Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > The Night Gallery

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th January 2012, 10:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

When I was a kid NIGHT GALLERY was on late some nights, thought the way the intros were handled were often much better than the story that followed, something somehow spooky about those pictures, tho if I watched them nowadays I'd have the lights off and put the telly to B/W and skip some of the stories and just watch the intro, oh well fond memories.
Old 25th January 2012, 08:06 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Finally season 3 is getting a region 1 release!

http://www.thetwilightzonenetwork.co...ion-1-dvd.html
Old 25th January 2012, 09:51 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Season 3!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs View Post
...and that means Tom, that one of my all time favorites will finally be
mine...'Something in The Woodwork'.

Geraldine Page is fantastic in this one...and Jamie is all kinds of creepy.

Can't wait!

Keep up the great work Tom!
Old 25th January 2012, 10:01 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice.s.aaron View Post
When I was a 10 year old kid, I saw an episode of Night Gallery in syndication that shook me to my foundations. I don't know which episode it was, though. I've been through the various episode guides in search of it and none of the descriptions seem to match my memory of the show.

I don't know the entire plot of the episode, but the visuals that stand out are of a man or two men walking outside at night and some sort of shadowy creature is watching him/them from within some bushes. All you could see of the creature were his glowing red eyes. The creature seemed to be following them. A scene later on was, if I recall, in a basement room, possibly a study, and characters saw the eyes staring in through the high windows from ground level outside. By the end of the episode, the creature itself finally appeared and I think killed one of the other characters. It was fairly ape-like or maybe wolf-like. But had the red eyes. Those images haunted me for a long time.

The closest episode description I've found in the episode guides is Pickman's Model. I watched some of it on Hulu to see if it was the one. But while the creature from it is certainly scary enough, there are no outdoor night time scenes in the version on Hulu. And I don't remember the monster attack at the end being nearly as drawn out as Pickman's Model.

Any suggestions for what this episode might be?
Hey Juice, long after the fact...but what about 'There Aren't Any More Macbanes' from Season 2?
Old 29th January 2012, 04:02 PM
Cult Rookie

Some were hit and miss but wouldn't mind snagging a complete collection. There were some episodes adapted from short stories from the likes of Fritz Leiber that would be well worth watching. Got S1 and S2 on import. Any chance of an S3?
Old 30th March 2012, 07:29 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Bibliomike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
I thought “Eyes”, “The Cemetery” and “The House” were decent
They were okay, I guess, but I really found the pilot very underwhelming. I'm watching NG for the first time ever, and am not sure I would've stuck with it past the pilot if I hadn't heard that some really great stuff comes in the future. The painting-swapping plot point in "Cemetery" really doesn't quite work (although I guess we could say McDowell's character - oh, that awful accent! - was so weirded out he just didn't notice the painter making the substitutions rapid-fire there at the end... maybe several small blackouts?). "Eyes" is marred by the plot point ex machina of the blackout - and, even in a blackout, you can see stuff (although I guess one could argue that her eyes were so new, they weren't up to snuff). And the one about the former Nazi... did he just not notice that the painting had been changed? (Let alone the problematic imagery of the crucifixion as a metaphor for the Holocaust.)
Old 14th April 2012, 01:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonhorrorcomic View Post
Some were hit and miss but wouldn't mind snagging a complete collection. There were some episodes adapted from short stories from the likes of Fritz Leiber that would be well worth watching. Got S1 and S2 on import. Any chance of an S3?
Already out in the states (See above posts) with WITCHES FEAST (Missing from Season 2 I think)
Old 24th December 2012, 03:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm here merely to register my love for The Night Gallery. It is a late discovery for me in a way, I wasn't around when it was first on, any shows like this I love though. I'm slowly working my way through them though, I don't want to watch them all at once as I like the idea of having something I haven't seen left to watch.
Old 29th December 2012, 02:07 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Night Gallery was really good.
Old 29th December 2012, 05:58 PM
Cultist

I suppose comparisons between the Night Gallery and the Twilight Zone are inevitable given the Serling connection, but I think the Night Gallery was an overall better show, but that the best of TZ (Nightmare At 20,000 Feet, The Howling Man, The Grave, etc) was better than the best of the Night Gallery, if that makes sense. Still, when the NG was firing on all cylinders it was a pretty formidable piece of television.

Like this? Share it using the links below!