Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2011, 10:24 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
that it's to one scene and that it dosent tone the nastiness of the film down and also that theres still alot of violence and nastiness left.
Your right there is still a lot of violence and nastiness in the film but in my opinion it does tone it down a bit, after all it is the most notorious scene in the film. Most people who haven't actually seen it but want to have most probably heard about the notorious scene. Imagine their dismay if they went to watch it and the scene that's been hyped up to them wasn't in the film in it's entirety (A bit like hearing about the splinter in the eye scene in Zombie flesh eaters then getting yourself the old cut version). In the late 80's when I was getting into this sort of stuff it took me a while to track down NYR and before I had seen it the eye/nipple scene was always the bit that would get pointed out i.e. "You've gotta see NYR, there's a scene with a razor blade..." etc.

If a film is cut worldwide there is nothing you can do about it and if this was the case I wouldn't hesitate picking something up, but if I know I can get an uncut one from somewhere that will always be the road I will go down.

Depending on what the extras are on the Shameless disc I may get it second hand or cheaper later on but until then I will stick with my glorious in uncut HD Blue Underground edition
Old 19th January 2011, 10:43 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I know what your saying as I to got into collecting films in mid 80's and was mad when I tracked down Ferox and it was the cut version, as i'd already seen it uncut , and yes 19s or whatever is long in film, especially if spread out around a few kill scenes. I dont dispute that.
What I was saying was ok it's cut, but it's still worth putting out as theres plenty who rely on the UK market for their Horror films as well as the casual buyer who likes to dip into Horror and for them and completists it's a pretty good package.
Old 19th January 2011, 08:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I was talking about guys on other forums who do attack the right for trimmed films to exist in the UK while theres an uncut Euro or US version available Jack. Sorry I should have eloberated more. I ment no disrespect to anyone here.
No worries.

I was not referring to you in partucular, I just quoted what you said and used as a mean to justify something that I was thinking.

This type of this happens in all forums, and this one is no different.
There are people like myself that only express their opinion without any meaning of attacking and there are others who say things to attack.

I´ll give you an example regarding an Arrow release where I stated the I would not buy the product in question just because it was cut. I based my veredict for not buying the dvd in question because some review said the cuts made were very noticable in picture and sound.

One of the responses that I had was ""Don´t like it, don´t buy it.

It´s because of that example that I keep myself ruling my opinion.

I´m not a fanboy of Arrow or Shameless, but I can say that I bought almost all of their releases and I´m very happy with all the products that I bought.

A forum like this is very helpfull but , as you may know, sometimes there are people who take some thoughts the wrong way.
Old 19th January 2011, 08:16 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
A forum like this is very helpfull but , as you may know, sometimes there are people who take some thoughts the wrong way.
Agreed.

Sometimes I think messages get 'lost in translation'. What may sound benign to the poster may sound insulting to the recipient (or vice versa). The problem with the internet is that posts are extremely subjective, and are open to massive interpretation by the reader(s). Also, we have such a diverse mix of people from all different cultures here at Cult Labs that things are bound to get misinterprated. For the most part I think we all get on pretty well, though.

Take my post as an example; It could get pegged as insightfully accurate, or random waffle, or the ramblings of a pretentious twat. Neither would be completely true, however.
Old 1st February 2011, 11:53 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Shameless have just let me know that the finalised running time of New York Ripper will be 90 mins and 25 secs, rated 18 by the BBFC.

Consumer Advice: Contains strong bloody violence and strong sex.

Old 1st February 2011, 11:56 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Shameless have just let me know that the finalised running time of New York Ripper will be 90 mins and 25 secs, rated 18 by the BBFC.

Consumer Advice: Contains strong bloody violence and strong sex.

Excellent news -- I especially like the consumer advice!
Old 2nd February 2011, 08:42 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Sarah, what are the extra 15 seconds?
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:48 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by broonage View Post
Sarah, what are the extra 15 seconds?
+1 on that.
Old 5th February 2011, 10:54 AM
Cultist in Training

Default What is the current missing cut

Sorry if this has been covered but cant seem to find out what the BBFC have cut and also if that cut is IN the Blueunderground Blu Ray?
Old 5th February 2011, 05:09 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Approx 19 seconds to one scene of a razor being run across a female bare breast and slicing into the nipple.
The scene IS intact in the BU version . Shameless have taken great care editing the scene though and its still quite nasty . .

Like this? Share it using the links below!