Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2008, 07:11 AM
Ex-member

NYR wikipedia page could do with updating, stating that Shameless are one of the distributors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_York_Ripper

Plus having Anchor Bay as the distributor in the info box is long out of date as the rights have reverted to Blue Underground.
Old 30th May 2008, 07:29 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

All changed ...... for now!!
Hello eveyone, Im back!!!
Old 6th July 2008, 10:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

A first in my viewing experience: When revisting the "Shameless" DVD of NYR yesterday (I rewatched the uncut version a few months back.), the cuts were even LESS obvious than on my first viewing. In fact, I had to remind myself that something WAS actually missing.
Good job!
Old 6th July 2008, 01:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've this one (NYR) pencilled in for tomorrow with Death Trap, i've had it a while now but I had just watched the VIPCO release not long before I boughth the Shameless release .
The family are away for a week so its double bills all week, starting tonite with Bronx Warriors 1 & 2.
Old 8th July 2008, 06:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Shameless version will blow the vipco attrocity away Vips,let us know what you think once you've watched it mate.....
Old 2nd August 2008, 08:27 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Awesoe quality mate.
I watched it upscaled and it was the best quality i've got yet outta upscaling.
You'd a thought this was a new film, not a 30 year old one.

Top marks to Almar & Co on this one.
Every Shameless title I own is of excellent quality, but NY Ripper is probably the best yet.

Film wise I knew what to expect but the live sex show scene seemed to go on forever, and in crystal clarity thanks to Shameless .
That was the hardest to watch scene in the film for me, surely a 2 to 3 s long shot of the goings on would have been enuff.?

Its actually one of my favourite Fulci film's now, thanks to the Shameless release.
Old 2nd August 2008, 04:52 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It adds to the whole sleazefest mate,the cutting of the nipple slicing is sheer genius.....who cut that for you Almar?
Old 7th August 2008, 01:44 AM
Cult Rookie

My brother used to have a band, the bass guitarist's brother was a horror fanatic (it's always the drummers innit?) and, anyway, he had almost all of the Nasty List and a shitload of uncut goods on video... 2 per tape as I remember!

One of the most shocking double bills I ever saw was the uncut 'Dawn Of The Dead' and then 'Guinea Pig - Flower Of Felsh And Blood'... my jaw ****ing dropped I can tell you (this was around '94-95... did not have a clue!!).

However, the nipple slicing of The New York Ripper and the ferocious murders absolutely blew me away... there is a distinct sleazy and bitter taste to that film that cannot be ignored or forgotten... and you either love it or hate it.

4 DVD versions later and about 13 years down the line, guess which side I fall on?
Old 7th August 2008, 12:06 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Our authoring company Phaebus did that re-cut for us on NYR.
Old 5th January 2009, 03:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I got round to watching the Shameless disc for the first time the other day ( i've had it since it came out ) and i noticed two scenes were missing: a scene with Paolo Malco talking to his secretery and another with Malco and Jack Hedley talking about a character suffering from hallucinations. I dont remember those scenes being in Vipco's tape either. Where they not in the print supplied by the licensor? It is a great disc though the picture quality is better than the R1 disc.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!