Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Nurse
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2017, 10:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

CONFESSIONS OF A DRIVING INSTRUCTOR (1976)

Timmy and Sid set up a driving school right next door to a rival school.
When news of an car accident involving Timmy and a girl in the car hits the newspapers, the lads think that no one will have lessons there now. Soon the phone is ringing all the time as all the ladies want Timmy to instruct them..

More antics with Timmy Lea as the girls throw themselves at him.
Some great double meanings for me were laugh out funny and it is even more funny when it comes from the ladies.
Some of the scenes turn into a Benny Hill fast chase which is a shame because the film does not need to go down that route.
Once again there are lots of comedy actors and it is a bit of a shocker to see Liz Frazer in some of these scenes but everyone is game for a laugh.
Not as good as the first movies but enough to keep you smiling all through.
Old 22nd June 2017, 03:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Stopped by Mary Millington's grave today. I had not been to that church for a while. The stone looks terrible and hardly readable now. I had to adjust picture settings just to make out the lettering on the stone.
Looks like no one cares for the grave anymore or visits. Sad.
Mary is buried with her mother under her married name of Maxted.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170622_135948.jpg (104.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 22nd June 2017, 05:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Stopped by Mary Millington's grave today. I had not been to that church for a while. The stone looks terrible and hardly readable now. I had to adjust picture settings just to make out the lettering on the stone.
Looks like no one cares for the grave anymore or visits. Sad.
Mary is buried with her mother under her married name of Maxted.

A shame.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th November 2017, 01:52 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Come Play With Me (1977)

Despite being the longest running British film at a cinema ever and supposedly a vehicle for Mary Millington, Come Play With Me, is in all honesty, dire.

For a start Millington barely features in a film which is also minus a plot, yet producer David Sullivan somehow managed to convince the likes of Alfie Bass and Irene Handl to star. There's plenty of nudity and sexy nurse dance routines which seem to be there to flesh out the running time, yet these vignettes are also the best thing about Come Play With Me. Saucy Sue Longhurst's presence ensures there's something worth watching, but on the whole this is the nadir (creativity wise) at the arse end of British sex cinema.

Old 26th November 2017, 07:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

For those same reasons I love it.
Only in Britain etc
Dave Boy likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th November 2017, 10:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
For those same reasons I love it.
Only in Britain etc
It's the worst example i've seen to date, yet it's the most heralded.
Old 26th November 2017, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's the worst example i've seen to date, yet it's the most heralded.
George Harrison Marks' performance. The term 'chewing the scenery' is insufficient here . Gnawing more fitting imho.
It's success can only be down to the paucity of imagination in yer average Brit pervert. Grab that gerbil with pride and insert!!!

[B]
Old 27th November 2017, 12:43 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
George Harrison Marks' performance. The term 'chewing the scenery' is insufficient here . Gnawing more fitting imho.
It's success can only be down to the paucity of imagination in yer average Brit pervert. Grab that gerbil with pride and insert!!!
Talking about inserts, apparently an uncut "export" print is owned by someone in England. Although, it will still be terrible.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th November 2017, 02:50 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Come Play With Me (1977)

Despite being the longest running British film at a cinema ever
Is the reason it lasted so long is because Sullivan owned the cinema or knew someone who did?

Back then if you saw that dire film would you really want to tell people how bad it was and you went to see it too? Maybe that is why it became so popular?
Old 27th November 2017, 03:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Is the reason it lasted so long is because Sullivan owned the cinema or knew someone who did?

Back then if you saw that dire film would you really want to tell people how bad it was and you went to see it too? Maybe that is why it became so popular?
Sullivan did a deal with the owners of the Moulin cinema that as long as the film took above x amount each week they would have to show it the following week.
SilverSurfer likes this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 27th November 2017 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Deal not seal, i doubt Sullivan did a seal, but you never know...

Like this? Share it using the links below!