Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   New York Ripper (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   SHAM029/SHAM200 - New York Ripper HD: The Tech Debate (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/new-york-ripper/4421-sham029-sham200-new-york-ripper-hd-tech-debate.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 122705)
In terms of what I would like Shameless to do from a technical standpoint on the Blu-ray, a big selling point and almost essential part of the release would be lossless or uncompressed mono soundtracks so either DTS-HD Master Audio or (preferably) LPCM should be on the BD.

It's taken a while to get this info as I've had to wait for Shameless to go through the authoring process for both DVD and BD but I now have an answer!

Shameless have listened to all concerns and advice on the forums regarding the audio format and so New York Ripper Blu-ray will feature:
  • DTS 2.0 HD Master Audio in English.
  • DTS 2.0 HD Master Audio in Italian and Spanish (with English subtitles).
  • The unadulterated original audio, as per the original source, in English.

The DVD version of the film will feature:
  • Dolby Digital Mono in English.
  • Dolby Digital Mono in Italian, French, German and Spanish (with English subtitles).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 132922)
It's taken a while to get this info as I've had to wait for Shameless to go through the authoring process for both DVD and BD but I now have an answer!

Shameless have listened to all concerns and advice on the forums regarding the audio format and so New York Ripper Blu-ray will feature:

• Dolby Digital Mono in Italian, French, German and Spanish (with English subtitles).

Three DTS-HD Master Audio tracks?! Excellent -- watching it with the Spanish audio should be a weird and wonderful experience! Top marks to Shameless for these audio options.

broonage 4th March 2011 09:34 AM

I'd love to see French or at subtitles in French. That way I could introduce these wonderful films to my gf. I've been able to do that with some of the recent BU Blus, sadly she hated Maniac!

Sarah@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 132925)
I'd love to see French or at subtitles in French. That way I could introduce these wonderful films to my gf. I've been able to do that with some of the recent BU Blus, sadly she hated Maniac!

Unfortunately French wasn't possible for the Shameless BD. However, the DVD has French audio. Why not get her a belated Valentine's gift? I'm sure she'd love it... ;)

broonage 4th March 2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 132926)
Unfortunately French wasn't possible for the Shameless BD. However, the DVD has French audio. Why not get her a belated Valentine's gift? I'm sure she'd love it... ;)

:)

bdc 4th March 2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 132922)

Wow! :rockon:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 01:22 PM

Thanks for the update Sarah. :)

It's great to see HD tracks in both English AND Italian - something that the BU Blu hasn't got. :clap:

It makes my impending BD double-dip all the more anticipated! :happy:

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th March 2011 02:51 PM

April 25th can't come soon enough!

Amertume 18th March 2011 07:38 PM

Got it pre-ordered on BD, of course! :party:

What's the actual reason that the DVD will feature both a French and a German soundtrack? :)

Sarah@Cult Labs 18th March 2011 09:33 PM

Partly because they were available in a suitable format and partly because Shameless wanted to give DVD customers a slightly different package to their BD counterparts!

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk