Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2011, 02:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Ha ha yeah.
I mean nyr would hardly cause damage compared to August undergrounds mordum but even that ain't harmful.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 18th January 2011, 03:33 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Yeah thats true.
But then again its not very likely that they will allow unrated releases as that means anything can be released here and thats the main reason the BBFC exists, to stop that. Maybe im wrong who knows ha ha.
If a government passed legislation to allow unrated releases then the BBFC would still have a job to rate and provide classification information for films that aren't released uncut, for 18 certificate videogames and four theatrical releases. They have unrated DVDs and BDs in the US and the MPAA still exists.
Old 18th January 2011, 03:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If a government passed legislation to allow unrated releases then the BBFC would still have a job to rate and provide classification information for films that aren't released uncut, for 18 certificate videogames and four theatrical releases. They have unrated DVDs and BDs in the US and the MPAA still exists.
Very true. I'm not sure if mpaa have legislation like we do with opa. That's the main difference I think.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 18th January 2011, 05:25 PM
Cult Rookie

Hi, I was curious exactly what the cut enforced by the BBFC was? I looked but couldn't find the info anywhere in the thread. Thanks.
Old 18th January 2011, 05:41 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
In their eyes they're protecting us from violent images that could harm us in such a way that we'd all end up disturbed for life so they probably think they dont get paid enough....lol

I wonder if the BBFC actually believe that, ? and if so , what makes a film like NYR lose its potential to cause us harm and disturb us so that it gets un banned and released in glorious hi def with just a 19s cut .(think its 19) ?
You say "Just a 19 second cut", 19 seconds can be a hell of a lot of footage, hell even afew seconds can amount to a lot.

Just think and take this into consideration, you could get a Friday the 13th type slasher film with say 12 deaths in it, it could be cut by 12 seconds, you might think "oh, it's only 12 seconds" but thay can be a hell of a lot.

That could be a second taken from each murder, but that solitary second could be the main part of a murder, how long does it take for an eye to get pushed it, a head to be cut off, a head exploding etc.

So a few seconds could in some ways take near enough every bit of gore out of such a film.
Old 18th January 2011, 06:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefff View Post
Hi, I was curious exactly what the cut enforced by the BBFC was? I looked but couldn't find the info anywhere in the thread. Thanks.
as stated on the BBFC website:
Quote:
Cuts were required to remove sexualised violence (a naked and bound woman's stomach and breasts being mutilated with a razor) in keeping with BBFC Guidelines, Policy and the Video Recordings Act 1984.
Unfortunately, they say there are 34 seconds of cuts but this is not the case -- it is more like 16, all from that scene which has been edited very well on the DVD releases so you don't even notice that a cut has been made.
Old 18th January 2011, 07:01 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
all from that scene which has been edited very well on the DVD releases so you don't even notice that a cut has been made.
I'd prefer it if they had just blatantly cut it instead of trying to justify thet it's the same length etc. I think it makes the scene look strange the way it was messed with.
Old 19th January 2011, 12:06 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
You say "Just a 19 second cut", 19 seconds can be a hell of a lot of footage, hell even afew seconds can amount to a lot.

Just think and take this into consideration, you could get a Friday the 13th type slasher film with say 12 deaths in it, it could be cut by 12 seconds, you might think "oh, it's only 12 seconds" but thay can be a hell of a lot.

That could be a second taken from each murder, but that solitary second could be the main part of a murder, how long does it take for an eye to get pushed it, a head to be cut off, a head exploding etc.

So a few seconds could in some ways take near enough every bit of gore out of such a film.
I get your point Tanzi, I know 19s can be big and can ruin a film, but we know what the cut is with NYR , that it's to one scene and that it dosent tone the nastiness of the film down and also that theres still alot of violence and nastiness left . I posted with that in mind, but I do know what your saying .
Old 19th January 2011, 06:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
What I mean is there are UK Horror collectors now into BD that dont import much or at all and need to be sustained and that NYR , even trimmed, is still an important release for them and the UK and its great that Shameless see this and that its wrong for a few people to attack this release or Shameless due to BBFC cuts or spoil the enjoyment of this release for those who the UK highstreet is the only option.
That´s why I keep myself from stating any kind or argument.

When someone rules their opinion against a "cut" movie there´s a notion that someone is "attacking". I know some user may have written something that can or cannot be considered an attack, don´t forget that an argument that is read may have a diferent meaning that an attack that is said. Opinions to a few is an attack for the majority.

Maybe those 13 seconds are just 1 second of 13 scenes extentions...
Old 19th January 2011, 10:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I was talking about guys on other forums who do attack the right for trimmed films to exist in the UK while theres an uncut Euro or US version available Jack. Sorry I should have eloberated more. I ment no disrespect to anyone here.

Like this? Share it using the links below!