Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2011, 10:00 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

As promised, I have some comparison shots so that you can compare the PQ of the new version of NYR with Shameless' earlier release (SHAM001). For a more detailed analysis of the PQ in the release as a whole, you should check out Nos's excellent review in the reviews thread.

Obviously screen grabs only show a brief moment in the film so for more information I'd highly recommend checking out reviews as we get nearer to the release date. However, having seen the NYR BD, I can say that the film looks spectacular in HD, with really gorgeous PQ and audio!
Old 13th June 2011, 03:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm assuming the top screenshots are the new BD??

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 13th June 2011, 04:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I'm assuming the top screenshots are the new BD??
Yeah, hence the captions identifying the top ones as from SHAM029 and the bottom one is as from SHAM001, the very first DVD Shameless released.

I imagine the ones from the BD will look even better but, as it would take a long time to find the right frames to capture and then resize them so they are the same size as errors DVD caps, I'll just say the picture quality on the BD looks awesome and leave it at that!
Old 13th June 2011, 05:10 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, hence the captions identifying the top ones as from SHAM029 and the bottom one is as from SHAM001, the very first DVD Shameless released.

I imagine the ones from the BD will look even better but, as it would take a long time to find the right frames to capture and then resize them so they are the same size as errors DVD caps, I'll just say the picture quality on the BD looks awesome and leave it at that!
Would help if I looked at it properly the first time round, sorry for being a douche!

To be honest the PQ doesn't look great but like you say I'll only be able to judge once I see it in motion myself

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 15th June 2011, 06:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
The DVD version of the film will feature:
  • Dolby Digital Mono in English.
  • Dolby Digital Mono in Italian, French, German and Spanish (with English subtitles).
German audio for the DVD...???!!!!!!

You just made this German DVD collector's day, turning this release into a "must buy" for me
Old 15th June 2011, 06:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Looks very good to me, the print looks a lot clearer and more colourful. What's the extra scenes and bits of footage then?
Old 15th June 2011, 06:55 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Looks very good to me, the print looks a lot clearer and more colourful. What's the extra scenes and bits of footage then?
That info can be found here, JAMIOUSE!

Like this? Share it using the links below!