Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Nurse
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:09 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Diane Hart and Joanna Lumley in Games that Lovers Play (1971)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 018629104_jlgames_that_lovers_play_1971_123_24lo.jpg (94.7 KB, 49 views)
Old 8th October 2020, 06:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Simon Sheridan, the documentary filmmaker who made the Mary Millington documentary included in the Screenbound box set tweeted this yesterday...

In the comments when asked if could elaborate he said “not yet...but I will in 2021”

Maybe another clue that a Confessions box set is in the works??!!

609a59eb-140d-4024-9555-47adfdf18c2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8th October 2020, 05:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Nice!
I was in contact with Simon a couple of months ago and he said he had another Mary Millington film in the works.
Demoncrat and MuckyFunster like this.
Old 24th March 2022, 05:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Playbirds (1978)

A serial killer is murdering the girls sleazy Alan Lake uses as centerfolds for his Playbirds magazine. The police are f*cking useless - seriously. Two murders happen to girls supposedly under police protection - so beat bobby Mary Millington goes undercover at Playbird magazine in a bid to snare the killer.

To say this is a Mary Millington film she must have all of two minutes screen time during the first hour. She's in it more for the final 25 minutes. However it becomes clear why she's not given many scenes of dialogue. She simply isn't a very good actor and speaks her lines as if reading a cue card. A pity as Mary seems a very likable girl and other than the sex and stripping scenes i can certainly see her appeal.

Last night was my second viewing of The Playbirds. It's not bad with a couple of effective kills, especially the final one which is a proper downer, but too much of it is given up to scenes of horse racing and or the police acting generally useless. In truth this isn't as good as the film it borrowed it's plot from, 1959's Cover Girl Killer.

It's far and away the best movie Mary appeared in and i was pleased to see how lovely the restored dvd picture looked

Like this? Share it using the links below!