutive cataloge numbers?
I nearly made a comment along these lines earlier but I didn't want to offend any of those so afflicted.
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecc View Post
I nearly made a comment along these lines earlier but I didn't want to offend any of those so afflicted.
Eric, that's one hell of an affliction. I've been collecting film for almost 25 years have never heard anythign like it, mate. My point is that it's fine to collect a whole range of titles released by a certain company - that's fair enough. It's not something I've done but fair play. My point is that no one should feel "coerced" into buying something just because it's catalogue number is one up from the last release.
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:46 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

With regard to the BBFC, cuts, Blue Underground, double-dipping etc.:

Shameless do intend to re-submit NYR to the BBFC but have no idea or control over what that will lead to. They are keen that fans understand they will always do their level best by them, but Shameless must release under UK law and everything that entails. As a cut release NYR has become the second best selling Shameless title to date, it makes a lot of sense that it is one of their first potential BDs. We have to bear in mind that here on these forums we generally tend to be very well informed of versions available worldwide of all sorts of cult titles, but a lot of the sales for Shameless come from casual browsers and it's those sales that help support less commercial titles like Mrs Wardh, which otherwise on their own aren't viable.

Shameless fully respect the right of people to buy or not to buy but let's please not turn this thread into a long debate about that because that is going to take up time, space and energy that can go into working out the best possible UK release which people can then take a view on. The hope is to create an exciting release well worthy of your shelf space and Shameless are keen to hear views on how that can be achieved.

As for cuts, that's beyond their power.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 2nd November 2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 2nd November 2010, 03:44 PM
Cultist

ive not brought NYR yet on dvd but now im unsure about waiting for the blu
Old 2nd November 2010, 06:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think Shameless are to be commended on even trying to release a Blu Ray of NYR. Uncut or Cut I wish them all the luck in the world!
Old 2nd November 2010, 06:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Well let's see what the bbfc does...
I'm also curious if the BU bd actually included all footage and in the proper order?
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!