Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th January 2011, 08:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

When will we get the information about what these extras scenes/bits are? I'm curious about this, as I've never heard of missing bits before (just that scene that was misplaced in BU's & others' editions).

Also, what are the chances of TORSO getting a blu-ray release? I'd like to get the dvd, but if there's even a slight chance, I'll pass for now.
Old 14th January 2011, 08:26 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Because NYR (even when there were uncut releases from abroad), was one of the top sellers for Shameless, and I have no doubt that the BD will be as well.
Quite right, it was their second biggest seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustdevil View Post
You are forgetting that not everyone uses the internet if they did nobody would walk into a high street shop and pay £25 - £30 for a bluray when it's £15 - £18 online,but they do.
Also very true. Not sure if this is still the case but I remember Almar once saying that online sales actually count for very little and the majority of sales come from people purchasing a copy of the film on the high street. A lot of people who buy films like this are buying them as impulse purchases and probably aren't aware that there are other versions out there. And, even if they were aware, they may not have the time or inclination to go searching for these other versions online and so are quite happy to buy a slightly cut version that is easily available in their nearest HMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
When will we get the information about what these extras scenes/bits are? I'm curious about this, as I've never heard of missing bits before (just that scene that was misplaced in BU's & others' editions).

Also, what are the chances of TORSO getting a blu-ray release? I'd like to get the dvd, but if there's even a slight chance, I'll pass for now.
I've asked Shameless for more details on the additional footage so be patient for a bit longer. They're very busy at the moment but I'm sure they'll let us know as soon as they can.

As for Torso, I really can't say. I can say that there are no plans at the present time for it. Obviously, for the future, it depends on things like whether a good HD master comes available and also whether it would be worth Shameless spending the money to put it out on Blu-ray. With Shameless being such a small company and Blu-rays being expensive to produce, it's a careful balancing act. So, as for that, I just can't say.

There is this thread seeing what already released Shameless titles people would like to see released on Blu-ray. I'd say it's best to make known your desire for Torso there as Shameless do check it.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 14th January 2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 14th January 2011, 09:21 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Sorry to complain, but, those cuts are destroying one of the most gruesome murder scenes ever shot by Fulci. Why would people praise a release that has gore cut out of it? And what does the extra seconds not avalible in the Blue-Underground contain? Some extra lines of dialogue or someone entering/leaving the room?

It's posts like this that seem to justify the BBFC's decision as, from what you have said, you are only interested in the gore elements and not in the construction, direction or artistic merits of films at all.

As for "destroying one of the most gruesome murders ever shot by Fulci", the cuts are very brief and have been very well edited by Shameless so, if you didn't know that the film was cut, you wouldn't notice that anything was missing. It isn't ideal that the BBFC decided to cut the film but I, for one, am intrigued to see what Shameless have found to make those who longest ever rele version of New York Ripper ever seen.
Old 14th January 2011, 11:18 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's posts like this that seem to justify the BBFC's decision as, from what you have said, you are only interested in the gore elements and not in the construction, direction or artistic merits of films at all.
Like I´m the only one who enjoys the spectacular gore effects in a Fulci film

I AM interested in the entire films, but come on, do you rather watch censored versions of Fulci´s films or uncut versions? The same goes for ALL italian horror/splatter movies.

Oh well. Nothing you can do about BBFC´s decision.

I´m not gonna rant anymore

I do look forward to what´s coming up next on BD from Shameless.
Old 14th January 2011, 01:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Like I´m the only one who enjoys the spectacular gore effects in a Fulci film
I severely doubt you could call a razor blade slicing through an (obviously) rubber nipple is a spectacular gore effect, but I understand what you're saying.

Quote:
I AM interested in the entire films, but come on, do you rather watch censored versions of Fulci´s films or uncut versions? The same goes for ALL italian horror/splatter movies.
I would much rather watch an uncut version but, in the case of New York Ripper in the UK, that isn't going to happen.

Quote:
Oh well. Nothing you can do about BBFC´s decision.
You can appeal it, which Shameless did, but once their decision is final, you'll probably need to wait for a change in their policies and guidelines and/or the director.

Quote:
I´m not gonna rant anymore
Good! Friendly banter and constructive posts are much more welcome.
Quote:
So do I.
Old 14th January 2011, 02:02 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76
Am I missing something, what's next for Shameless Blu-ray?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 14th January 2011, 02:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You're not missing anything as nothing has been announced. That doesn't stop us from debating the titles we would like to see in HD and a nice yellow Blu-ray case, does it?
Old 14th January 2011, 02:44 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Am I missing something, what's next for Shameless Blu-ray?
Hopefully Torso and The Frightened Woman!
Old 14th January 2011, 02:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Hopefully Torso and The Frightened Woman!
What about Night Train Murders, What Have They Done to Your Daughters? or something completely new to follow The Strange Case of Mrs Wardh? I would definitely opt for the latter.
Old 14th January 2011, 03:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I would even get "Manhattan Baby" if they release it.
Not one of Fulci´s better movies, but still very entertaining

The wires on the dead birds would be even more visible

Like this? Share it using the links below!