Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2010, 05:08 PM
Cult Rookie

I wondn't buy if it's cut I hate censorship.
Old 28th November 2010, 06:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny114 View Post
I wondn't buy if it's cut I hate censorship.
Don't we all!
Old 28th November 2010, 09:21 PM
Ex-member

Why doesn't the Numbering for the Blu-Ray start at 1 so as to have a fresh list for Blu-Ray just like Masters of Cinema Cseries have done.
Old 29th November 2010, 08:39 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think this is mentioned elsewhere but the code for the NYR BD is SHAM200 so the 200 series will be for Blu-rays.

Shameless couldn't have another SHAM001 and SHAM200 seemed a better choice than SHBD001, which lost the Shameless identity a bit.
Old 29th November 2010, 10:55 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's true as the infamous scene involving nipple slicing is done for sexual pleasure but to aggravate the detective and it's not imitatable behaviour like the BBFC's rulings on head butts and nunchucks.
They leave nunchakus and head buts in nowadays.

I think imitatable behaviour is a poor reason to cut things anyway. If that was the case everything would be cut.

Someone in a film gets the living shit kicked out of them with multiple kicks and punches, hit with a bar etc but if there was a headbutt or a double ear clap they used to cut it, doesn't make sense does it.

Thank f**k they are a bit more lenient nowadays.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:59 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I thought a head butt was only permitted in a 15 certificate film which is why the ones in Spider-Man and The Matrix (at the cinema and on DVD/BD) were replaced by some other form of non-lethal hand-to-hand combat such as a karate chop to the neck.
Old 29th November 2010, 02:21 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought a head butt was only permitted in a 15 certificate film which is why the ones in Spider-Man and The Matrix (at the cinema and on DVD/BD) were replaced by some other form of non-lethal hand-to-hand combat such as a karate chop to the neck.
I din't think there's rhyme or reason to any of their decisions half the time.

I know when some of the Spencer/Hill films were re-released a few years back they had the option of uncut 15's for some of them but opted for cut PG's or 12's instead.
Old 30th November 2010, 12:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I aint got NY Ripper on BluRay yet but I do have it cut and uncut on DVD so i'll wait and get the Shameless BD.
They done a great job with their DVD release of NYR so I recon their NYR BD will be worth picking up.

I like to support UK companies and the UK Horror scene so I will buy a UK product even if it is cut (within reason) and get the uncut version on import . I bought ISOYG with the same reasoning .(though I cant seem to find it uncut on BD yet)

I aint a 'Shameless fanboy' but I feel it important to support their first ever BluRay release even if the cut is forced to remain by UK law .
It is a big title with huge crossover appeal so I can see why they picked it , and the money genererated from it will enable Shameless to put out the more obscure titles that no one else has the balls to put out as they have no crossover appeal what so ever and only us small band of hardcore collectors will buy .

I think with this in mind we should be more positive about the forthcoming NYR BD weather we're gonna buy it or not, and focus on the good points, as there are fans who dont import or who buy in store on impluse , and its inportant that they get to hear how good a product they will be getting and not just that it MIGHT be missing a very short scene , that if we're honest is pretty fake looking and Shameless have done an excellent editing job that imho makes the scene in question more nasty by not letting us see it.
Old 30th November 2010, 12:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well said, vipco. Although already own it on BD (Blue Underground), I will double-dip and pick up the Shameless version as well just for the different extras and artwork.
Old 30th November 2010, 03:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thanks Nos.

Shameless have never let me down in the past and have opened my eye's to films I didn't know existed like Ratman , Love Goddess etc , as well provided me with excellent qualtiy versions of rare but old fav's like Killer Nun , Flavia etc without the need to import and I for one feel their first leap into BluRay should be judged as a complete package and not dismissed because theres a chance it could have @ 19 sec's edited.

It's Fulci, it's exreme and it'll be in UK stores on a reputable label in the strongest version ever and on BluRay to boot, to me thats worth shouting about .
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!