Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2011, 07:32 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default SHAM029/SHAM200 - New York Ripper HD: The BBFC Verdict

Shameless have resubmitted New York Ripper to the BBFC and we now have the verdict which is that the current cuts still stand. Shameless appealed this decision however the BBFC have stated that the scene in question is against their policy regarding sexualised violence and so has to go.

Despite this, however, there's plenty of good news. As with Shameless’s original New York Ripper DVD, the cuts have been edited so that the running time remains unaffected and they’re going to make sure that the BBFC don’t get this wrong on the website this time! In addition to this, Shameless have painstakingly sourced and added approximately 3 minutes of footage not in the previous Shameless version, as well as adding a new scene of approximately 15 seconds not present in the Blue Underground BD, making this the longest version of the film available anywhere. Add into this some as-yet-secret-but-stunning extras, a beautiful high definition transfer and that packaging, this is still a version of New York Ripper that is worth viewing and owning and demonstrates Shameless's continued commitment to fans including doing all they could with the BBFC with a tiny cut.

More info on the release including extras and finalised artwork will be released in the coming weeks so keep your eyes peeled!

For more info on why some Shameless releases are cut, check out the Shameless FAQ section.

Please note that any discussion of the BBFC decision is to take place on this thread only - comments posted on other threads to do with this release will be removed as we need to keep threads tidy and focused.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 4th January 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 4th January 2011, 07:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quick question Sarah, are those 3 mins in the BU version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If it's edited in the same way as the DVD,then it's no big deal.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Now that's interesting. Big shame about the BBFC but I've always felt some scenes seemed to be a bit too abrupt.. I wonder if the new footage fills them out. This makes it a buy for me eventually.
Old 4th January 2011, 07:38 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Thanks for the update, Sarah.

It's unfortunate that the cuts weren't waived, but great news about the additional scenes. Speaking of which, I'm very much looking forward to hearing the details of what those scenes will entail.

My pre-order still stands.
Old 4th January 2011, 07:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Great stuff guys.

If it weren't for support from folk like yourselves,then we wouldn't have these indie labels.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th January 2011, 07:40 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Quick question Sarah, are those 3 mins in the BU version?

I think some of them were but possibly not all of them. As far as I'm aware, the 3 minutes are scenes that appear in various other versions, but not all in the one version if you see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Great stuff guys.

If it weren't for support from folk like yourselves,then we wouldn't have these indie labels.
Hear hear, Reaps!

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 6th January 2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 4th January 2011, 07:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I think some of them were but possibly not all of them. As far as I'm aware, the 3 minutes are scenes that appear in various other versions, but not all in the one version if you see what I mean.
Be an interesting viewing experience then....

Old 4th January 2011, 07:43 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah i see what you mean. So even with the cut, the Shameless BD will be the longest version available.Excellent news. Lovely yellow Shameless goodness. Can't wait!

Old 4th January 2011, 07:44 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Be an interesting viewing experience then....
Definitely. Like I said, even with the minor BBFC cut, this is still the longest version of the film available. And in glorious HD!

Like this? Share it using the links below!