Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Oasis of Fear

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2008, 09:52 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Is it my imagination or have we not seen that much of you lately around here Philleh? Always good to have you about and I agree with you about that Japanese poster - it's really growing on me.
Old 30th May 2008, 09:57 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah, I've been a busy boy recently Almar! I'm moving into the script writing world and I have been writing and re-searching my butt cheeks off! lol

I've handed my work over to a professional for assassination, i mean feedback, so now have time to relax a little! So expect to see more of me

I love the heroic Lovelock pose; which is actually really random - as he's as heroic an ironing board in the movie!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 30th May 2008, 10:02 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Ooo busy moving up in the world eh? Well don't forget us at Shameless and if you want us to package up your film with a terrible cover and get it mediocre distribution we're the guys to come to!

Let us know how the assassination goes!
Old 30th May 2008, 10:19 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Well, i'm sure i'll be in soap opera hell, so i'll be sure to write in those little yellow boxes into every scene! (you'll be my J&B!)

The firing squad have been kind to me thus far, but I'm sure it'll soon change!

Anyways, has there been an official UK poster (ever) for Dirty Pictures?!?

Welcome to The Deuce

Last edited by Philleh; 30th May 2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:22 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
Anyways, has there been an official UK poster (ever) for Dirty Pictures?!?
A very good question! I'm hoping Jonny or Marc will swoop in with an answer...
Old 30th May 2008, 03:30 PM
Ex-member

To the best of my knowledge, the film didn't receive a UK cinema release.

**waits for Jonny to step forward and call me a numpty for being wrong**
Old 30th May 2008, 03:34 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I don't think it did. I've tried several titles and it doesn't appear on the BBFC's site.
Old 31st May 2008, 08:21 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

No, I'm pretty sure it never had a UK theatrical release. All the home video releases (France, Holland, Italy and Greece) have had the on screen title 'Un posto ideale per uccidere' with the exception of the USA VHS release which has the video generated title 'Dirty Pictures'.

Strange thing is that all the VHS releases, bar the Italian one, are dubbed into English which points to an English dub being recorded (obviously) but no English titled 35mm prints seem to have been struck.
Old 31st May 2008, 08:45 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Strange thing is that all the VHS releases, bar the Italian one, are dubbed into English which points to an English dub being recorded (obviously) but no English titled 35mm prints seem to have been struck.
But the English dub features scenes not in the Italian version (at least on the available Italian master which leads me to wonder if the print that those tape releases were struck from was some sort of composite since it too features an Italian language only scene without subtitles (whereas several other "local color" Italian scenes has English subtitles on the print itself).

EDIT: On the Greek tape at least - I haven't seen the other English releases but I've been told they're virtually identical content wise - the beginning of Lovelock's narration after the credits is clipped which once again makes me wonder if that version's audio already was a composite of English and Italian audio sources.

Last edited by ecc; 31st May 2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 31st May 2008, 08:57 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Some good points there ecc, I hadn't thought of those.

There's another strange occurrence on the Greek VHS that I noticed where there's a total loss of all audio for a few minutes in the final third of the film, though that could just be down to some sloppy work by the Greek video company (highly likely).

It's a strange one this film, Lenzi's on record about how much he dislikes this film and maybe it's this lack of care that has resulted in such a patchwork result.

Be interesting to see the final Shameless version.

Like this? Share it using the links below!