Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   New York Ripper (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   SHAM029/SHAM200 - New York Ripper HD: The BBFC Verdict (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/new-york-ripper/4323-sham029-sham200-new-york-ripper-hd-bbfc-verdict.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th January 2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 122238)
Can we all get back to discussing NYR on this thread, and if need be, continue this on the members site discussion thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 122253)
Agreed Stephen.

Back to the film please.:clap:

Not to pick sides (I have this release on pre-order for the extras and the extra footage) but, this thread was designed to discuss the BBFC decision and NOT the film (there are two other threads in this section for that), as per Sarah's introductory post:

"Please note that any discussion of the BBFC decision is to take place on this thread only - comments posted on other threads to do with this release will be removed as we need to keep threads tidy and focused".

As for the cut, it is unfortunate, but I whole-heartedly agree with bdc stating that Shameless should be applauded for re-submitting this, as they surely must of incurred a fee for doing so and it shows they have us, as fans, best interests at heart.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th January 2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 122394)
Not to pick sides (I have this release on pre-order for the extras and the extra footage) but, this thread was designed to discuss the BBFC decision and NOT the film (there are two other threads in this section for that), as per Sarah's introductory post:

"Please note that any discussion of the BBFC decision is to take place on this thread only - comments posted on other threads to do with this release will be removed as we need to keep threads tidy and focused".

I actually meant get back to the topic of the thread. Just didn't word it very well. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th January 2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 122401)
I actually meant get back to the topic of the thread. Just didn't word it very well. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, no probs Stephen - just thought it was weird when I saw it! ;)

Sarah@Cult Labs 17th January 2011 09:11 AM

Thanks guys.

Just to clarify, since we got a bit lost back there, the topic of this thread is, indeed, the BBFC imposed cuts to Shameless's forthcoming New York Ripper.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th January 2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 122408)
Ah, no probs Stephen - just thought it was weird when I saw it! ;)

Ditto-warzones do get confusing!:eek:

vipco 18th January 2011 12:23 AM

What a pity some folk are gonna pass on this Shameless release for the sake of 19 seconds .
I too prefer uncut films but I will buy a cut version if I have to or if I feel the purchase is justified , and I feel that if Shameless can go the extra mile for us fans by paying a fee to resubmit NYR to the BBFC in the hope of a waive of the previous DVD cut , then pay a second fee for an appeal viewing and fail ,yet still put it out as a premium release, with all new extras and extra footage , then I feel that thats a label that needs supporting and I will be buying the Shameless NYR BD on release.

With a US uncut R0 NYR already available I would imagine that Shameless will be aiming mainly at the UK market with this BBFC approved release , and even in its cut form I see it as an important UK release as so many companies would have pulled this after the first BBFC ruling, denighing many UK colecters and casual buyers the chance to own this gem of a film in Hi Def .
We need more Fulci on BD here in the UK for the UK Horror market to survive as not everybody imports . This is still an important release for UK fans even with the cut and imho the high sales of the first Shameless NYR on dvd prove this.

nekromantik 18th January 2011 12:31 AM

Vipco while I agree with you, its up to people what they do with their money. Not Im not defending the people not buying it or defending non-member as you can tell from my other post on here. :)

yes the cut is short however and you done loose out anything from the main story so in that sense its not that big of a deal but I bought the US release as it was uncut and on blu vs the then DVD only shameless release. Now Shameless are relasing it with 13 secs of never before seen footage and new extras its a worthy purchase. :) I just wish I had the money for double dips :lol:

vipco 18th January 2011 12:44 AM

I know Nekro, and im happy for people to spend and buy as they please.
What I mean is there are UK Horror collectors now into BD that dont import much or at all and need to be sustained and that NYR , even trimmed, is still an important release for them and the UK and its great that Shameless see this and that its wrong for a few people to attack this release or Shameless due to BBFC cuts or spoil the enjoyment of this release for those who the UK highstreet is the only option.
I mean UK buyers should have the option to enjoy a release without feeling unimportant by other collectors because their version is missing a scene and therefore shouldn't exist.
I certainly wasn't having a pop at you mate for importing .

nekromantik 18th January 2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 122627)
I know Nekro, and im happy for people to spend and buy as they please.
What I mean is there are UK Horror collectors now into BD that dont import that need to be sustained and that NYR in its cut form is still an important release for many fans and its great that Shameless see this and that its wrong for a few people to attack this release or Shameless due to BBFC cuts.
I mean UK buyers should have the option to enjoy a release without feeling unimportant by other collectors because their version is missing a scene and therefore shouldn't exist.
I certainly wasn't having a pop at you mate for importing .

Nah I never thought u was attacking me :)
I do agree that this is a good thing and Shameless and Arrow are 2 of the best UK horror distributors we have and Im loving the work they are doing :)
Its nice when people can have discussions without getting hostile. The way we are talking is the way it should be done :) unlike other forums around where member bashing is a past time :lol:

Back to the cuts, the nipple scene is not that bad tbh but we can never expect BBFC to allow sexual violence so its unavoidable. Is that all thats been cut?

vipco 18th January 2011 10:28 AM

Yeah, thats the only cut, but Sham have edited the scene really well and if you weren't familiar with NYR or that scene you'd never know it was cut , very smoth and not jump cut,. Its still a brutal scene the way its edited . I got the first Sham DVD of NYR and the PQ is excellent so they should do a lovely job with the BD.

I aint got the US BD so the Sham NYR BD will do me fine as I have an uncut DVD .No double dipping for me and I certainly wouldn't try to force others too , though im sure some will.

Yeah mate your right, it's great to have a good discussion without fear of feeling like a lesser being just coz your views differ from someone elese's ,thats why I like it here. It's people like yourself Necro , the mods and the rest of the guy's an girl's here, many who i've knew from the day they joined that make this place a joy to come to and not a chore like it is for me to visit a certain other site. Man it's a slag fest on every Thread there ...LOL