Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Night Train Murders (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   SHAM009 - Night Train Murders (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/night-train-murders/223-sham009-night-train-murders.html)

cloud 9th June 2008 09:45 PM

This one held back in the violence department whereas Last House went all the way. I like on screen violence as much as the next man but I find films that sacrifice entertainment for shock value fall flat with me. Night Train Murders is a more playful and polished film than Last House and I was surprised at how entertaining it was. Not a classic by any means but certainly good.

Arrrrrrrach 17th January 2010 07:47 PM

Just saw this for the first time and waay prefer it to LHOTL (never have got into that film). The events in the story are far more convincing and the film was very watchable and pretty tense in places. My first Shameless watch and I'm sold!

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th January 2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrrrrrrach (Post 58203)
My first Shameless watch and I'm sold!

Shameless (and Arrow) dvds are a little like Pringles.Once you pop you can't stop. :dog:

vipco 18th January 2010 01:54 AM

Shameless done a great job on Night Trains but the actual film itself disappointed me.
Dont get me wrong, it was money well spent, I like the film but I much prefer Deodato's HOTEOTP and Cravens LHOTL .

vincenzo 18th January 2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrrrrrrach (Post 58203)
Just saw this for the first time and waay prefer it to LHOTL (never have got into that film). The events in the story are far more convincing and the film was very watchable and pretty tense in places.

I vastly prefer it to Last House too. Much more convincing and believable. For once they were characters you actually cared about, which made the violence even nastier.

vipco 19th January 2010 11:31 PM

It slightly disappointed me, the film, not Sham's release, as i'd never seen it before and expected it to be more nasty and vicious than it was.

I think LHOTL & HOTEOTP are better films,......but thats just my personal opinion, based entirely on my own preferences .

Gruesometwosome 19th February 2010 11:12 PM

Loved the film watched it twice now and its worth the build up to the father getting his payback everytime.

I just wish the father had gone that 1 step further...:cool:

vincenzo 19th February 2010 11:19 PM

Still my favourite film released by Shameless to date.

Rhodes 22nd August 2010 02:38 PM

and of course, craven got the idea from bergman's the virgin spring, which was bergman's attempt to do a kurusawa, aah, such a rich tapestry :)
last house on the left was one of those films that i heard so much about before seeing it that when i finally did see it it seemed very tame indeed, house by the edge of the park i still find pretty sick and shocking to this day.
i haven't seen night train murders yet but it's in the post! hopefully i'l have it tommorow.

Mac 11th October 2010 05:06 PM

I watched this one today for the first time in a while and I still think it`s far superior to Last House.

It`s well acted, directed and scored by the same man who gave us The Good, The Bad and The Ugly no less. One thing that did make me laugh however was at the start when the thugs (one of which kind of looks like a young Sly Stallone) beat up Father Christmas then steal his wallet. :lol: