Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   New York Ripper (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   SHAM029/SHAM200 - New York Ripper HD: The BBFC Verdict (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/new-york-ripper/4323-sham029-sham200-new-york-ripper-hd-bbfc-verdict.html)

Playzocker 9th March 2011 03:47 PM

I don't like surprises ;)

I am completely with you on Shameless' side of the release. I also hate the BBFC for the decision, not you. I know that the movie business is a tough one and you sometimes just have to cut a few leafs to make a salad. :D

P.S.: Currenty, when a movie is being released in a censored version in Germany, the labels very often release uncut German versions in Austria, since we don't have that kind of movie censorship. Have you ever thought abour releasing an uncut edition of the film to Ireland, Scotland ... or somewhere else the BBFC has no say?

Sarah@Cult Labs 9th March 2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 134225)
P.S.: Currenty, when a movie is being released in a censored version in Germany, the labels very often release uncut German versions in Austria, since we don't have that kind of movie censorship. Have you ever thought abour releasing an uncut edition of the film to Ireland, Scotland ... or somewhere else the BBFC has no say?

The BBFC still have a say in Scotland and Wales - not just England. And I think Ireland are actually more strict from what I've heard so it's not really an option for Shameless unfortunately!

dustdevil 11th March 2011 06:29 PM

What about online sales only for an uncut release ?

Or would production costs be a problem having two different prints,plus if the uncut one ended up in shops by mistake that could be costly

Just a thought

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 134226)
The BBFC still have a say in Scotland and Wales - not just England. And I think Ireland are actually more strict from what I've heard so it's not really an option for Shameless unfortunately!

Well according to dvd&bluray world Ireland is more strict -the I Spit On Your Grave (1978) rerelease has apparently been banned while the UK gets a version cut by 2 min 54 secs.

bdc 11th March 2011 07:45 PM

The Netherlands or Belgium wouldn't censor it... ;)
And it would get a 16 certificate over here.

Didn't Redemption and Vipco take that route once?

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th March 2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 134225)
Have you ever thought abour releasing an uncut edition of the film to Ireland, Scotland ...

If only Scotland had their own censors! But then we'd have 9 ratings logos on a dvd and blu-ray cover, so maybe not. :lol:

nekromantik 11th March 2011 09:17 PM

I dnt think a online uncut release would be viable. No UK company currently offers paid for downloads as it has not taken off here yet. US has been doing it for a year now.

the blob 11th March 2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 134858)

Didn't Redemption and Vipco take that route once?

I'm not sure how legal the practice would be in operation now as I imagine it would count as a breach of contract when it came to territorial rights, unless the licensor agreed to it. Then again, I could be completely wrong. :)

trench 11th March 2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 134858)

Which indeed it did. I found a copy of the Japan Shock release when I lived there many years ago. 16 it is!

skankenstoned 12th March 2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skankenstoned (Post 134102)
Cuts or no cuts, I've enjoyed every one of Shameless's fine releases thus far and haven't at any point felt short changed. Maybe I'm not that clued up or educated in the ways of the true movie critic or the so called life long film buff but I like to think I have a good grasp on the whole Shameless/Arrow ethos and haven't lived the past 34 years in a cave laughing at my own farts. Without wishing to be a bitch I'm more likely to laugh at those who spend hard earned cash buying multiple versions of the same film in the hope of owning some 'Holy Grail' when a company like Shameless are right on my doorstep. Ultimatly though, happy viewing, whatever and however you decide to shop for your horror/giallo etc etc :)

Hey guys, I've been meaning to apologise for this post. This is a prime example of what happens when skankenstoned becomes plain ol' skanken'! (All work and no spliff makes me babble crap). I realise that on this forum I'm in the presence of some serious collectors and if my priorities were different I'd be exactly the same. This apologie is brought to you by the fact that I'm slowly but surely leaning to the idea of purchasing Fulci's Box Of Terror and will for sure be getting the fan edition of NYR. Hope I didn't offend anyone :pray:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th March 2011 02:24 PM

I suppose I'm one of those who buys multiple copies of the same film (such as The Exorcist six times), for such trivial reasons as different artwork, but I wasn't offended. Thanks for the apology anyway.