Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   New York Ripper (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   SHAM029/SHAM200 - New York Ripper HD: The BBFC Verdict (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/new-york-ripper/4323-sham029-sham200-new-york-ripper-hd-bbfc-verdict.html)

vipco 5th January 2011 09:58 AM

I hope they're not an extension to the scene in the sex club. That scene goes on waaay to long for my liking. I hate seeing people doing 'things' to eachother or prancing about naked.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th January 2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 119925)
I hope they're not an extension to the scene in the sex club. That scene goes on waaay to long for my liking. I hate seeing people doing 'things' to eachother or prancing about naked.

Me, I love it! :D But serioulsy, I think it may be the scenes included in the BU version of Paolo Malco's character plays a trick on his secretary, and a later, briefer one involving Malco and Jack Hedley walking while talking about Fay Majors. I don't think they're in the Shameless dvd?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th January 2011 09:43 PM

It's a shame about the ruling from Soho Square but my pre-order still exists and am really looking forward to seeing how this one is edited and compares to the BU version and the previous Shameless DVDs.

I think it's time some of the BBFC's mysterious policies were updated as there is no way that that scene is sexualised violence of the sort that would give someone erotic pleasure or in some way incite violence towards women.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th January 2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 120392)
I think it's time some of the BBFC's mysterious policies were updated as there is no way that that scene is sexualised violence of the sort that would give someone erotic pleasure or in some way incite violence towards women.

Exactly. And the scene is no worse than the nipple slicing scene in Flava, the one in NYR is just as unconvincing IMO. The BBFC are really inconsistent.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th January 2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 120394)
Exactly. And the scene is no worse than the nipple slicing scene in Flava, the one in NYR is just as unconvincing IMO. The BBFC are really inconsistent.

Yes, but they are consistently inconsistent! Do you know if their policies and guidelines are publicly available? I found some of the cuts in A Serbian Film to be puzzling as the scenes weren't violating any UK laws, just the tastes of the people at the BBFC who watched the film.

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th January 2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 120532)
Yes, but they are consistently inconsistent! Do you know if their policies and guidelines are publicly available? I found some of the cuts in A Serbian Film to be puzzling as the scenes weren't violating any UK laws, just the tastes of the people at the BBFC who watched the film.

I've said that many times. They're supposed to be objective but I do think a lot of the time, things are cut because it offends them personally. And if that is indeed the case, then they're in the wrong job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vendaval Este 7th January 2011 11:48 PM

I'll be picking this up regardless, anything to support Shameless, and it's another chance to own a film like this in a glorious HD remaster. :D

If need be, I'll get the American version too for completion's sake.

dustdevil 9th January 2011 11:23 AM

the cuts are annoying to say the least and I'm still in two minds as to getting it or not because of this - the only thing that will make me get this is what the extras will be.

Kudos to shameless for going the extra mile to try and get it passed though.

Presumeably the packageing will make it clear that the cuts have been made not just being the longest running time - don't want to go the vipco route do we;)

Sarah@Cult Labs 10th January 2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustdevil (Post 120862)
the cuts are annoying to say the least and I'm still in two minds as to getting it or not because of this - the only thing that will make me get this is what the extras will be.

Kudos to shameless for going the extra mile to try and get it passed though.

Presumeably the packageing will make it clear that the cuts have been made not just being the longest running time - don't want to go the vipco route do we;)

The extras have been posted so you can have a look at them here.

Shameless did indeed do as much as they could to get this passed by re-submitting and then appealing. Anyone annoyed by the cut cannot, I think, blame Shameless for lack of trying!

As for the packaging, I'm sure Shameless will make it clear as to the running time and cut. The other important thing, of course, is making sure the BBFC get it right on their website. When Shameless first released NYR back in 2007, the BBFC made an error and claimed that the cuts were much longer than they actually were! :doh:

robertzombie 10th January 2011 09:54 AM

Isn't that error also to be found on the back of the DVD cover?